• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The uair is a lot easier to combo with, and fair combos into uair really nicely, so does dair some times. Also the fair is significantly stronger than docs. At least it was in 2.1.

EDIT: Omg and don't forget about the buffed dash attack. I swear it sets up almost as good as sheik's.

Stevo

Smash Champion
ok but how is uair easier to combo with? it should be the same frame data and stuff.
and are you sure about the Fair? Seemed like the same strength as Doc's to me, but maybe.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I was killing pika around like 75% or lower with fair, and marth maybe at like 80-90. I think the uair is harder to DI, or sends at a better trajectory, or the character model makes it different. But try it, it's so consistent in PM, and in melee it's very hard to pull off.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
im pretty sure in melee, doc's fair will kill pika at 75% and 80% on marth.

SIMON I SUMMON YOU

Taste

Smash Apprentice
I'm with luke, I feel like everything combos into everything easier with mario. Plus dair gets things started mega easy

Is his fsmash stronger than melee mario's as well?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
his fsmash definitely has a better hitbox if it's not stronger ben, Melee marios had an AWFUL hitbox, so many weak zones.

I think what makes everything feel so much easier is in PM a lot of the characters are larger, literally easier to hit.

Lex Jewthor

Smash Apprentice
What is the current "tier list" for PM? I know the game's changing rapidly, and is super new so obviously any list should be taken with a grain of salt, but I can't find anything on it.

Stevo

Smash Champion
try the PM boards I guess. I think there is a tier list discussion thread there.

and I think his f-smash does 1% more or something, which does also affect the knockback. As far as I know it should be the same hitboxes, though, but I heard somewhere that when sourspots and sweetspots overlap they are treated slightly different in brawl. Not sure if that is accurate, though.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Here's the speculative 'tier list' from the PM forums. It hasn't changed in a while i think

1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Sheik
4. Marth
5. Peach
6. Mario

High
7. Jigglypuff
8. Lucario
9. Ike
10. Diddy
11. Pit
12. Wolf
13. Falcon

Mid
14. Link
15. Snake
16. Ganondorf
17. Sonic
18. Pikachu
19. Lucas
20. Squirtle

Low
21. Zelda
22. DonkeyKong
23. Bowser
24. Zero SuitSamus
25. Wario
26. Ivysaur
27. Toon Link

Bottom
28. Charizard
29. DeDeDe
30. R.O.B.
31. Ness
32. Luigi
33. Game and Watch

It's so all over the place it's not even worth arguing about. But for curiosities sake, there you go

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I still honestly think PM is a triangle, most matchups through my experience are more one-sided than say, melee matchups, but that being said, almost every character has more than a third of the cast they have an advantage on, but also a third they have a disadvantage.

Nobody has that many bad matchups, except Luigi

Stevo

Smash Champion
is that list supposed to be ranking them by potential? or by using tournament results?

because it fails at both.

also, is that for 2.5?

I love how the tiers are like

1.Melee top tier
2. Newcommers that pro players have won tournaments with
3. Heavy defensive and light glass cannons
4. Slow and misunderstood
5. Large and Strange

Taste

Smash Apprentice
it is for 2.5, and i guess is an average of a lot of peoples tier lists. not too sure if results factor in

#lowtiermain

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
wait, since when were tier lists accurate based on anything but opinions?

Thats pretty accurate given the current competitive scene, of course given change will occur

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
Clarke has been looking into buying a Hauppauge capture device for a higher quality stream, he has found 1 on kijiji but admitted to me he could not afford it. Who would be interested in raising money for him?

I think a better stream would be great for the community

Thank You

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Pffffft. Sakurai accidentally made broken characters in Melee that it transfers over into PM.

For the love of god I'm kidding. Still. Funny list. :p

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
what the hell moe? i told you that in confidence.
donations would be nice but damn, that is personal info
@ron thanks for the heads up, just replied to an ad on kijiji

Tyson651

Smash Lord
An honest mistake by moe. I'm sure is intentions were good.

Also I think your recording quality is pretty decent already. I don't think it's necessary to upgrade your recording device.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
his intentions are very good, and i agree with you about my recording quality being "decent"
I will not be hosting this sunday due to lack of interest and real life johns.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
his fists are for close range, his feet (ftilt and downb) are his projectiles. that and fear

Top Bottom