• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Tech skill is overrated. Mindhames son.

Would this smashfest this week be perhaps after 4? Because then I could come. I work otherwise.

I'm going to have to get one of u xsplit legit people to show me how you configured your setup when I see you. I'm having trouble getting a direct audio feed AND a separate mic feed.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Tech skill is overrated. Mindhames son.

Would this smashfest this week be perhaps after 4? Because then I could come. I work otherwise.

I'm going to have to get one of u xsplit legit people to show me how you configured your setup when I see you. I'm having trouble getting a direct audio feed AND a separate mic feed.
If you want to set up a high quality stream using xsplit it's going to require effort... and an investment.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I have a really good set up, mechanically. Minus computer parts. But I got the best mic for the gig and everything else required too.

Anyways, Arthur, the best advice I ever got was from myself, and that was not to listen to Allan. And Hey! I'm doing great!

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Allan am I supposed to buffer every roll or no

EDIT: I think it's like Ontario>BC/Quebec>Alberta>Saskatchewan/Manitoba/rest of Canada
Aren't Bam Vwins (I'm assuming they're from Quebec) and Kage all better than Sion? Also are there even any smasher in Manitoba?

And I'll talk to people about that date, thanks.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
so am I supposed to not try and tech as fast as I can every time

I think you told me one time to not spam it, or was that c-stick I dunno
You can't mash tech. There's a window in which you can tech and if you miss it, you can't tech for a short while. Same goes for wall techs.

Buffered rolls are good for escaping jab resets. Buffered shield rolls would be good for escaping shield pressure (roll on first possible frame) as long as you don't do it predictably.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I'm starting to think Brad and Allan don't get along
Ya don't say lol

Anyways, I think I gotta listen to Allan for my mains cause of the experience and cause I don't play a character where you sorta just hit them and do well lol

But that's what my low tiers are for, best of both worlds FTW

VictorT do you still play at all, like at random people's smashfests and stuff
You should

Then again, does Ron and David still play at all either

as long as people still play once in a while at people's houses, it's good

as long as you don't pull a Ken

And I also gotta try that dash attack vs Marth, what do I do after it clanks
This game is awesome.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I play if anyone ever does a smashfest or something. I'm too much of an awkward penguin to play with only one other person ._.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i dont think sion has play east canada recently, but bam, unknown, and vwins are all legit.
also are there any ics in canada?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I play if anyone ever does a smashfest or something. I'm too much of an awkward penguin to play with only one other person ._.
Don't you know anyone well enough to do that though lol

I'm awkward too but I can play with one other person, you just don't talk

Although it's physically and mentally exhausting, especially against someone who plays like Allan

or just be like Carl/Paul and mutter "nice..." every once in a while

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i really h8 smash di'ing that upthrow upair repeatedly just to miss it eventually.
now that is exausting. also get at my pro awkwardness

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I think if you can play someone for a long time without talking, that person has to be really into melee too lol. Otherwise, I would think they get bored pretty quick? I dunno. I'm not very experienced in the social stuff :s.

And I don't know anyone well enough to do that. I didn't know anyone (or anyone that plays melee at all) prior to joining the scene.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think Brad and Allan don't get along
My only complaint against allan is he's a big jerk to me.

Other than that I just joke around and he is jealous of me.

whos the best melee player in alberta atm?
Me.

cause I don't play a character where you sorta just hit them and do well lol
Thats why you don't do well. You don't realize that EVERY character just sorta hits them to do well.

I think if you can play someone for a long time without talking, that person has to be really into melee too lol. Otherwise, I would think they get bored pretty quick? I dunno. I'm not very experienced in the social stuff :s.

And I don't know anyone well enough to do that. I didn't know anyone (or anyone that plays melee at all) prior to joining the scene.
Most people get mad at me cause I never shut up during matches, I just like... Can't be that focused on smash, I have to keep a conversation just to not start looking around.

Besides, smash 101, everyone (except allan) is actually so super nice it's not even funny. I've yet to meet a smasher who wasn't over-all a really interesting fun person who I'd be willing to be friends with. (Except Allan, he's a meanie)

ok and this time first random bracket will be final
Like it always is, right?

Oh wait, people complain about first round crap EVERY TIME.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone driving to/ from Allans? Unless I get a ride I don't think I'ma come. I'm at MRU until 4:30. Can't wait for saturday!

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Alright Tyson I sent you a message. If I don't make it out have fun guys. You'll need the practice to have any hope of beating me

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Preferably if I can pick you up at a station closest to 16 ave and 4 street. Then after I can drop you at a train station

:phone:

Taste

Smash Apprentice
lol I'd be down Davids funny.

Any kind of commentary is going to be hilarious, it's going to be fun getting that started.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
thatd be dope
seems like everyones going to the saturday tourney which sounds like hype and fun!!! but i wont be able to malke it sat T.T.
whos all going to the lanified tourney on sun???????

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
wait, you can't make it Paul?

****, I guess I'll have to go to make sure Allan doesn't win.

Is Simon gonna be there? Cause he could do it too.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
ya me and simon cant come this sat due to work (allan is also busy doing somthing so i dont think he can come either) i wannnnaaaa goo so bad too T.T but well all be at the sunday tournament !!
good luck too all on the saturday tourney!!! record if you can! with sick commentary thatd be dope

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
ya me and simon cant come this sat due to work (allan is also busy doing somthing so i dont think he can come either) i wannnnaaaa goo so bad too T.T but well all be at the sunday tournament !!
good luck too all on the saturday tourney!!! record if you can! with sick commentary thatd be dope
Holy ****

I might do well :-D

Levi's response to me telling him there's a tournament:
"Yeah I'm in Calgary"
"Message me"
"Oh wait I got a broken arm nvm"

And Brad will definitely disagree with me on this, but Paul is the only person I can play against for hours on end and never get sick of using only high tiers

Unlike Allan who ****s you up if you do something stupid

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Arthur, my complaint against paul has nothing to do with him.

It's merely the fact that he plays falco well.

Like, bad falcos, fun, anything else, fun. But like, as a person who plays kinda more for fun, as well as tries to play multiple characters, and etc etc. I literally CANNOT enjoy a serious match with him.

The only times I enjoy playing Paul are when I pick like peach and go mute city and I only beat him because I'm lolling around because the odds are so stacked against him it's not even funny.

tl;dr Paul is actually really cool and great etc. I just can't stand legit falco play, it is no fun when you're not also falco. (MAYBE fox. but my fox isn't legit, so it doesn't count. My fox is basically a marth)

edit: Arthur you should really look into the canada combo video that Victor made up, you might get a kick out of Allan getting rested out of a dash attack 5 times in one match.

doble edit: If someone gets the stuff to record, I'll totally help

BloodyIron

Smash Cadet
Just so you know guys, you can come before Sunday too, systems will be open for play, but don't tell anyone... wait a minute... >.>

Top Bottom