• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I've seen the match where he gets rested 5 times or something lol, Allan says he was a scrub back then

I've given him enough flak for it lol

But tbh I owe most of the non-autopilot things
to him

Daniel are you going to bring your recording setup
:phone:

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Yea I played with Tyson, he's a really nice guy. We all just played dubs yesterday. Shoutouts to Paul for choking last game in our first to 3 vs Simon and Tyson. I don't think I did that bad, but basically whoever I teamed with was fighting 2v1 while I buzzed around with Jiggs or Zelda poking *****es.

Without Paul, Allan or Simon, I don't think anyone is going to be able to stop me. I'm going to finish first in Brawl AND Melee and solidify my position as Calgary's God of Smash.

Guys, don't forget we could still use an extra gamecube or two for saturday. I'll also bring a mic if we need one, it's a studio mic so it's alright quality tho sometimes its a lil quiet. Can't wait for commentary.

ALSO ARTHUR YOU HAD BETTER HAVE LET COCHRANE KNOW SO THEY SHOW ON SATURDAY

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Yea I played with Tyson, he's a really nice guy. We all just played dubs yesterday. Shoutouts to Paul for choking last game in our first to 3 vs Simon and Tyson. I don't think I did that bad, but basically whoever I teamed with was fighting 2v1 while I buzzed around with Jiggs or Zelda poking *****es.

Without Paul, Allan or Simon, I don't think anyone is going to be able to stop me. I'm going to finish first in Brawl AND Melee and solidify my position as Calgary's God of Smash.

Guys, don't forget we could still use an extra gamecube or two for saturday. I'll also bring a mic if we need one, it's a studio mic so it's alright quality tho sometimes its a lil quiet. Can't wait for commentary.

I just texted Tom lol, him and Allan should play again

Then again Cochrane should play more with North-west people in general

There's a group of players from cochrane?
There's a group of hyper aggressive Falcons from Cochrane.

And one half Ganon and one half Falco.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Yes tell cochrane this time lmao.

WOW guys why you so modest with your predictions. You're all going to lose anyways xD..lol..actually realistically, I'll be top 5, Top 3 if I'm having a good day.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I'm going to take down the Brabdi

:phone:

And I hope Tom doesn't play like a ****** and does well

His triple knee on Paul was mad hype

Too bad he gets ***** so hard all the time

I think his thought process is like
**** spacing, once I get that side b to u smash it's all over

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
toms a good guy, but i would still wobble him
Bloody iron would like to get a save b4 the tourney, does anyone think they can go early and let him copy onto him memcard

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Good ole Tom with his DD-> Grab and Side-B spam. xD
btw he actually dropzoned me the other day off like a lengthly combo with like 5 d-throws

and he's gotten the sacred combo in teams

he also needs to shield grab more and not just run full speed with nairs and knees everywhere

Also make sure you guys have 2 mics so Ben and David can do dual commentary

I am going to murder Tom if he doesn't post on smashboards after this tournament

Taste

Smash Apprentice
The melee and brawl smash bros tournament is at the Escalus conference(which is i believe the conference room right next to our previous conference room) room at uofc this Saturday June 16th (23rd has been canceled). It runs from 10-7 (arrive early=better), we'll run doubles and free play first, and then get started on singles a lil later. 5$ door fee, 5$ entry per game into the prize pool. I'll try to bring some tasty beverages for us. We're going to record matches and hopefully provide commentary! See you there!

Call/ text me @ 403-402-4912 if you have questions/ need directions.

BTW a new melee player named Matt is coming. He was curious about us, asked how good we all were. Guess we'll meet him saturday.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
brad i figured out imma use falco and knock you out of brackets when we meet

me for #1
I look forward to this. I'm pretty rusty, so good luck. I actually want you to win this one.

Just so you know guys, you can come before Sunday too, systems will be open for play, but don't tell anyone... wait a minute... >.>
I approve this post.

I think we have enough time to do pools for melee....
That really depends, I'll try to show up early enough to help out with that. TBQH the thing with pools is, they're useless besides the fact that they elimiate bad players in massive tournaments. In small tournaments they're just a waste of time making sure everyone gets a serious match with 5 people.

Also smash on Friday plz?
Actually, 100% Legit, I will see if I can host tomorrow (friday) anyone who wants to come should send me a message since my parents are dumb and I'll see if it's worth it.

2v1 thing

God of smash

Gamecube saturday

that 2v1 is how i like my teammates, cause I play it as a 2v1. lol.

We'll see about god of smash, still down to team maybe since I'll be there for once?

I MIGHT be able to bring a gamecube, I'll see what I can do.

And yeah, Tom is awesome.

There's a group of players from cochrane?
Yes, they arn't very good, but they're really fun. They're like red deer.

WOW guys why you so modest with your predictions. You're all going to lose anyways xD..lol..actually realistically, I'll be top 5, Top 3 if I'm having a good day.
I like your modesty, but hey, without Paul Allan and Simon, it's anyones game.

I'll try to bring some tasty beverages for us. We're going to stream matches and provide commentary! See you there!
Hey, who's setting up this streaming thing? Any chance I could get in on it? Commentary/streamrecording on my channel? Since I've been setting up a pretty massive channel as of late. I can also help with whatever you need.

Oh and, need a hand with the tournament again? I'm totally in to help.

OH AND, sending you a text right meow to see if you're in for smash friday to practice. (which I never dooooo, rare opportunity)

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
long *** post, I know, but hey, at least read the parts that I responded to your own names people.

edit: Excited for matt. Abdi/anyone else if you have any troubles I'm bussing there and know how to get there too. (i mean, easy as hell)

Taste

Smash Apprentice
doubles doesn't even have to be for $ if u guys are scared lol. It's gotta happen tho.

Cant practice tomorrow I work 2 jobs all day like a boss. And of course if you want to help run things that'd be good. Brad.

Rush

Smash Apprentice

BTW a new melee player named Matt is coming. He was curious about us, asked how good we all were. Guess we'll meet him saturday.
Tell Matt that in his first serious melee experience that he's going to get ****ed in the *** BADLY. But without the top players it might not happen.

LOL jk most of us are pretty nice, albeit weird.. >.>

You could always refer to the little recordings we have from last tournament.

I might be down for smash tomorrow...if the travel isn't too inconvenient.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Send me the details as well for tommorow. Although I don't think I can come.

I did link Matt to the videos, he thought he wouldn't be able to beat paul's falco. He told me he'll only come if he can convince his friend. Hopefully he'll come.

jk most of us are pretty nice, albeit weird.. >.>

lol.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Send me the details as well for tommorow. Although I don't think I can come.

I did link Matt to the videos, he thought he wouldn't be able to beat paul's falco. He told me he'll only come if he can convince his friend. Hopefully he'll come.

lol.

=O That means he can beat everyone else but Paul! That's MUST be the only logical conclusion. Inb4 hidden boss.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Hey, that would mean he could win the tournament.

Friend or no friend, I hope he shows, I'll money match him too =P

edit: It's getting pretty late tonight bros, but whoevers interested in smash tomorrow let me know and I'll send you my address and instructions and stuff.

So far Arthur(if enough come), Abdi(maybe?) and Ben(if he can) are interested. Dunno what that means so don't just go and show up, keep in contact.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
in b4 ice climbers show matt this game is not for nubs.
shield-grab is #1 against scrubs= the wobbling
lol
im assuming wobbling is legal cause i still lose with it

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
wobbling is still not legal, but I mean, go ahead and use it on me. =3

edit: Anyone still interested in coming over to smash today?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ya ill be attending this tourney, but only for free play and doubles. i can help organize it, i never do singles so usually im helping out with brackets and yelling at people to play, like in previous tourneys i attended lol.

ya, i can team with you arthur, only cause its no money, and allan isnt going (i usually team with him) :p

also, dafuq door fee? uofc charges for room rentals or something? or is that just going towards drinks and whatever?

edit: oh man, ceo tourney stream this weekend, dunno if i want to go to smash anymore

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
wobbling is legal in most nationals and regionals, i dont see why that should be different here.
even with wobbling legal i dont think i will win.
also if ur banning wobbling how many tilts can i alternate stun for? if I reset the grab can i do more tilts? if im caught using more tilts than the limit what is my punishment?
"just dont use tilts while one of the climbers is headbutting"
what if i make a mistake? what is my penalty?
it is hard to define wobblingtherefore hard to ban
@alphicans i dont see jigglypuff being banned anywhere in the rules

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Although you're absolutely right, no amount of sound arguing will beat "but it's gay." Just the mentality of people unfortunately :/.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
also, dafuq door fee? uofc charges for room rentals or something? or is that just going towards drinks and whatever?
Basically the video game club has a stick up it's ***.

Although you're absolutely right, no amount of sound arguing will beat "but it's gay." Just the mentality of people unfortunately :/.
BUT BRAWL SUCKS GET OVER IT.

lol

About wobbling, go ahead if you really don't think it should be banned, but if you win a match purely because of it, you should rethink your strategy

Top Bottom