• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
you could give me ride? omg i cant wait to meet you
i will pm allan but i dont know if he will check his messages

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I play a whole lot. Falcon, fox, falco, ganon, marth, jiggs, sheik.

Can someone ask Allan about tomorrow. I'm driving back to Calgary atm.

And ya got a car and don't worry about gas

:phone:
You have alts?! I have only ever seen you play puff >_<.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Ohhh yeahhh I remember that. Was that back when you guys did that ceiling glitch warlock punch too?
that was me playing Ganondorf

Dan falcon kicked into, I think, Sid's shield and his falcon kicked stopped right at my warlock punch. Dan did one of those Roy counter rebounds. Flew off the stage and then straight down.

Was glorious.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
omg i am exited, practice with moe then practice at allan's.
soooo much better than fc nairs on a frozen bowser
@below can u make the 16th or 17th?
ur a cool guy too and i enjoy playing with you, especially in teams

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
hmmm perhaps... it is a maybe. it is my friends TV and i dunno,depends on tysons car i guess
should i bring any setups/discs/memcards?
also daniel you were warned u big *** *****

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Hey guys for the Animethon tournament I am going to be throwing out a $200.00 grand prize. however, since we are combinding Alberta Beat Down with Animethons tournament I really need a lot of help from who ever can lend a hand. Anyone who is interested please get ahold of me

You can get ahold of me via facebook, email at Edmontongamers@hotmail.com or msn w.e. just get ahold of me.

I also understand that we will have most of yo guys in japan so it might eb hard to get excited on here for those who wont be here. But hey we still gotta try

the video for the event is out as well

http://youtu.be/MvmG6_kjstg

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Daaang. I'da been down for this but I have plans. Someone needs to host something this weekend and I'll try to come out. I wanna play the new blood.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
whens the next tourney anyway
uhhhh.......

Hey guys for the Animethon tournament I am going to be throwing out a $200.00 grand prize. however, since we are combinding Alberta Beat Down with Animethons tournament I really need a lot of help from who ever can lend a hand. Anyone who is interested please get ahold of me

You can get ahold of me via facebook, email at Edmontongamers@hotmail.com or msn w.e. just get ahold of me.

I also understand that we will have most of yo guys in japan so it might eb hard to get excited on here for those who wont be here. But hey we still gotta try

the video for the event is out as well

http://youtu.be/MvmG6_kjstg

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Are you hosting for melee or Brawl? Since I saw you reference the Japan trip, I'd assume Brawl in which you should also post in the new RPS thread.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Is brawl a restricet subject to talk about in this thread? Never knew that but thanks I will redirect my comments about the event to its respected thread. However it should be noted some where in this thread that any talks of brawl are not to be done here. The name of the thread is simply "Alberta Thread"

Oh and BB is on the 360 =)

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Well I didn't say you shouldn't post here. I just said you should also post in the RPS thread since that's the main Edmonton brawl thread. The brawl in the AB thread is more along the lines of the Calgary people (which would be great for the scene if they travel down).

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Well I didn't say you shouldn't post here. I just said you should also post in the RPS thread since that's the main Edmonton brawl thread. The brawl in the AB thread is more along the lines of the Calgary people.
Alright, I never really knew that and I can only imagen that if someone new where to stubple across this thread, that they too would have the same sort of idea.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Hyped to meet new person
Were you not around last time Tyson was in town?

You have alts?! I have only ever seen you play puff >_<.
I don't think any of the original smash players who were around pre-2008 have "mains"

Like, we all just play everyone. Or at least all the good characters.

and no brad.
What would you do if I wanted to come?

Maybe I'll just TP your house

Daaang. I'da been down for this but I have plans. Someone needs to host something this weekend and I'll try to come out. I wanna play the new blood.
Tyson? New Blood? Man.

uhhhh.......
Shiro's here guess theres some fighter tournament with smash as a side event.

Well I didn't say you shouldn't post here.
It's ok, he really doesn't post here for anything but advertising his tournaments so I can see why he'd take it that way

edit: No Shiro, I don't mind you posting here either. I'm not some ****weed like Allan =3

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Lol no smash is one of the main games, the event is going down during animethon and has a $200.00, the convention is always a good place to gather new plaeyers to come into the current scene.

So I don't really come out to events but I do try to bring smash bros into any events to which i feel there will be allot of new blood coming out. As evident with animethons previous turn outs for tournaments, it is a safe bet that this year there will be a good number of fresh new people coming out to the event.

I reconize that I am not truly part of the scene because I am not an active player ='(

But i try to help out where i can. PLus the GF is focusing on playing sf more than ever so i dont even play th game with anyone =(

Tyson651

Smash Lord
im pretty old blood. lived in calgary for 8 months in 2010.

nontheless, i only play teams, so will be fun playing with new people.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
liar you're not busy, you just have a big *** *****. just kidding but can anyone bring a spare crt? i didnt think this many people were coming
hmmm perhaps... it is a maybe. it is my friends TV and i dunno,depends on tysons car i guess
should i bring any setups/discs/memcards?
also daniel you were warned u big *** *****
Wow F*CK you guys, your both gonno get gayed by me next time we play. xD

True story, if I'm told ahead of time I'll show xD

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
does he mean today or sunday?
also "gayed" hmmm
i am lacking the satisfaction from peach, i am considering switching back
any thoughts?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Tonight was fun gg's everyone

Clarke you seriously gotta focus more when you play lol, but like at the end bit when you kept saying what you should have done after I killed you that's good cause it means you're focused and improving, and you played a lot better then so I know you have it in you
If you aren't having a fun time with a character, by all means switch back, but make sure you get legit with a character you enjoy playing yourself
And if you ask me I think your IC's has a lot more potential judging by how you play, at least I find your IC's harder to fight than your Peach

Mo you're getting to the point where you need to stop going autopilot and start really thinking about specific things on how to get better in order to improve

Allan you're still crazy good but at least I took some games today, you made me realize right when I thought I had learned all the basics that there's still so much stuff to learn like buffering stuff and dash attack vs Marth and stuff
Playing you is like so exhausting cause everything needs to be on point, both technically and mentally

David I think I know how to play against Peach now lol, we had good games

Tyson you have like the slightest things that come from experience which makes you **** so hard in doubles
Like those precise pokes that make me drop my combo
super ****, I'm on the "Tyson is top tier" boat now

Next crew battle vs Edmonton let's gogogo

Note to Tyson: Ben ***** in teams
Note to Ben: Tyson ***** in teams

Rush

Smash Apprentice
does he mean today or sunday?
also "gayed" hmmm
i am lacking the satisfaction from peach, i am considering switching back
any thoughts?
I'm be really down with sunday late afternoon since I'm free. If someone would host that be awesome so I can make sure not to schedule anything else. I wanna see how good/bad I'm since last tourney since I haven't played anyone =\

....I find that Peach and ICs are both boring to me LOL. No reason you can't try both though. Although I have never seen Peach/ICs combo. Should try spacies.. everyone needs a pocket Fox.. EVERYONE.

Tonight was fun gg's everyone

Clarke you seriously gotta focus more when you play lol, but like at the end bit when you kept saying what you should have done after I killed you that's good cause it means you're focused and improving, and you played a lot better then so I know you have it in you
If you aren't having a fun time with a character, by all means switch back, but make sure you get legit with a character you enjoy playing yourself
And if you ask me I think your IC's has a lot more potential judging by how you play, at least I find your IC's harder to fight than your Peach

Mo you're getting to the point where you need to stop going autopilot and start really thinking about specific things on how to get better in order to improve

Allan you're still crazy good but at least I took some games today, you made me realize right when I thought I had learned all the basics that there's still so much stuff to learn like buffering stuff and dash attack vs Marth and stuff
Playing you is like so exhausting cause everything needs to be on point, both technically and mentally

David I think I know how to play against Peach now lol, we had good games

Tyson you have like the slightest things that come from experience which makes you **** so hard in doubles
Like those precise pokes that make me drop my combo
super ****, I'm on the "Tyson is top tier" boat now

Next crew battle vs Edmonton let's gogogo

Note to Tyson: Ben ***** in teams
Note to Ben: Tyson ***** in teams
Ben pretty much ***** in general ^.^. We should have a calgary crew battle, like East vs West, North vs South, or Spacies vs Non-Spaces, whichever is the fairest I guess. Actually spacies vs non-spacies would be really fun and pretty fair I think.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
SO. Tournament this next saturday June the 16th at the Escalus room @ UofC. I work at Mount Royal now so I'm going to start advertising for it there. So we get better attendance this time I'm going to confirm ppl attending ahead of time. Anyone who cant show is a *** ****** **** *** ***** ******

So let me know you're coming, and what you can bring.
1.) Ben = Wii brawl/melee
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

Also, someone should step it up and host a smashfest this sunday. Sounds like friday was fun.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
if anyone wants to make to the trip to my house i can host tomm. yesterday was awesome, not everyday i get to meet a nice guy AND learn something new
confirm me for melee and GC/disc/memcard
i could host pretty casually tommorow so people can come and go as they please as long as you let me know ur coming.
also i would travel tommorow to smash
i have only played peach a bit but i just dont get the satisfaction from trying less to win
ics is such a battle and when i get off i get off hard
also i play fox occasionally but immediatly switch back when i sideb off the stage
i was playing fox vs moe's pika yesterday and i went for a waveshine off the stage into shine spike= the ragequit

Rush

Smash Apprentice
if anyone wants to make to the trip to my house i can host tomm. yesterday was awesome, not everyday i get to meet a nice guy AND learn something new
confirm me for melee and GC/disc/memcard
i could host pretty casually tommorow so people can come and go as they please as long as you let me know ur coming.
also i would travel tommorow to smash
i have only played peach a bit but i just dont get the satisfaction from trying less to win
ics is such a battle and when i get off i get off hard
also i play fox occasionally but immediatly switch back when i sideb off the stage
i was playing fox vs moe's pika yesterday and i went for a waveshine off the stage into shine spike= the ragequit
Tight I'll show up at some time, probably give a text to inform you of my arrival. Fox is such a satisfying character. LOL I wanna actually play his pika.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i actually dont have a cell phone atm, as i lost mine.
if you tell me the approximate time that would be good enough
i will say that 12:00pm is the earliest and leave when u want
also my brother may come in with the melee h8, he calles it failee lol

Top Bottom