• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
Dangit, 5Pm. Hope i can make it...

I live somewhat far away, so would be like.

Transit for 1 1/2 hour there.

Play for 1 1/2 hour.

Transit back....

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild

I live somewhat far away, so would be like.

Transit for 1 1/2 hour there.

Play for 1 1/2 hour.

Transit back....
Just SOMEWHAT far away.

Transit sucks; a trip that takes around 15 minutes by car will take around 50 minutes with transit unless you do not transfer at all.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I put some on my laptop today. But I've just been really busy with stuff so don't expect them for a while =p

jarrett's samus is pretty sexy in teams. Besides the random times where he plays it like a FFA. ahahah <3 Still, so tight.

T-block

B2B TST
not trying to start anything, but i'm genuinely curious

what is the support for random first stage other than "that's how we've always done it" and "stage striking is for brawl"?

T-block

B2B TST
^i can't tell if that post is in favour of or against stage striking

is it really so impossible to believe that two players can be close enough in skill that the stage can make the difference? so jiggs vs fox there are no two players close enough that three matches on YI would have a different outcome from three matches on dreamland?

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
i'm not against it or for it, really

jiggs vs fox is one of the reasons why people tried bringing stage striking to melee btw, cause they believe it's quite a big difference between a stage like yoshi's and a stage like dream land

Tyson651

Smash Lord
except with the old ruleset, u each ban a stage before doing random.

that means in a fox vs jiggs, YS and dreamland are gone for sure, and it'll be a random between battlefield, FD, FoD, and pokemon

and tyler's post was talking about the old ruleset.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
yeah but then people were whining that they had to waste their ban on a stage that needed it more (ie: brinstar) when the first match should be "equal" anyway

lucky i don't think many people pull brinstar in alberta lol

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
On stage striking:
  1. Just another rule that I have to learn, and play by.
  2. It was introduced by people that don't even play my game.
  3. Even in the old rules, I would rarely ever bother with banning a stage in tournament sets, its just too much of a hassle for something I really couldn't care less about.
  4. With random being eliminated there is a very small chance (depending on which stage and what characters) for ever playing on a stage you just plain like with no real "strategical advantage."
  5. There is no need to get rid of or add another stage to the neutral list. I'm actually very surprised that after having the same neutral list for so long people just jumped right to the conclusion that it should be changed.

On the other hand, I do realize that stage striking is a significantly more fair standard of match starting, however I don't play this game the same way I used to; like how a lot of you guys do. I don't play to get on pr's or place high in tourneys, winning isn't a very big deal. I play because I had such a good time growing up with
(some of)
you guys just ****in around playing video games all day. I play this game for the good times with old friends and for nostalgia's sake.

I'm not going to argue it, or really brush up on it any further than this. Its why I won't adopt your rules.

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
I'm teaming with Jarrett sorry. Even though he missiles me like 7 times in a match :(

Who else is going to the red deer tourney? I need a ride :]

Dr. Ike

Smash Cadet
naw man, i'm already best ike

you don't even know
Wait, Jack?

Just to mention, I'm one of the people DumberChild mentioned is going. And yes I am here to confirm that. I am 90% sure that I'll be able to go. And I'll probably look like a ****ing idiot getting driven there by my parents >.< But are we supposed to bring food or something to last us the day?
Hello and Welcome to.

if I might go, I might go with you

ppig you have the scrubbiest ruleset (lol random stages).

just sayin
You're an idiot. Just sayin'

<3

not trying to start anything, but i'm genuinely curious

what is the support for random first stage other than "that's how we've always done it" and "stage striking is for brawl"?
Stage striking is less fun and less hardcore.

is it really so impossible to believe that two players can be close enough in skill that the stage can make the difference? so jiggs vs fox there are no two players close enough that three matches on YI would have a different outcome from three matches on dreamland?
Dude do you realize how many times I've played those three matches and gotten random *** results? Come on the biggest thing about melee that puts it above every other game is the fact that you can influence ****, if he up throws you (jiggs) you have the choice to DI which direction you want, it's not street fighter bro, set combo's arn't entirely existant.

Basically yeah what he said, I personally don't think stage striking is good, but his points are valid. Main reason I don't think it's good is just because it limits variety and can sometimes screw over people who only play one character, especially if that person doesn't play a higher tier.

david were still teaming right?

i'm not going to this red deer tournament but for the next monthly
Speaking of which, anyone wanna team for red deer?

T-block

B2B TST
lol did you even read my post? there's more to stage selection in fox vs jiggs than u-throw u-air ._. are you saying ceiling height doesn't matter in that matchup because you can DI the u-throw?

Stevo

Smash Champion
if the red deer tournament was on the 30th I probably could have made it cause I'm going to a wedding on the 31st in the area.

I would be fine with stage striking if you picked characters after the stage.
It would change almost nothing to do the double blind pick after the stage striking (as far as time taken to start a match)

Dr. Ike

Smash Cadet
lol did you even read my post? there's more to stage selection in fox vs jiggs than u-throw u-air ._. are you saying ceiling height doesn't matter in that matchup because you can DI the u-throw?
Did you even read mine? I said the stages basically mean **** all anyways. I was saying the thing thats so good about melee is the fact that everything is so adaptable, thats why I'm against stage striking, because it doesn't promote variety and adaptability.

I would be fine with stage striking if you picked characters after the stage.
It would change almost nothing to do the double blind pick after the stage striking (as far as time taken to start a match)
Dude knowing their character before is how it's done and it's silly still.

Top Bottom