• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Stevo

Smash Champion
Mango made a few mistakes where he over extended himself and should have been more careful, but I'm not sure that means he should have just played "gay" in those instances.

He might have just chose the wrong plan of attack at that point.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Pink shinobi ***** characters with similar speeds as peach there.

In the genesis thread there was a tiny bit of debate over whether or not kongo jungle should be banned because fox and falcon can time out so many characters in such a 1-dimensional way on that stage. Armada didn't play fox the entire time during the tournament I don't think, and I haven't seen any videos of his fox since the last genesis, meaning he probably isn't too serious about using him.

If you look at y.link vs puff, it's pretty simple/1 dimensional. The only thing he's doing different than me is not making mistakes. I always accidentally air dodge or hookshot because I suck at the game, but I know how to play the match-up. Not everything in melee is that complex :/.

Stevo

Smash Champion
if hungrybox wasn't such a 1 trick pony he could have tried another character......

I'm sure there are plenty of characters that have favourable matchups against younglink....

It was simple for Armada because Hbox let it be that way for him.

Besides, everybody knows Jiggs is a brawl character stuck in melee :awesome::awesome:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well yeah, if hungrybox went fox (I've seen him use fox before in tournament), it would've been a free win for him. I am saying that in that match-up the way to play is really straightforward.

Stevo

Smash Champion
yea, fair enough

or should I say...... Dair enough???

I would not be sad if younglink was found to be 90:10 vs jiggs and jiggs was never played again
ouside of doubles

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol, well if you play it so perfectly like Armada it almost seems like it. He always knows when boomerang is unsafe :/. I usually do too, but by the time it registers in my head I am already using it and punished hard cause of it.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I'm not calling melee "super complex" but whenever people go "all you have to do is ____" or "the right thing to do is ____" it's a real piss off because it's such a scrub thing to say. You ALWAYS have options in melee: character, stage, DI, playstyle, you name it so I'm not gonna let you reduce it to such a cointoss of a game

like brawl
jk brawls not that bad it's just broken

KillLock

Smash Lord
Actually Luke's logic doesn't work in Brawl either. Considering I play aggro and he's been losing to me lololollll

*alberta beef*

also aggro falco vs pikachu is hilarious

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's not that my logic is off, it's that you guys aren't getting it!!!!!

I am not saying one thing is going to magically make you win, but rather if you incorporate a very specific thing into your gameplay it'll help you out in certain match-ups. Mango vs Armada I feel is a really good example. Mango definitely could've won with how he was playing, no doubt about that. The set was close, the matches were all close and it was hype, but when he's playing without using like any lasers, I say to myself, "hey, if he mixed it up by camping and forcing an approach instead of ALWAYS rushing him down, mango could've done himself a lot of favours."

That's all I am getting at.

Y.link vs jiggs though, IS one of those "play exactly like this and you'll probably win if you don't **** up."

Yo Jack, my MK is gonna shuttle loop multiple new holes in your ****** marth body.

*More Alberta Beef*

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I am not saying one thing is going to magically make you win, but rather if you incorporate a very specific thing into your gameplay it'll help you out in certain match-ups. Mango vs Armada I feel is a really good example. Mango definitely could've won with how he was playing, no doubt about that. The set was close, the matches were all close and it was hype, but when he's playing without using like any lasers, I say to myself, "hey, if he mixed it up by camping and forcing an approach instead of ALWAYS rushing him down, mango could've done himself a lot of favours."

That's all I am getting at.
Absolutely. But this is a far cry from what you were talking about a few posts back with "free wins" for hungrybox's fox and mango not playing "the right way". Drunk Carl is glad you changed your tune.

Y.link vs jiggs though, IS one of those "play exactly like this and you'll probably win if you don't **** up."
And so was jiggs vs fox or peach until armada pulled out the young link. Do you see what I'm getting at about options?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If hungry box has the counterpick advantage it still is a free win. Y.link can't beat a good fox :/. I have no faith in that match-up sadly.

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
I found the chairs having sex more offensive than the giraffes tbh. You see the chairs were obviously forced to go on top of each other which is illegal in many places, whereas the giraffes was something that I could find on the discovery channel anyway

Top Bottom