• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
hey so uh is there goingto be a thread made for the animethon tournament or na?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Hey man, I admit that sometimes brawl singles can be really boring (MK planking/running away is the worst), but brawl doubles is really entertaining.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
and for good reason too brandon

luke, lol, I wanted to win :)
I know. I wouldn't call you out on it if it weren't for the fact you came over to brawl GF's and asked why we were watching it, and the fact that you're quitting brawl because it's boring and that you have to play gay....

Luckily 64 can be exciting if you play it more aggressive, and you can still do well. Brawl can be really aggressive too, and look flashy/entertaining, but then you can't really win ever lol. It's pretty clear that if you wanna play the game and have the best chance at winning, playing really campy is the best way to go.

KillLock

Smash Lord
On that same token though, watching those matches Dan is basically telling me "This is the peak of 64's metagame". Not a good image to put on a game that is known for its aggressive play. When watching Melee it was hella boring watching HBawwwks going for timeouts and spamming bair, air planking at it's finest.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If fox is played the right way, his style is extremely campy too. Mango shoulda just camped vs armada, but prefers to go super aggro.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
On that same token though, watching those matches Dan is basically telling me "This is the peak of 64's metagame". Not a good image to put on a game that is known for its aggressive play. When watching Melee it was hella boring watching HBawwwks going for timeouts and spamming bair, air planking at it's finest.
lol. All I was trying to do on Hyrule was trying to prove it was broken(and winning).

And for the 9 minute Dreamland match...I don't even really, I was a scared pika vs jiggly(campy derp).

Alphicans

Smash Hero
"the right way"

I guess mango got second place by playing the wrong way...
Mango is just a consistently technical beast + he's just straight up better than everyone. Mango could've done everything he did vs Armada and camped like a *****. If you pay attention to the matches you'll see that Armada wins because he punishes little mistakes by basically 0-deathing them... It's insane. Camping and being that technical would not put him in those positions.

Plus Mango could've CP'd kongo jungle at any point and won by simply platform camping and shooting lasers. Peach is way too slow to do much about it. Mango just doesn't like to play "gay."

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Plus Mango could've CP'd kongo jungle at any point and won by simply platform camping and shooting lasers. Peach is way too slow to do much about it. Mango just doesn't like to play "gay."
did you not see how badly pink shinobi wrecks people there with peach? not to mention he could switch to fox at any time. You're making the game way more one dimensional than it is; nothing is broken in melee [except wobbling imo]

Maybe it's just cause mew2king did so well by playing conservative a few years ago that so many people think that's the only way to play melee. Being aggressive pays off and always has no matter how many excuses are made or how much melee gets compared to brawl.

Obviously playing defensive has benefits too but when someone tries to say one way of playing is 'better' there's a problem.

Top Bottom