• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

T-block

B2B TST
Reposting:

T-block said:
Hey guys,

I want to do a Genesis headcount just to get a sense of who's going so we can start discussion and planning, because I'm not going to let this trip fall through. Just so everyone knows, I intend to go even if nobody else from AB goes.

Please reply (PM, post in thread, MSN, VM, w/e - just let me know somehow) which of the following describes your situation most accurately:

1. I intend to go, and will unless extreme circumstances prevent me from doing so.
2. I am strongly considering going, but I have not decided for sure yet.
3. I do not intend to go at the moment, but I may decide to later.
4. I am not going.

Make sure that if you answer 2, you really mean strongly considering. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks guys
Just in case anyone missed it. So far, only Sraigux has expressed any real interest.

Results so far:

1 - Diminisht, Superboom, Lime, Kuraudo, T-block
2 - Arsenal, Fiji, Chaos
3 - KillLock

Tyson651

Smash Lord
4 for me.

dont feel like spending money will be worth it for smash, and i have an expired passport.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i wish i had money for a 3ds. looks amazing, and i want paper mario so bad

4 for me

I WISH CARL WENT. Someone from alberta who makes bracket hahah XD

t3h Icy

Smash Master
He'd have made at least 9th (since he 2-0'd Scar in Pools, he could have done it again), but he lost to Lambchops and ended up 33rd. You could have been a legend man!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah i know. i cried when he lost to lambchops.

carl should have practiced more with daltsy

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I'm really skeptical of this dedede z-axis stuff.

I'm pretty sure melee/64 don't have a z-axis, I'm surprised that brawl does. Doesn't that stuff just mean his 2-d character hurtbox is a bit different than it looks?
in 64, DK's taunt goes out of the regular 2D playing field, so most of the time fox's lasers will miss him when it should hit him regularly lol.

EDIT: This sums it up pretty good: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12424146&postcount=203

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Thanks Carl.

3DS is mindblowing btw... anyone else here get one?
nope because the idiots at nintendo thought it would be a good idea to release a 5th gen pokemon game on the 6 year old DS instead of the 3DS which came out 3 weeks later. that and i'm not sure if they've made an r4 for the 3ds yet lolol

also not sure if falcon's side B is the z-axis or y-axis but it's pretty gay when it happens

yeah i know. i cried when he lost to lambchops.

carl should have practiced more with daltsy
carl beat lambchops in crews, brew

T-block

B2B TST
yeah i'm a little disappointed with that too. i'd like to think the game started development before the 3ds was ready for game dev to start, so they had to stick with ds, but whatever. apparently the same exploit that made the r4ds work also works on 3ds, so i bet we'll see something soon.

it doesn't matter what you call the axis lol... they move into the screen during their side-b, no?

sorry stevo... i will put you down as a conditional three =p

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
How much is the 3DS anyway? Last time I heard, everybody was bashing on it cause of its extremely low battery life or something =/ does the 3D actually work legit without having to view it at one precise angle?

And z-axis means they move into the screen, y-axis just means they go low enough to avoid the laser. I remember reading something like lasering low enough makes the side B not work through a laser, so it's either the animation drops him low enough through a normal/high laser or some lower portion of his body doesn't stick out into the z-axis like the upper half of his body does. not sure

T-block

B2B TST
Interesting... I'm pretty sure I've heard that it's z-axis. Someone confirm?

3DS is $250. Battery life seems all right...I think it's around five hours at decent brightness and max 3D. You basically have to look at it head on, but when you do, it looks amazing. Feels like I can reach into my screen and pick up Chun-Li x.x

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
so amazed by the 3ds though holy

why didn't they wait for its release and release a pokemon game in 3d

i might get one sometime in the summer

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
does the 3D actually work legit without having to view it at one precise angle?
I think it's around a ~15 degree viewing angle

Just in case anyone missed it. So far, only Sraigux has expressed any real interest.
By real interest I mean as cheap as possible. If we can find either budget flights or drive I would be downs. Also, maybe stay in a hostel?

Idea: Drive and have smashbros set up in the backseat. 27 hours of smash

/Bruce Goldstein

i wish i had money for a 3ds. looks amazing, and i want paper mario so bad
Spend 250$ on a 3d peripheral to play a game based on a 2 dimensional character.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
i don't need to find reasons, the only one is $250

i don't see how it's worth it at ALL right now, and i bought a ds the week it came out and a 360 at launch so i'm not cheap

p.s. riley when you say 15 degrees do you mean +/- 15 degrees or +/- 7.5 degrees

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
p.s. riley when you say 15 degrees do you mean +/- 15 degrees or +/- 7.5 degrees
I'm pretty sure is was around +\- 15. Can't remember for sure, but its around there. I heard its pretty finicky. Just go test one out at bestbuy and see what you think.

I know I'm not getting one for sure. But that's just me.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
The consoles are getting a patch for Continuum Shift II. LOL I wouldn't if I were you. XD
Release date for patch? It better not be DLC. It also better be not like next month or something since I just bought Makoto (and during finals!) ;-;

I tend to practice a game more when it's readily available and near me. Less of a hassle for me to go out to the main TV and turn on the ps3 and then BB. Which is why I guess I still play melty everyday since I can just boot it up on my comp immediately. :D (Though I'm sad I have to play MBAC since I can't run the PS2 emu anymore -_-)

Top Bottom