• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Victor Is Coming To Ravage All (VICTRA) 1.

VICTRA OSHI

Someone make a banner.

TOURNAMENT INFORMATION

WHEN & WHERE?

Saturday August 2 @ 12:30 pm

10808 18 ave NW, Edmonton Alberta Canada. Since this is at my somewhat-but-not-really-spacious house, I'm putting a cap of 16 entrants. I don't even know if we'll get that many. I'll feel horrible if someone shows up after 16 entrants, so enforcement will be shaky. Just try to keep it at 16.

EVENTS:
Melee singles $2
Melee doubles $4/team

Why entry fees? So there can be a prize. I don't intend this to be a super serious event anyhow. If that were the case, I'd have a larger venue rented out or something. This is still a tourney though, so... yeah, entry fees. Also, Victor gets $0.50 off for both entry fees.
Bring setups. They won't get you a Victor discount, but I will love and admire you from ages unto ages if you do. And you want that.

THE SCHEDULE
Saturday, August 2/08

Doubles Registration/Friendlies 12:30pm
Doubles 1:00pm-3:00pm
Singles Registration/Friendlies 3:30pm
Doubles 4:00pm-Finish.

Mad friendlies afterwards. Everyone should have at least one set with everyone else. If there's a shoutout thread, I don't want a thread that's all "omg ur kewl but we nevah really playd eachother." None of those shenanigans.

Crew battle perhaps?

The full bracket will be available for participant view at all times. Please make good use of this and check often to see your position and upcoming matches. Make sure you report your matches as well.

IMPORTANT - As a reference point, there will likely be a 15-20 min delay between your matches, and will be shorter as you progress in the tournament. This can also be reduced significantly with a good number of setups. PLEASE BRING TVs/Wiis/Cubes. I have a single Wii and 3 TVs that can be used, but that just won't do for something like this. Bring setups nao.

THE RULES

ALLOWED/RANDOM STAGES:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi’s story
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams (except for Doubles)

COUNTERPICKS:
Brinstar
Corneria
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Kongo Jungle
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City (except for Doubles)
Poke Floats
Rainbow Cruise

BANNED:
Everything else.

FORMAT:
-Pools for seeding purposes (singles only), then double elimination bracket.
-4 Stock.
-No items.
-8 Minute time limit.
-Matches are best of 3 games, except for winners bracket final, losers bracket final, and grand finals which are best of 5.
-First game is on random stage, unless players come to a consensus within the allowed stages.
-Double blind pick may be called by either player/team during any first game of any set (a third party will be told each competitor's character selection) to avoid counter-picking
-Advanced slob picks
-Dave's stupid rule. Daves stupid rule does not apply in best of 5 situations during the winners finals, losers finals, and championship match.
-Pausing other than in the event of an emergency or by accident (at opponent's discretion) will result in a loss for that particular game.

Doubles rules same as above, as well as:
-Team attack ON
-SHARE STOCK allowed

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! I don't have very many, and they're not the greatest controllers. If you can't bring one (or forget), then borrow someone else's.

PRIZES

All event prizes will be distributed as follows:

First place - 60% of pot
Second place - 30% of pot
Third place - 10% of pot

Say we get 16 participants for singles.

$31.50 pot
1st - $18.90 prize
2nd - $9.45 prize
3rd - $3.15 prize

See you there.

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol optimal space.

GOOD PARKING!

Also, silly luke, you're not gonna do that.

We all know victors gonna get wrecked by the best person there, cause he has bad luck.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Blame the fact that edmonton has too many, I've considered heavily hosting a tournament during this summer for calgary, I even had the money. But the thing is, theres no way we'd get enough people to make it worth what I'd have to do, and theres only two real people who have houses to host tournaments here, Randall is dead and Levi doesn't really play anything but just for fun anymore.

But hey, Levi asked for your phone # or msn, I dunno if you gave it to him, but he could set something up.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
O Shi indeed. That is sweet. I will definately be attending.

Do you need setups for tomorrow (you still have my cube...)?

turtlecake

Smash Journeyman
Blame the fact that edmonton has too many, I've considered heavily hosting a tournament during this summer for calgary, I even had the money. But the thing is, theres no way we'd get enough people to make it worth what I'd have to do, and theres only two real people who have houses to host tournaments here, Randall is dead and Levi doesn't really play anything but just for fun anymore.

But hey, Levi asked for your phone # or msn, I dunno if you gave it to him, but he could set something up.

I gave him both.

still nothing.

I got more smashing done in winnipeg

:/

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Yes, VICTRA is Melee-only. I figured this would be alright, since Frag will be Brawl-only.

Too many tournaments?? No such thing. I'd attend a Calgary tournament, if only for the fact that Calgary tournaments tend to... well, not exist (excluding AME). Also, Edmonton has had two major tournaments this year. ADAT2(?) will likely be the third and final huge tournament in Edmonton this year. I guess there was the UofA tourney but that was kind of random, and surprisingly and unexpectedly huge. This one I'm hosting is more of a fun social event than anything, and the Frag one will be catering to a niche audience.

Levi5

Smash Ace
Sorry turtlecake, I dissappeared awhile. Are you available during the weekdays? I need to get some sort of get together going.
It's Sho's birthday tomorrow
except I work that day =[. I'll check my schedule and post more details.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Well I mean, wasn't Mike hosting something too maybe? (and Frag and all that etc etc etc)

I just mean theres no real good times for me, because anywhere within three weeks of another tends to cause people to choose between them rather than go to both.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
I was going to, but that is not true anymore. If you wanna host something plan ahead for winter break/spring break/a long weekend. Doesn't have to be in the summer.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
HOLY **** SID. I love you so much. SO MUCH.

I guess I can bring my gamecube etc to this. No big deal. Sid, you live near Kingsway right? Is this close for me to walk? If not, someone gimme a ride >=]

Also Luke, I can't wait to play you. Good luck and get wrecked. MM MM MM

Brad, can you make it to this? I wanna play you :/

[Edit] Also, I'll try to get a 2 day CAST4 event sometime this fall, since it's been like a year since CAST3 and CAST3 sucked cause I wasn't there.

kithkin

Smash Champion
CAST3 sucked for a lot of reasons.

2 day? well you better time it **** well then, aswell as provide housing =3

I doubt I can make it, especially with a player cap, because I have to talk to my parents and it's already a miracle I made it to CT4.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
GGs to all that were at Sid's (Colin, Superboom, Solaris, Spindash, Matrix). Melee is too strong.This was a good warmup for 2 weeks from now. I'm going to bed now.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yea sorry Victor, It's a no go for me, but I think we know that was just to try and scare me >.>. No truth to that acronym.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yea sorry Victor, It's a no go for me, but I think we know that was just to try and scare me >.>. No truth to that acronym.
You're not coming? D; I thought it was pretty funny. :p

Sid, is your house close to Kingsway Mall?

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
No. I moved back to my parents, so it's on the south side. It's only a two bus trip though. I'd be able to pick you up, but then we'd have to start later as I work that morning.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
It seems I accidentally killed this thread...

To revive: I may be able to host a smash sunday. Who is interested (ps. need setups, all I have is 1 tv)?

Also, Victor, who did that sig? It is awesome.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Since im sure you guys all agree that my opinion is the most righter, here is my....
Revised ssbm tier list!

Fox
Falco
Marth
Sheik
Peach

High
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Samus

Mid
Dr. Mario
Mario
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Link

Low
Roy
Pikachu
Young Link
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Bowser

Bottom
Ness
Kirby
Mewtwo
Pichu

who agrees with this tier list?

Im still debating if sheik and peach should move down to high tier, cause they do about as well as the captain.

and thats right, I took bowser off bottom tier WOOT

Top Bottom