• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

rtsvicta

Smash Rookie
Calgary isn't all that bad. Once you're activly involved in the scene I think you will find the experience quite remarkable. To me it seemed like brad was quite uncaring and cocky about the tourny playing character's he wasn't specialized in like where he played pichu against the sheik, but then again I can't say I know much about the particular fellow.

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
man im loving all these new members right now

david i hope you'll come to calgary with us again. I wanna team with you!
Hell yeah ill go to Calgary... I need to **** up Paul. :)

Hahah we'd make a good team.

Edit: When does Winter term start?

mach5

Smash Journeyman
guys i recovered from the flu. anyway...

DATE TBA DUE TO CONFLICT WITH EXAMS LOLOL

5 dollar tournys yo. (10 dollars for singles and doubles)
payout 60/30/10

location my house (Calgary)

my email xrevolution2@hotmail.com

i dont wanna record dumb crap. only wanna record quartre finals+ and maybe good matches that i r tink is good or MM.

small tourny i dont want more then 20 people.

ask me questions or if you wanna smash earlier.

ps grats to paul on taking all those 12 year olds money

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Calgary isn't all that bad. Once you're activly involved in the scene I think you will find the experience quite remarkable. To me it seemed like brad was quite uncaring and cocky about the tourny playing character's he wasn't specialized in like where he played pichu against the sheik, but then again I can't say I know much about the particular fellow.
dont worry victa brads just like that
Hell yeah ill go to Calgary... I need to **** up Paul. :)

Hahah we'd make a good team.

Edit: When does Winter term start?
not sure. pretty early next year though so this trip might be during one of the later days of our break

edit: subzeroooooo the herooooo

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
i saw sleak playing some ganon and sleak looks like a noob, and he got first place? wtf i bet i could beat him, calgary is disapointing T.T
i swear to god this isn't me trolling. Sly are you one of those guys Eric recruited? sup supi've never heard of you. how long you been playin? I live in lethbridge most of the time

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Also, Bread. What is your sig of?
I've said it a million times. /userprofile>postlisting

Icare because victor ain't doing **** about it >:[
Do you really think that anyone can mod me? HA

EDIT: There are some AMAZING N64 players. Ben (Snakeplayer) is still undefeated in Brawl.

I went even with his snake with DK. One upair would've killed him, I only even played him once lol.

oops double post
Good job.

Hey guys, .
add my msn (kithsune@gmail.com) we'll get you in on smash.

i now know who to use against you and sid
er- lol no.

Not gonna lie..

I'm pretty jealous of Calgary's Melee Community.
What community?

I should have beaten Ben.
I agree, although he didn't use his snake against you did he?

Sweet. Do you guys always play Smash in Escalus or is it in The Hive? Cause the room looks really small on the map.
The room IS really small. it's one melee setup and crammed full of idiots playing halo and LoL

Atleast 50- 70 in all.
God you're way off, it was 40. At most.

The Hive.

Kevin, win against Ben plz. He's never lost a Brawl game. Ever.
I doubt this fully, even down to set. I could've beat him with warmup and a little luck.

I did win against him. Just not a set. Lemme play brawl for more than 20 minutes and I might be able to help you. That was seriously the first time I had played in like a year >_>
High five for entering brawl cause it's cheaper to enter all three!

"Random Sheik" LOL was that my Sheik? Or was there another one there?
Sure it was you!

64 players? ****
Basically free Dan money, they wern't awful, but you would've cleaned house obvs. I got third almost 2nd. They grab so much and I kept F'ing my Z cancels.

So they had a profit margin of over $500? Assuming 60 people went and only entered 1 event, that $1200, subtract the $435 for payouts is $765. Wow, they're so cheap...
Dude, arn't you asian? This isn't how math works.

You pay $20 to get in one event, each subsequent event is $5. to a total of 30 maximum.

Then to be fair they split the full money three ways (I think they took $20 for pop or something) and paid out each tournament equally (whcih is stupid considering 64 had 1/3 the amount of players)

I am so coming to Calgary if they have another one of those. Lots of attendance + all 3 games.
haahahahahahahahaha

im so jealous
of what?

i think they might host anther tournament with doubles cause last night we barely had enough time to do singles
They probably won't host for a couple months and their next plan is LoL 5v5 and 3v3 tournaments.

lol! Yeah man XD Sub Zero is my hero
I'd like to say to you, that you sir, are an idiot.

I will be at the next tourney i main peach and i am from the U of L i hope calgary is as good as they say they are
Hi Sly. Add me on msn (kithsune@gmail.com) (p.s anyone who doesn't add me basically doesn't exist in my book, due to the fact that a good amount of people don't)

So many new people in the Calgary area :(.
lol

Shoulda used sheik!!!!!

Get ***** more Brad.
Sheik is for ******s, like you. (and me in match 2 I think?)

Yeah I'm working on it, I almost didn't get ***** that last stock, but I pulled through for *****.

i saw sleak playing some ganon and sleak looks like a noob, and he got first place? wtf i bet i could beat him, calgary is disapointing T.T
Congrats to you, you think you're good. Although Paul was playing stupidly technical and easy to read/beat he is actually very good, usually better than he was that day, I'll MM you whenever you do come about, again add me on msn.

Turning down my MM means you are ****ens.

To me it seemed like brad was quite uncaring and cocky about the tourny playing character's he wasn't specialized in like where he played pichu against the sheik, but then again I can't say I know much about the particular fellow.
Usually I'm better IRL, but after working for 12 hours straight, bussing 1 hour to get there, and bleeding from my hands for an hour before playing ANY matchings and consistantly bleeding the entire night, I really wasn't in a good mood. I just felt like ****ing around.

HOWEVER, lately I just play a lot of characters, I've beaten Allan with pichu before, so don't think because I'm playing stupid characters that I'm just being an ***, I just play smash brothers to have fun, and lately all my good characters just arn't, I can't find myself playing seriously anymore so I play fun characters and slowly they're getting ok.

Playing seriously is only good in MM's really. and even then it's a lot of effort to get hyped nowadays, I know everyone's play level too well to care about the results.

guys i recovered from the flu. anyway...
lol, I'll come if I can, btw I work every day ever.

Although I might have the 23rd off but I dunno if that means I can come.

Why isn't his name FireExpl0sion_king?

HE PLAYS ROY
Bradplosion_Red. I dunno why my name isn't <

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Second post for good fervor.

Also because most of you will read this before reading the above, the above has good content, at least look for your name or someone you care about's name and read that sections.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
you guys are hilarious

one minute you're saying calgary has no community, and the next minute you want to go there because there's no hosting here?

host a tournament already. the only reason it hasn't happened is because everybody decides not to host because they're relying on somebody else to host, and **** doesn't end up happening. it's not hard to talk to shiro or white mike and get something going that you don't even have to host

p.s. victor i've seen the same post from you like 3 times, i don't know if i'm experiencing deja vu or reading over the same pages accidentally or what

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Usually I'm better IRL, but after working for 12 hours straight, bussing 1 hour to get there, and bleeding from my hands for an hour before playing ANY matchings and consistantly bleeding the entire night, I really wasn't in a good mood. I just felt like ****ing around.

HOWEVER, lately I just play a lot of characters, I've beaten Allan with pichu before, so don't think because I'm playing stupid characters that I'm just being an ***, I just play smash brothers to have fun, and lately all my good characters just arn't, I can't find myself playing seriously anymore so I play fun characters and slowly they're getting ok.

Playing seriously is only good in MM's really. and even then it's a lot of effort to get hyped nowadays, I know everyone's play level too well to care about the results.
Hahah it's kool, the Pichu beat my Sheik anyways. :cool:

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
you guys are hilarious

one minute you're saying calgary has no community, and the next minute you want to go there because there's no hosting here?

host a tournament already. the only reason it hasn't happened is because everybody decides not to host because they're relying on somebody else to host, and **** doesn't end up happening. it's not hard to talk to shiro or white mike and get something going that you don't even have to host

p.s. victor i've seen the same post from you like 3 times, i don't know if i'm experiencing deja vu or reading over the same pages accidentally or what
I'd host melee anyime

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
I've said it a million times. /userprofile>postlisting

Dude, arn't you asian? This isn't how math works.

You pay $20 to get in one event, each subsequent event is $5. to a total of 30 maximum.

Then to be fair they split the full money three ways (I think they took $20 for pop or something) and paid out each tournament equally (whcih is stupid considering 64 had 1/3 the amount of players)
They paid out $75 for 1st, $45 for 2nd, $25 for 3rd, and then no other placements were paid.
So together, the payout for 1 event is 25 + 45 + 75 = $145.
Then, since all three events were paid out equally, you can triple that number to get the total amount of money paid out. 3(145) = $435
There is absolutely no debate on the amount of money they lost due to payouts, unless the payout values I used were incorrect or they paid more than just 1st, 2nd and 3rd place (I obtained these values from Arthur, so I would hope they're correct).

The total money they made from entry is impossible to determine without counting, so I improvised this value a little.
I used Arthur's estimate of 60-70 total entrants, and bumped it down to 60 so that I could get the absolute minimum amount of entrants and the minimum amount of money they'd make through entrance fees.
Then, I assumed that every one of those 60 people entered only 1 tournament, hence $20 per person. 20(60) = $1200.
Now comes the part where I have to explain stuff rather than just crunch numbers.
First of all, when Arthur stated there were 60-70 people, he meant the people there, not the total of amount of people entered into tournaments. Therefore, we wouldn't have people who entered 2 tournaments be counted twice. If each person entered more than one tournament, they would spend more than $20, equating to more money generated by the club.
Therefore, I am actually calculating the least amount of money the club made from entrance fees from the numbers given.

The profit made is generalized (does not take into account a bunch of things like venue fees if they apply), but I simply subtracted payouts from entrance fee profit. 1200 - 435 = $765.

Due to the fact that I used improvised values and did not take into account some other factors (ie, drink money costing $20), I simply stated that they made over $500. This value is $265 less than the calculated value to allow for error within my calculations.

Granted, the numbers I've used assume 60 entrants, and Brad's estimate is 40 people tops, which means the club does not make nearly as much money. Also, my numbers assume everyone there entered a tournament and didn't just sit around and play friendlies.

If you see anything wrong with my logic, feel free to point it out.
Also free free to ignore this post because it reads like a math portfolio.

Top Bottom