• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Holy crap, north side again =|

What happened to Apoc? And is there a bus that goes from the LRT station near there to your house?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
LOL...

BTW who here mains Falco? I'm having difficulty doing a foward d-air into a backwards waveshine... I always turn around in the reflector.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, I just got ***** my sleak in Starcraft.

EDIT2:

You guys are all gunna pick up Project M, right? Then we can all play online XD
Provided the button delay isn't as bad as I last tried.

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
LOL...

BTW who here mains Falco? I'm having difficulty doing a foward d-air into a backwards waveshine... I always turn around in the reflector.
break it down into parts, start by getting your spacing up to par on the down air... then practice your reverse waveshines. then mix it all together. once you get good enough at breaking things down you'll be able to just do whatever you think up on the spot. coolbeans.

Oh yeah, I just got ***** my sleak in Starcraft.
lol

You guys are all gunna pick up Project M, right? Then we can all play online XD
Provided the button delay isn't as bad as I last tried.
Is that the brawl mod that makes it suck less? I'm not really gonna bother with it, brawl isn't really worth trying to save in my eyes. How would you pick up project M? Don't you have to mod your wii / brawl data to play it? How do you play a modded game on nintendo servers w/o your serial number getting b&

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
break it down into parts, start by getting your spacing up to par on the down air... then practice your reverse waveshines. then mix it all together. once you get good enough at breaking things down you'll be able to just do whatever you think up on the spot. coolbeans.

lol

Is that the brawl mod that makes it suck less? I'm not really gonna bother with it, brawl isn't really worth trying to save in my eyes. How would you pick up project M? Don't you have to mod your wii / brawl data to play it? How do you play a modded game on nintendo servers w/o your serial number getting b&

I can reverse waveshine, I can space it properly too, I can also do it without anything there. I just can't do that ONE thing when something IS there ... I'll post a video soon.

Lol dude, they got like the exact character data ported to brawl, and it's looking pretty **** good. And you just install the Homebrew Channel to play it. Nintendo doesn't care much about these things, cause currently I'm playing a burned CoD: MW, Mario Kart Wii, CoD: WaW, MoH: H2, and Timesplitters: Future Perfect all online. Except for the last one, since it's for the GC

EDIT: Oh and I tried djphanna's n-airs per challenge with Fox. I got 99, which is borderline mediocre :-\
I can do more with Falco lol

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Tech skill definitely helps, but it's not the only important thing. Otherwise Silent Wolf and Lovage would win every tournament.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Tech skill definitely helps, but it's not the only important thing. Otherwise Silent Wolf and Lovage would win every tournament.
Yeah, true. Try for consistency, if anything.

Also, who the **** goes mass mutas?! Was playing a 3v3 and one of their players when mass mutalisks... I was teched into ghosts and it was too late to tech into thors... lame. Too many to snipe.

But yeah, it's ridiculous how badly thors **** mutalisks.

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
hitting an opponent with a shine adds lag to the jumpcancel. checkit

just a little example use the bars as a timeline (not to scale for anything)
Shine hitlag
|----------|
your "jc"
|---------|
because your not actually jc'ing at this point the distance you would get from waveshining is actually just you turning around
|------------|

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Yeah, true. Try for consistency, if anything.

Also, who the **** goes mass mutas?! Was playing a 3v3 and one of their players when mass mutalisks... I was teched into ghosts and it was too late to tech into thors... lame. Too many to snipe.

But yeah, it's ridiculous how badly thors **** mutalisks.
i mass mutas lol.

my last 3v3 game i massed battlecruisers rofl. twas fun

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
i also main falco, i can def teach you the falco ways, might just host a smashfest or toruney thing somtime near the end of August , what would be a good date for most calgary dudes?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
there's nothing really to teach about falco.

all u need is tech and falco is 90% there of being the ideal falco.

Stevo

Smash Champion
jiggly down-b is too good
they should remove it and make all her other B moves annoying as hell and un-punishable and then give her young link's sword for the next smash game. Maybe make her run faster too so she doesnt have to always be in the air.

oh wait......

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Lol mass mutas are awesome if you micro and find an opening... sAviOr ftw! Oh and also if you stack them, but I dunno if the larvae trick works in SC2

Yo someone is totally gunna find out a way to kill Hbox. It'll be something stupidly easy like spamming Marth F-smashes or something.

Why don't people go Marth against Jiggs more often? If you played him well, wouldn't it be hard as hell for Jiggs to punish?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
harder for jiggs to punish, but harder for marth to kill.

but if u spam fsmash, hbox will roll/wd out of shield to rest u anyway.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
link me levi I forgot :(

@ruhtraeel
Marth vs Puff is a weird one because Marth can't edgeguard her AT ALL and a lot of marth players can't handle that. Marth is also pretty easy for puff to edgeguard, so pretty much all the off edge game is in puffs favour. Marth also has a hard time killing puff normally. Uptilt, upair only kill above 100% or so and there are no setups besides forward b. fsmash is really risky because of the rest, but good marths like ken can actually get leads on puffs with correct fsmashes.

It's really frustrating for a puff if you properly space and just keep knocking her away. Whenever I play marth vs puff the matches tend to be 4 minutes or more.

Sometimes I think fox is a better puff counter because of the mobility, throw setups and quick kills but every puff's fav matchup is fox/falco so they usually have way too much confidence going into the match.

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
the vid i made is long deleted carl, but it was like probably a couple months before i "invented" thunders combo lol...

Stevo

Smash Champion
lol good luck fighting/recovering with doc

you talking cape-> fsmash?
yea I meant using the cape
I was just saying Doc has a similar Rest punish like fox (laser/ up smash)
and Im pretty sure Doc always needs good luck for recovering lol.
down-throw double jump fair does kinda work on jiggs as a kill.

as for fighting a jiggs with Doc, well, I dunno how to fight a jiggs anyway.

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
I use Jiggs to counter Falco! Fox vs falco makes me so angry :(

Jiggs is so fun to play

Top Bottom