• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i was expecting something funny, not sad. :/

but ok, ill team with u victor.

maiko isnt going?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I owe Sid a first place finish too, so I won't team with anyone else if Sid is attending.

I wonder if Zelda can beat jigglypuffs....
not if a manly falcon is behind that jiggs :D

also, what June 5th tourney? (too lazy to search)
u didnt get an email? i got one from edmontongamers lol

and apparently i cant copy paste the email, so its stony plain road something lol

sid teams with stevo

i team with tyson.

sounds good imo <3
ill team with the super cute girl

owait

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
so what do i do late game as terran D:

i'd like to know tvt tvp and tvz even though i haven't played tvz
If your having a hard time with late game than kill them before it gets to that stage. In TvZ i like to go for a fast thor with medivac and drop him where ever i want. I' not sure if thats standard or not but thats what i do.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
he starts work in june 15th, but tourney is june 5th, hes going to be in calgary before the 5th?

T-block

B2B TST
or you could be super gosu and drop 3 mules on your thor in their base xP

i'm probably gonna head down this weekend to look for housing. even if i don't and stay in edmonton, i've got enough crap to do that i could use the extra time.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
Thor drops are pretty overrated. Great if you can catch them, but if they're at all ready then you're useless
Yah this is true. But the best part about the build is that you have 1 barracks, 1 factory, and 1 starport. So you can tech switch into anything to counter the other player or to throw them off guard.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
hey just a reminder for everyone, the tournament on Saturday is at apoc instead of hi-tech. n need to run this in a shady area that's insainly hard to find lololol

for those that don't know the address here it is 10185 107 Street. Just like the last tournament i do need some setups as i dont even own a wii anymore. i will how ever have 4 tv's for use

Lex Jewthor

Smash Apprentice
Luke tanks arn't nearly as good as they used to be.

Still not bad but frankly I rarely see them, especially since theres so many powerhouse units like THOR IS HERE
The ****?

Tanks still are the ****.

i'd like to know tvt tvp and tvz even though i haven't played tvz
TvT: Tanks, Vikings. If your vikings > his also throw in Battlecruisers, but ONLY if you're winning the viking fight.

TvP: Tanks, ghosts, Banshees, Marines.

TvZ: Thor, Tanks, Tanks, Marauders, Hellions, Vikings, etc.

See a common theme?

Tanks.

They blow **** up.

Unless your opponent masses air then you want Vikings. Ghosts for TvP mass air and Thors > Zerg air.

Limeee

Smash Champion
jesus, massing thors and vikings seems like a lot of resources
couple questions:
how many scv's should i have? ( i usually have about 10 on minerals and 1/2 refinerys with two scvs on each)
should i get two starports for vikings
when should i expand (what to look for)?

Limeee

Smash Champion
new patch,
Viking
Ground damage decreased from 14 to 12.

is that a big deal?
i'm going on right now so i'm gonna try out this viking shiz

Stevo

Smash Champion
you want about 3 scvs per mineral and vespene. Thats a little overkill on the minerals, but then you have some for building stuff.

so like.... 30 scvs? you will need more if you expand a lot

T-block

B2B TST
24 on minerals, 6 on gas is saturated for any command center... you want to keep making SCVs until you reach this point at least.

viking nerf is not a big deal imo... can't see how it would be. buffs to zerg make me sad lol...i hate fighting zerg

Lex Jewthor

Smash Apprentice
jesus, massing thors and vikings seems like a lot of resources
couple questions:
how many scv's should i have? ( i usually have about 10 on minerals and 1/2 refinerys with two scvs on each)
should i get two starports for vikings
when should i expand (what to look for)?
1. Never, ever stop making SCV's. You want 3 for each refinery, not 2. Waaay mroe than 10 on minerals.

like, 26 - 28 per base.

2. Generally, if it's Terran vs Terran (The match where Vikings matter) I get one starport with a reactor first, then add on after I expand a tech lab starport for Ravens or vikings. Otehr matchups I go Techlab starport first.)

3. Expand when you have excess minerals. most armies are gas heavy so you'll end up with excess minerals. This is when you plop down a Command center and expand. Aside from your natural, it's also good to expand when you push. Expand hte way you are pushing.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
holy ****ing starcraft... is smash reallying dying in alberta? i heaard the turn outs for brawl were going down quite a bit. what happened? =/

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
A couple posts back where I said Alex and I beat brawl. I meant we beat it with a golf club, its in a zillion pieces lol. I don't have time for smash but I'm calgary anyways so nobody really cares

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I'm a melee only player so I think you know my opinion on why brawl attendance is down.

Because its a bad game competitively
This

A couple posts back where I said Alex and I beat brawl. I meant we beat it with a golf club, its in a zillion pieces lol. I don't have time for smash but I'm calgary anyways so nobody really cares
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jStYo2vcnJI
is attendance really going down? what's going on?
It all started with you.

You still owe me a MM ;)

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I don't see why it is going down. could it be that people feel like their losing money so they don't want to play in tournaments? Or do they jsut assume they wont get any better so why bother?

Even for melee it seems like it is lower than i recall. didn't melee have atleast 100 players? I remember carl telling me something like that.

I want to see if there sin't anything we can do to try and gain more players back up in this scene.

i dont think having big starter pots would really effect the mentality of players who are currently not coming.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i never noticed the smash scene dropping tbh haha.

melee scene seems pretty good...i'm not so sure about there being 100 players lol. That seems like a lot. I think all of alberta has like half that.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been around the competitive smash scene a long time, but 100 seems like a lot! The most I saw was 50 or so from ADAT2, but some were probably out of the city.

Also, I've hopefully got Declan into competitive melee and I'm working on getting Omar back in. So that's ~2 new guys. I am working on more. So far I have 1 more person interested.

Top Bottom