• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
Dang... Calgary isn't that dead... Went to some UoC tourney thing... and beside the rules being really gay..., there were some decent people. ( Some ICs that couldn't grab for **** won singles...), and even though i couldn't join singles cause the organizer dude was like fail, it was pretty fun.

People there seem to know what they were talking about, and even though it was like 3 stocks 5 mins... and No TA on for teams... which meant some teams played so gay...

Friendlies were the highlights, some people were actually quite good :)

Regular Hitler

Smash Cadet
yes. it was 4 person ffa "singles" or doubles with items on. you could only enter one or the other.

Alex and I wrote these rules for official calgary brawl tourneys. this part is a lie

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Dang... Calgary isn't that dead... Went to some UoC tourney thing... and beside the rules being really gay..., there were some decent people. ( Some ICs that couldn't grab for **** won singles...), and even though i couldn't join singles cause the organizer dude was like fail, it was pretty fun.

People there seem to know what they were talking about, and even though it was like 3 stocks 5 mins... and No TA on for teams... which meant some teams played so gay...

Friendlies were the highlights, some people were actually quite good :)
Colin has some friends in Calgary that play Brawl, but he pretty much ***** them. Though, I bet there's a quiet group somewhere in there that's totally awesome.

Needs moar Melee though.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm finally back from the carribean, what'd I miss?

Check out these cool pictures I found on the boat!

edit: Funny story, I managed to get infracted while I was away for 12 days, without internet access and not a post was made from my account =]

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
@Hitler, it was 1vs1... they changed the rules when we got there. The doubles had no items, and some people took part in both tourneys... And grabbing someone letting go and letting your partner grab them is a glitch T.T

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
so, apparently i'm gonna be spending reading week in calgary with my auntie. I'll let you guys know more about when later.

She lives near chinatown so I dunno if thats near anyone else.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
when are u going to get here? cause actually starting the 17th till 21st ill be in edmonton. LOL which is the end part of reading week.

chinatown is central, u're half way between paul and i, and probably a bit farther away than levi.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
so, apparently i'm gonna be spending reading week in calgary with my auntie. I'll let you guys know more about when later.

She lives near chinatown so I dunno if thats near anyone else.
=O Maybe we'll get to play Melee before the Brawl tournament then.

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
xD, i know it isn't a glitch, me and my partner were doing that and the organizer was like " Hey, no spamming grabs" so i just u-tilt him =D gotta love snake.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Sorry Calgary, but due to sorting the trip and stuff, I might not get to play Melee with you guys. =/

BankaiPwn

Smash Cadet
Victor, I'll be going home for reading week xD. Chinatown is only a couple blocks from the c-train station (depending on where) which can pretty much take you to any direction of the city (I live a 5 minute drive from crowfoot, which you can train to).

I think I'ma be heading back to calgary on either sunday or monday, so... when're you going to be there?

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I had a crazy glitch on hyrule temple. I was showing my friend why it was banned (mainly the bottom part) so I was teching walls and ceilings and whatnot and when I reached somewhere around 320% and he fsmashed me with mario, I hit that funny brick thing in the middle of the level and couldn't walk. When I jumped my character was pulled back really fast over the brick thing and almost went off the level.

Is this normal?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The brick thing was getting in the way of your movement, but you were still moving (flying or w.e), so when you jumped the remaining momentum you had propelled you across the stage. Sometimes this happens in matches when you get super clutch techs on platforms, and you'll still be pushed back because of how high your damage is.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Victor, I'll be going home for reading week xD. Chinatown is only a couple blocks from the c-train station (depending on where) which can pretty much take you to any direction of the city (I live a 5 minute drive from crowfoot, which you can train to).

I think I'ma be heading back to calgary on either sunday or monday, so... when're you going to be there?
Not sure. Probably after chinese new year. ^^

Also, lol Bowser is a lion.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
wtf why is everyone going to calgary the same time when im visiting edmonton.

edit: im still interested in the smashfest. but who else is going

and paul, give me ur number

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
so far, i think i just got danny and me , everyone else like brad ,kevin, and abdi hasnt really responded , and allan and simon will come if alot of ppl come T.T -403 650 8569

i think i got brad and victa coming :D

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
poo on abdi, levi, kevin, and danny who didnt come.

everyone else, it was fun.
what didn't I come to?

doubt i can make it, special date
lololololonotvalentines

looool.

hey brad, smashfest at paul's this saturday.

u going?
Assurably

Anyone still interested in a smash fest in Calgary Saturday 13th?
I am I am!

so far, i think i just got danny and me , everyone else like brad ,kevin, and abdi hasnt really responded , and allan and simon will come if alot of ppl come T.T -403 650 8569
I want to come for sure, and I will unless something comes up, frankly I don't even know when I work next. But I'll probs be there

Top Bottom