• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Back from hawaii! And to answer your question on the imbalance of 3v3, then answer is units. In 1v1 there is a finite amount of units one race can produce, which is 200 supply worth. In 3v3 there is 600 supply worth. Once you take this into consideration, I think it becomes pretty clear that terran would have a clear advantage if the team was 3 terrans. Not only are mass tanks a huge problem for every other race, but as Slayers_Boxer says, terran marines are probably the best unit in the game. They are to good; cheap, easy to get, strong in numbers, can attack both air and ground, good range, good mobility, economically friendly. I really don't think any other team combination other than another team of 3 terrans could beat 3 terrans, unless they seriously out skill the team.

Levi5

Smash Ace
Rend 4 questions:
School?
Grade?
Melee or Brawl?
Division of the city?

Edit: Gonna read over the last couple hundred posts in the next while. Randall; I saw you saying you wanted that picture down off the first page, and I'll get on that as soon as I get off work.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
2 zergs 1 terran could beat 3 terrans

3 terrans asks for at least one of them to get ***** either way, and probably 2 depending on where the people are located.

edit: and before u start getting arrogant and all blah blah blah, i just want to let u kno i just want to have a discussion, not a flaming war like brad vs tyler

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Why would 1 terran get ***** auto? Hunters is a pretty big map, and even if you do scout soon enough for a 4-6 pool rush, it's a huge gamble. Terran will have 1 rine out, and lets say 10-12 scvs. Thats enough for like 8 lings, plus another marine coming in from support from ur teammate. The best a zerg rush will do is severely weaken 1 player, but at the same time weaken your whole team. plus you can always wall in, and have the zerglings come in a line so the rush is super ineffective. Then of course there is the late scout scenario, when u scout so late, that the other team finds outs what you are doing and gets a bunker. 1 bunker, 1 rine, 10 scv = no rush for you. There are so many ways to beat it. I agree that 2 zergs 1 terran would stand a good chance, but rushing would not be the answer, especially vs skilled players, not saying skilled players don't get killed by rushes, just saying they are way to risky to rely on. If you were gonna do 2 zergs 1 terran, you'd probably want terran 2 bunker rush with both zergs ovie pooling, and then into some safe tech, while the terran catches up.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Randall's *Poetry* Journal. Not Randall's *SC tactical thoughts* Journal.

on *Smash*boards. Not *Starcraft*boards.

lawl. 2v2 is ok but 3v3 is just lame. Teams in SC < singles in SC.

Does Randall play SC?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
not 4-6 pool lol

no one does that

its called 9 pool, and its not hard to take out a terran with 2 zergs with 9 pool, they cant handle 12 zerglings rush with a bunker and 1 marine, and even so, it prevents any of the 3 terrans to go mech, so ur terran can go mech, and im sure u kno mech >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bio by far. that goes into easy lock for our terran with vults and mines then later to tanks, then after the rush the two zergs can go 1 lurks and other mutas or something cause terran takes a while to build up to meds and to get stim.

lurks will lock more along with the mech, and mutas can take out enemy tanks and be an annoying ***** flying around killing things everywhere.

then this causes the terrans to make turrets, and/or split forces, then the 2z 1t team can expand after or during the lock.

i usually take out terrans by myself in 3v3 hunters (keep in mind this is random 3v3 hunter games with KOREANS), so with 2 zergs, its pretty easy to take at least one out.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Why would 1 terran get ***** auto? Hunters is a pretty big map, and even if you do scout soon enough for a 4-6 pool rush, it's a huge gamble. Terran will have 1 rine out, and lets say 10-12 scvs. Thats enough for like 8 lings, plus another marine coming in from support from ur teammate. The best a zerg rush will do is severely weaken 1 player, but at the same time weaken your whole team. plus you can always wall in, and have the zerglings come in a line so the rush is super ineffective. Then of course there is the late scout scenario, when u scout so late, that the other team finds outs what you are doing and gets a bunker. 1 bunker, 1 rine, 10 scv = no rush for you. There are so many ways to beat it. I agree that 2 zergs 1 terran would stand a good chance, but rushing would not be the answer, especially vs skilled players, not saying skilled players don't get killed by rushes, just saying they are way to risky to rely on. If you were gonna do 2 zergs 1 terran, you'd probably want terran 2 bunker rush with both zergs ovie pooling, and then into some safe tech, while the terran catches up.
We should play sometime. I'm a bit rusty, though. Everyone should come on and do an 8 player FFA. However, due to SC's ****ty b.net it might be a prob.

But yeah, I think Terran's the best. But 3 terrans in a 3v3 is not the best team.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Alright, alright, so i did a quick little test, and due to the pressure of uncertainty I think I've come to the conclusion that in a m/u where 1 team is all terran vs a team with 2+ zerg, 2 out of the 3 terrans, will have to do the 8 rax build. This build isn't that weak in economy, it's solid, and very well known. It gets up 3 rines before the 12 lings arrive, so a bunker would be absolutely necessary. I admit this is a lot more game breaking that i would've thought at first, actually a hell of a lot more. It is a possibility that with the dbl 9 pool rush, it even outs the two teams onto a nearly even playing field. But when 1 team is forced 2 rush, it does take the safeness and security away from that team, so my position stands; 3 terrans is still a more effective/efficient team.

Halcyon: when entering theorycraft, one must not just state something, especially if the topic is already under debate. Present any case you have that disproves this, and we can talk.

kithkin

Smash Champion
2 zergs 1 terran could beat 3 terrans

3 terrans asks for at least one of them to get ***** either way, and probably 2 depending on where the people are located.

edit: and before u start getting arrogant and all blah blah blah, i just want to let u kno i just want to have a discussion, not a flaming war like brad vs tyler
You're an asian.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ya but with a 3 terran team, u dont have to care about ur safeness and security even after a rush with 2 zergs cause terrans cant do jack until a while into the game, it feels that zergs will control what terrans will do while the zerg's terran will take advantage of it.

8 barracks is ok, but u would assume all 3 would do 8 barracks? lol

its gonna be hard for them when vults are out fast by then with mines.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
This thread is dumb now.

Anyways, i'm leaving for school pretty soon. That being said, for the next few months, i'll only have the time to past 1-2 times a day instead of the usual 10+.

ManitoBrawl

Smash Rookie
Ok, I'm here at the persistance of two rather forceful people. Now, is there anyone in here from the WestMan area?

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
This thread needs more Brawl rep.

So I've got a rental contract here for my venue, and it states $80 for a full day. Now I just need to find out exactly what they call a "full day". I'd think something like 11am-9pm would be enough time for a two-event tourney?

If all goes well, I think I'll host it in either October or December(because CAST4 is in Nov). The venue is just a few blocks away from where ADAT was, so if you went there you'll be able to get to this one easily enough.

Top Bottom