• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALASKA Smash Thread

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Im dying of smash withdrawl.
Call or text at 242 3647
ur dong it wrong. when u want people to smash, you dont ask them to contact you you contact them and COMMAND them to smash.

It would be easier to have bigger smashfests if we used the boards more often. Like there were a year ago.
dude, we just had like a 10 person smashfest at eans the other day, plus smashgiving and smashmas is coming up.

Also, people are a lot busier than they were back then. or at least I am.
johns, i work more hours than you do, with more classes, with other activities going on.

Long time no see.
Yeah, I've been missing last year and all the fun stuff we did as a group.
Caleb is right about everyone being busier---I work two shifts per day at my job so all I really have free is a few hrs each evening, and sometimes weekends. But please feel free to text me if something is going on and I'll definitely show up if I can. :] One of my Pokemon friends told me about the UAA tournament but I had to work during that time so I couldn't go.. lame.

I definitely want to attend Smashgiving & Smashmas~
see my response to caleb

http://www.armadillow.com/products.php
^^^^^^
****ING THIS IS AMAZING, CUZ EVENTUALLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, ALL CHICKS TURN INTO A ****IN THERMONUCLEAR FURNACE WHOSE POWER RIVALS TO THAT OF ****IN ANDROMEDA AND IF YOU DONT HAVE THIS, YOU HAVE NO ESCAPE. FOREVER AWAKE

i used it at a chicks house the other day, and im like... every man should have one in his car....

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem stats for all the characters. This applies to real life stuff not just smash. This list was rendered by me and mattS

Mike - Blunt Master

HP - 60/60
STR - 16/20
SKILL - 14/20
SPD - 12/20
LUCK - 20/20
DEF - 18/20
RESILIENCE - 20/20

Matt - Math Wizard

HP - 60/60
MAGIC - 16/20
SKILL - 20/20
SPD - 14/20
LUCK - 8/20
DEF - 18/20
RESILIENCE - 20/20

Caleb -

HP - 40/60
STR - 8/20
SKILL - 12/20
SPD - 20/20
LUCK - 18/20
DEF - 10/20
RESILIENCE - 16/20

Kira - Smash Princess

STR - 4/20
SKILL - 4/20
SPD - 4/20
LUCK - 12/20
DEF - 2/20
RESILIENCE - 0/20

Adrian - Token Black Guy

STR - 12/20
SKILL - 14/20
SPD - 20/20
LUCK - 18/20
DEF - 10/20
RESILIENCE - 18/20

Ean -

STR - 18/20
SKILL - 15/20
SPD - 20/20
LUCK - 16/20
DEF - 15/20
RESILIENCE - 20/20

Matt+

STR
SKILL
SPD
LUCK
DEF
RESILIENCE

Jason

STR
SKILL
SPD
LUCK
DEF
RESILIENCE

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
doesnt take away from the fact that other activities are time consuming just as smash does, and on that scale, every activity is the same, therefore what matters is the number of activities you do.

Mario_128

Smash Cadet
Brawl tournament in the Den on Thursday from 2-4, don't rly expect anyone here to go since you all play Melee but I just thought I'd post it cause it's been a while since any tournaments have come up. That and I don't hide tournaments. :3
You should change your location now that its almost a year since you were in AKJCC.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
COPY PASTA FROM FACEBOOK, I DID NOT WRITE THIS

HOW TO PERFORM A KIRA JOKE

Step 1 - Think of a really really cheesy pun using an object in the room, topic of discussion, or a word someone said as a point of reference. Said pun doesnt need to be relevent to the subject, or even make sense.

Step 2 - This is the hard part, actually say the pun out loud, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear with a lot of emphasis and volume put into pun word.

Step 3 - Immediately laugh at your own joke as if it were the funniest and most clever thing in the whole world... nvm, this may actually be the hardest step...

Step 4 - Look around the room and hope that everyone else found it as funny as you have. One of two things will happen. 1. People did find it funny and are chuckling softly. 2. People didnt find it funny and are now staring at you with questionable looks.

Step 5 - If you got reaction #1, continue chuckling softly with the group, and go back to playing smash. If you got reaction #2, sink into your seat, get ur gameboy out and pretend to play it seriously until the moment is over.

Here are some examples of Kira Jokes

"Hay, an Nissan ARMADA, i bet you its quite PEACHY to drive!"

There you go, now you know everything there is to know about performing kira jokes. Go out, and have fun!

Tripcode Mel

Smash Cadet
I just want you guys to know, when the bombs drop, you can all come hide out at my place in Wasilla.

Also, Fang has learned the wonders of Secret Santa and thinks we should all do it. I agree.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Because real people totally look like idealized fanart drawn for the purpose of giving nerds something to fap to, amirite?
see, that would be such a legitimate response if it werent for these website that prove otherwise

http://slobsofgaming.blogfaction.co...11-most-scorching-hot-female-cosplayers-ever/

http://hubpages.com/hub/15-female-cosplayers-that-mix-hot-with-awesome

oh and cant forget this chick

im not dissin on how you look, im completementing them on how hot THEY look. >.>

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
OK.

Today. Everything went better than expected.
I am in the living room of my new apartment.
Watching cable tv.
And on internet.
High speed. Effing. Internet.

This just happened.
Mike is in my kitchen eating breakfast.
Mel is in the kitchen watching the tv while leaning on the bar.

This is happening.

This...is the start of something amazing.

Ladies and gentlemen.
The apartment that smash rented.

I love you guys.

Oscar1243

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm new in Alaska n wanted to get info the SSBB game scene here. I've been on and off my game for a couple months now but I'm rdy to get back into the game. Hit me up if y'all have any tourneys or play. I'm always down to practice n learn.

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
Alright everybody.
Apparently when Mike says to do something.
We should all do it.
No questions.

If he has a plan.
Just go with it.
Troll Face or not.
Mike knows best.

Even if we all have our own opinions, or plans of our own-
or things are happening that might get in the way, or impede on what he has going on;
just shut up and do as you're told.

Just do it.

DO IT.

O_O

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
Gosh. La Dudelana looks sick. It's freeware huh?

...........yes. Yes it is.

Arrrrr so many sick and sour random indie games. When will I be able to get around to them all?

I haven't even really tried Dude Fortress yet. Way too mind-boggling. Geeze. Ah, well. Maybe when I hit the afterlife. Won't be too long, now.

Xanskar

Smash Lord
Arthur, try I Wanna Be The Guy
I have a feeling you would be able to play through that game somewhat easily.
Spelunky is pretty cool. Any more games you know of like this? Other than La Mulana.

ohgodx

Smash Apprentice
Oscar1243

hit me up at 242 3647

Ill give you a good lesson.

Also.

What is Mango's favorite cereal?

Jiggly Puffs.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
By the way on La Mulana you have to buy the cartridge thing that costs 10 gold in order to save. To save you put that in your computer thing (press f3) and talk to the village elder.

Xanskar

Smash Lord
I haven't tried La Mulana yet, and I like spelunky a lot. Although the having to go through it again every time you die (no save) is kinda annoying. Gotta live with it I guess.

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
Dude that's like the signature of Rougelikes lolz. Die all the time, every day, all day.

Lol I HAVE tried I Wanna be the Dude.

I hate that game. So ridiculous AND absurd.

Probably my favorite part of Spelunky has GOT to be ticking off the shopkeeper.

Never gets old.

Xanskar

Smash Lord
Matt, if you wouldn't mind, do you think I could use your steam account and try out Super Meat Boy? I kinda want to get it but I don't know how I'll like it.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Sure, but it's still kinda buggy right now on my computer, although I think it's fixed for most people.
I'll change my password and give it to you later once I'm home, I'm at UAA right now.

And Arthur Spelunky isn't a rougelike you foolish fool.

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
Yes it is the wiki sez so.

It's just a platormer rougie.

As far as I know, from what I've read, rouglikes have three main characteristics.

1. Random level generation

2. Easy and frequent death.

3. No way to save. Something like that.

OH WELL.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Roguelikes are played top down, so they don't have platforming in them. Calling it a platfomer roguelike is like calling something a first person RTS. At some point it crosses the boundary of the genre.

On a side note you can save in roguelikes, it's just that saving usually makes you quit, and the file is erased when you resume the game so you can't load and do stuff over.

Anyways, it doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Is there any way to get health back in Spelunky?

Xanskar

Smash Lord
If you save a girl, she'll kiss you after the game and that gives you one heart. Same with when there's a random shop with a girl in it, that'll give you a heart. Other than that, I haven't found a way.

Top Bottom