• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALASKA Smash Thread

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
facebook, phone calls, text messages, msn. smashboards is obsolete. also, learn to answer your phone. also, come over to my house today around 5-9, me and demon ***** be smashin

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
ean: can i come over on wednesday?

also, when me and mike go to apex, if there is a livestream, yall better be watching and cheering us on, ill need the support vs mango in grand finals =))

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Updated Driver Tier List

NOTES: This tier list is not based on what you drive, but rather how you drive. Factors i take into consideration are: how long you have driven, number of accidents, whether the accidents are your fault, how comfortable you are driving, your driving techniques (this includes the ability to drive a stick, tricks you are able to perform, how well you handle your car in an emergency situation), how well you treat your vehicle, and how well you know the capabilities of your vehicle and if you've taken it to that limit. clearly, if you do not have a vehicle, you are not to be listed.

Top Tier
Me (Fenrir and Bullet)

High Tier
Ryan
Matt (Car)

Mid Tier
Matt (Truck)
Caleb (Toyota)
Mel
Orry

Low Tier
Jason
Arthur

Bottom Tier
Kira
Matt+

I bumped bullet up a tier because i mastered Donuting and the 360 blues brothers park. and i bumped caleb up one their cuz he hasnt been in an accident for a bit and removed his lexus from the list cuz he doesnt drive it anymore. Last note as a reminder, if you're on a tier as another person, you're equal, theres no top of a tier or bottom of a tier.

Mario_128

Smash Cadet
Please tell me John is heading off to Anchorage or something. I'd rly like to see him beast in Melee there.
I haven't seen him at all at the graduation and I didn't get the chance to ask where he was going so I don't know really.

Did any of you guys get to watch EVO this weekend? I thought it was a good turnout especially in the TVC tournament. I laughed when the commentators were suprised that one player in Super Street Fighter IV (NEO if I remember correctly) is from Alaska and not from Taiwan, Korean, or from Japan as they thought he was.

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
(No particular order within the tiers, I'll go with alpha order.)

Taken into account is not simply tournament results but a combination of general knowledge of how to play the game, ability to adapt, ability to keep your cool under pressure, technical ability/execution, thinking ahead, etc. Of course, this is also Alaska, so you must take that into account as well.

Alaska Smash Melee Tier List

S Tier
Caleb, Matt Savage

A Tier
James, Jason

B Tier
Adrian, Brad

C Tier
None

D Tier
Matt Flagg, Micheal

E Tier
Kira

Alaska Smash Brawl Tier List

S Tier
None

A Tier
Adrian, James, Mario 128, Matt Savage, Orry Watts, Dan the Man

B Tier
None

C Tier
Brad

D Tier
Matt Flagg, Micheal

E Tier
Kira

Alaska Brawl PLUS Tier List
uhhh who plays Brawl+ lol

S Tier
None

A Tier
Mario 128?

B Tier
Sir Flagg

C Tier
None

D Tier
None

E Tier
Who Knows

Alaska Blaz Tier List
A little shifting around to be seen pretty soon. With one of the C Tier guys, I mean.

SS Tier
D-Rox

A Tier
Mani, Mark

B Tier
Cho

C Tier
James, Jason, Matt Savage

D Tier
Caleb

E Tier
Matt Flagg, Micheal

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Although unlike Fangs list Arthur's has some validity (if only because he didn't include himself, although there are so many more reasons), I don't see the point of having empty tiers. Also there are other people who play B+ it's just that every time it happens to be someone who lives out of town. TriBrow, DQP, one or two people in Fairbanks, etc.

At least I'm not below Mike at anything any more.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
There's no validity to his tier list cuz there have been no ranbats nor has he traveled out of state to compete. Also ur bad at games anyways, melee is the only one i partially care about, and even if arthur say's we're even, my win/lose ratio against you begs to differ.

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
Alaska Blaz Tier List
A little shifting around to be seen pretty soon. With one of the C Tier guys, I mean.

SS Tier
D-Rox

A Tier
Mani, Mark

B Tier
Cho

C Tier
James, Jason, Matt Savage

D Tier
Caleb

E Tier
Matt Flagg, Micheal[/QUOTE]

I think we all know who that one c tier guy is.

In case anyone was wondering, it's me.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
There's no validity to his tier list cuz there have been no ranbats nor has he traveled out of state to compete. Also ur bad at games anyways, melee is the only one i partially care about, and even if arthur say's we're even, my win/lose ratio against you begs to differ.
Honestly, I think just quoting your post provides a good enough retort, so I'm just writing this for my ten characters.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
My opinion. (this is Caleb posting on DF's account)

(No particular order within the tiers, I'll go with alpha order.)

Taken into account is not simply tournament results but a combination of general knowledge of how to play the game, ability to adapt, ability to keep your cool under pressure, technical ability/execution, thinking ahead, etc. Of course, this is also Alaska, so you must take that into account as well.

Alaska Smash Melee Tier List

S Tier
Arthur, Caleb, Matt Savage

A Tier
James, Jason

B Tier
Adrian, Ean

C Tier
Mike

D Tier
Matt Flagg, Kira

E Tier
None

Alaska Smash Brawl Tier List

S Tier
None

A Tier
Adrian, Arthur, James, Mario 128, Matt Savage, Orry Watts, Dan the Man

B Tier
None

(I think that a few of the people in A tier would belong in B but I don't actively play Brawl so I don't have much of an opinon.)

C Tier
Brad, Caleb (I'm tempted to put myself in B, but I think Brad has put more dedication into it and is likely better than me)

D Tier
Matt Flagg, Micheal,

E Tier
Kira

Alaska Blaz Tier List

SS Tier
D-Rox

S Tier
Arthur

A Tier
Mani, Mark

B Tier
Cho

C Tier
James, Caleb, Matt Savage (I don't know if i would qualify for C tier, but I do know that I'm just as good if not better than Jason)

D Tier
Jason, Mike

E Tier
Matt Flagg
removed Brawl+ for being irrelevant.

1. I don't see the point of having empty tiers.

2. Also there are other people who play B+ it's just that every time it happens to be someone who lives out of town. TriBrow, DQP, one or two people in Fairbanks, etc.

3. At least I'm not below Mike at anything any more.
1 - To denote a significant gap in skill, obviously.

2 - No one cares, its Brawl+.

3 - I wouldn't say thats the case. Especially for melee. MM him if you're so confident?

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
I regret posting it on DF's account seeing as how I logged off and can't edit. Matt S. pointed out that Alex would be on C tier as well, and Kevin would be E (although I don't know how many of you know him).

I'm also tempted to put DF on B tier for melee, he goes even with Adrian and Ean to some extent.

Xanskar

Smash Lord
You are better than me in CS, that's definite. I would probably go about 4-6 in your favor if I used Taokaka or Ragna, but that's irrelevant as I don't use them in CS (although I can).
I would say put myself and you in D+ tier, because as far as I can see Matt and James are better than both of us, and have the order count for just that tier because you are still better than me. That or make a D++ tier and put yourself in it.

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
I regret posting it on DF's account seeing as how I logged off and can't edit. Matt S. pointed out that Alex would be on C tier as well, and Kevin would be E (although I don't know how many of you know him).

I'm also tempted to put DF on B tier for melee, he goes even with Adrian and Ean to some extent.
But it'd be nice if you put me in C Tier with DF since we go even in alot of our matches. (Although I'm hoping my practice down south and training with TCP will be enough for me to at least break into B Tier...)

Also, hi guys. It's been a while.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord

QFT

But it'd be nice if you put me in C Tier with DF since we go even in alot of our matches. (Although I'm hoping my practice down south and training with TCP will be enough for me to at least break into B Tier...)

Also, hi guys. It's been a while.
i think me adrian and ean are more or less equal with brad just EVER SO SLIGHTLY below considering my link can handle all his characters cept fox and my falco can take care of that, and even so my link vs his fox is around a 50/50 match up. However, to further support this statement, brad can beat Alex. so he's like bottom of B or at least top of C.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Guys. You know the best way to challenge your rivals. Money matches! James has been stepping it up and MMing me lately and I ain't gunna lie, gave me a run for my money. Step it up. I may or may not be doing the same for BB. I know I have been with chess. ****s fun to.

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
Alright, my Link vs anyone but ur fox or my falco vs any of ur characters. MM
Hmm, sounds like one I'll actually be down for for once. We'll see about that when I get back. Also, it looks like Charlie may be taking over as the one who could host smash at the West Hall. We'd just have to bring tvs, setups, the usual.

IS EVERYONE READY FOR ANOTHER YEAR OF THIS ****, GODDAMMIT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SUMMER also, I'm scheduled for like 7 classes this semester...

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
@ Tripcode

oooo. wow. awesome.

-----

anyway. yeah. the Brawl Plus Tier List is laughably empty, so just disregard it. Not that you shouldn't need me to tell you that.

For the most part I feel that what I wrote was pretty accurate, at least for the high and top tier. The lower tiers were of course a bit more haphazard and shodily thought up. I mean, who PLAYS low tier. Christ.

Um, yeah. I actually DO feel that there are THAT many people in A tier at Brawl. From what I've seen, everybody is on a similar level and what someone may lack in skill at Brawl, they make up with their character. And what someone may possess in skill, they downplay with their chracter. Guess who I'm talking about.....although I guess that could be individual character skill and experience and does not necessarily carry over to a top tier character. Life is COMPLICATED, man.

And well, each individual tier is a step up or down in skill, yeah? So maybe if I have a tier blank it means that well, the people that are closest to the previous are not just A step below but rather multiple steps below. Makes sense to me.

Rather fitting that Mark and Mani are in A tier for Blaz. Even though last time I have seen them play Mani won like all the time and actually had like a 30 or 20 win streak or something lolz, I still feel they are on an even level, regardless of how they fare one on one. Just because you beat someone doesn't mean you're better then them, you know.

Those two have some kind of rivalry thing going on and I find it pretty funny to see that sort of casual trash talk being exchanged.

FoxyFox

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, just bought a setup so I'm ready to smash. In training mode doin my thang and its boring as fk, hit me up to play.

I browsed a lil thru the forums and so far and figured out Mike's and Kira's tag, that about it.

oh yea this is Alex.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
ALEX!!! THIS IS CALEB THE DUDE WHO PLAYED FOX WITH U AT THE DORMS THAT ONE TIME. !!! omg !!! hit me up to play 244-8781. im always ****in down.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Hi everyone, just bought a setup so I'm ready to smash. In training mode doin my thang and its boring as fk, hit me up to play.

I browsed a lil thru the forums and so far and figured out Mike's and Kira's tag, that about it.

oh yea this is Alex.
i bet you he was able to figure me out either through my sig, or what ive posted lol

FoxyFox

Smash Rookie
Hi Jason

Hey Brad, back at the dorms this fall?

Yo Caleb, what part of town do u live in?

Sup Mike, figured you out cause I saw ppl calling u mike

gingerbreadchar

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking there's a better chance that I'll get into the West Hall, because of my credits and that was my first choice. I'll definitely have the usual smash get togethers and such.

This is Charlie, btw. HI ALEX! :D!

FoxyFox

Smash Rookie
hey Charlie

I live on the westside, downtownish area lol.. but not for long. Im gonna be an RA in North Hall, move in in a couple weeks for training.

Top Bottom