• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
hey, it was really cool to finally meet all of you, got to show off my diddy, which surprsingly didnt do tooo bad, but still.

I did find it rather funny that most of you believed i wasnt even a real person, it seemed to be a total shocker when i arived, lol..

I really enjoyed kickin it, as well as meeting some really cool people, so if yall want, feel free to add me on myspace or msn, and well chat some time.

www.myspace.com/orry_watts

Orry_watts@hotmail.com

peace

ohgodx

Smash Apprentice
My Dedede went undefeated?
even against Arthur's Snake?
and I almost won a set against Derek?
last stock, 157%?

/target Kenshin
/thank

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
good **** matt. actually good **** to everyone. i sandbagged the entire 1st match so i can take out kazu in losers brackets cuz he was talkin smack on here. kira was just an unfortunate stepping stone in my plan. nice meeting you orry, derek thought you were fake, but you showed him!

also, matt, your kendo of the mind technique can also translate as sandbagging in some ways no? as long as i win? cuz the technical definition is "When a player in any game chooses (on purpose) to not play their best. Normally this is because they are too superior, they want to hustle you, or they are too lazy to play their best with nothing on the line. "

your KotM(kendo of the mind, im gonna use this abbreviation now) makes it so that you eliminate the majority of your tech skill to change the pace and strategy of the game confusing your opponents and making them more predictable.

if so then i was using ALOT of kendo of the mind yesterday. if not then i was just being a **** and not caring.

one last thing, yesterday, the brackets were suppose to be random, adrian was just power hungry and i noticed laura gave herself some pretty easy matches. all i have to say is nothing good can come of pros scheming to win. hopefully next time it will be pure random, no disputes, no QQ, and more pew pew.

ohgodx

Smash Apprentice
good **** matt. actually good **** to everyone. i sandbagged the entire 1st match so i can take out kazu in losers brackets cuz he was talkin smack on here. Laura/gwen/kira/rina/dizzy was just an unfortunate stepping stone in my plan. nice meeting you orry, derek thought you were fake, but you showed him!

also, matt, your kendo of the mind technique can also translate as sandbagging in some ways no? as long as i win? cuz the technical definition is "When a player in any game chooses (on purpose) to not play their best. Normally this is because they are too superior, they want to hustle you, or they are too lazy to play their best with nothing on the line. "

your KotM(kendo of the mind, im gonna use this abbreviation now) makes it so that you eliminate the majority of your tech skill to change the pace and strategy of the game confusing your opponents and making them more predictable.

if so then i was using ALOT of kendo of the mind yesterday. if not then i was just being a **** and not caring.
performing Kendo with your mind is not sandbagging.
it's just being relaxed.
and in case you haven't noticed, I only use it after I play someone a fair amount, and decide I don't need to move around so fast, or even at all, anymore.
so, in the fundamental sense of sandbagging, it can't be sandbagging, since I play my best before I start to perform Kendo with my mind.

I imagine many would argue that it is reducing your tech skill, which changes the pace of the match, and confuses your opponent.
this is true, but there is a reason it is called "tech" skill; "technical" skill is skill of a sort, in the sense that you can execute more complicated commands, but the real skill in fighting games involves when and why to use your techniques, not how.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
well in your sense, what if i hadnt played my best from the beginning and know my opponent(s) beforehand, and i knew that tech skill wasnt required to beat them?

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
lol, it was pretty lame having to fight adrian 3 times, 1 at first as a friendly, beat his peach (he seemed to be surprised), then 3rd round of winners bracket i fought him, came close every match, re matched him in losers bracket, beat his olimar with flying colors. and so he resorted metaknight for the last 2 matches... yaayy. lol

but yeah, i had a great time, it was pretty funny derek thought i was a fake, as did half of the others, i got a good grin when hearing "AH ORRY WATTS IS HERE?!? WHERE?!" lol, any ways, ill be sure to come to more events.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
That was great, I had an awesome time even though I ended up coming at 5:00.
Thanks Mike for letting me stay at your place.

Also, Orry Watts there's a guy named Tri Brow that posts in the Workshop (the Brawl+ forums on smashboards), and he lives in Wasilla, you might wanna contact him. You could probably play smash together, especially if you want to get into Brawl+.

I can't find a used copy of Melee anywhere I checked Play N' Trade and like 2 stores in eagle river lol. I'm going to try my old copy out maybe it will start working again.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I found it funny that you guys just call me Mattnumbers AND the people I talk with in the Brawl+ forum call me Mattnumbers.

So I decided that I have a couple name changes from being a premium member, so why not?

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
for some reason when i first saw that i thought xanskarr made a new account just for the lulz or something
also that reminds me
where has that kid been

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
yeah brawl+ was pretty legit, tri brow you say tho? ill have to check it out. im always looking for people around here to keep up against me.

adrian Blk

Smash Journeyman
lol, it was pretty lame having to fight adrian 3 times, 1 at first as a friendly, beat his peach (he seemed to be surprised), then 3rd round of winners bracket i fought him, came close every match, re matched him in losers bracket, beat his olimar with flying colors. and so he resorted metaknight for the last 2 matches... yaayy. lol

but yeah, i had a great time, it was pretty funny derek thought i was a fake, as did half of the others, i got a good grin when hearing "AH ORRY WATTS IS HERE?!? WHERE?!" lol, any ways, ill be sure to come to more events.
LOL no johns

adrian Blk

Smash Journeyman
THANK GOD meta worked so well lol, i spammed so much d-smash and f-tilted all your scrubby side step dodges and finished the entire set without tornado. bananna games fail if u cant glide toss consistently and rolling behind people and spamming jab only works for so long.

i recall beating you 3rd round 2-0 with out metaknight

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
THANK GOD meta worked so well lol, i spammed so much d-smash and f-tilted all your scrubby side step dodges and finished the entire set without tornado. bananna games fail if u cant glide toss consistently and rolling behind people and spamming jab only works for so long.

i recall beating you 3rd round 2-0 with out metaknight
you still used metaknight, my 2 year old neice can play him. either way, go shine dat meta knight metal.

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
Rina-chan is part of the Smash-playing crew up in Anchorage? Hell, you guys still *have* a Smash scene... Juneau sucks, I haven't played a game of Smash in months now. Granted, I could probably fix that if I were willing to put up with shoddy online play again. ...if only. :laugh:

Oh, and Orry, it's nice to see you finally met up with the Anch players. I haven't been on XBL much lately, but we should play some SF4/MvC2 sometime for sure.

Edit - Oh, I should also mention it's nice to see that this thread is alive and kicking, at least somewhat. I was checking this on a whim, and I half-expected to see the last new post being from months ago. =P

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
@kenjiblade yeaah seems like the community has been more active lately, lots of new players interested in brawl/melee

@orry i was at my house, very sick
good thing too, because i would of won it for sure

jk

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
i hate mk, snake i can tollirate, and i laugh at adrian for telling me "Well you should quit diddy now and just start mk" jeez, what a jerk?

Top Bottom