• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Mahjong

Smash Cadet
hey we ned to play smash more. Jason y did u stop bringing the GC, r u grounded or somthing? i seriously ned more one on one games.

Edit: When n wher?

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Yeah, VGC does suck now. Tomo, I brought it today =p
Though if my house was a tiny bit closer to the school, we could go there. One big screen = Split screen with two gamecubes. It would be great, really. I want to go to your house Ricky, good stuff last week.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Derreck you should change the thread name as its well*looks at clock* oh April er something. Sorry about not being able to come saturday, busy as hell. This weekend im open though. Btw when is the next tourney?

To the elitists, arthur included, you guys cant come to my house until the weekend. Dad figured out about today lol, not a big deal but yeah. EATING ALL MY FOOD!!!!

Who do you main Elsydeon? Hopefully you can find some practical way to anchorage.

dragoonv86

Smash Apprentice
lol srry bout that ricky but that muffin...it was calling me!!! haha. whenever the next tourny is i'll go (if i have 5 bucks) to bad vgc is dead right now ><

Elsydeon

Smash Rookie
Who do you main Elsydeon? Hopefully you can find some practical way to anchorage.
My main is Falco.
Since I will be in Alaska for at least a few months, I'm sure I could arrange a trip to Anchorage once or twice. I wouldn't mind driving all the way there for an all day smashfest or something.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
elsydeon, nobody really plays competitively outside of anchorage that i know of. you might find someone who just does it as a pastime though, as thecatphysician mentioned(i don't know anything about the soldotna guy though, maybe he does have people he plays with).

if you want a good smash experience come to anchorage. who all have you played from cali that's involved in the competitive scene?

we didn't do anything last weekend ricky. and fine, ill change the topic.

arthur, i heard you called the other day. i called you on saturday, but that was it.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Yeah the kid in Soldotna wouldn't be competition for anyone, and he's like the only person who plays Smash there. But if you're going to be staying there a few months and you've got nothing else to do, then you can at least try to teach him if you want.

It'd be cool if you went to one of Anchorage's tourneys Elsydeon, they're starting to happen every month or so and usually I try to go with some of my friends from Cordova.

Elsydeon

Smash Rookie
I don't know all of the details pertaining to my stay up there just yet, but I will try to come to a couple tournaments. I come up mid-May, so I'll be keeping my eye on this topic.
Thanks for the help guys.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
your MS paint image is the only thing here that can kill people
LMAO, no sigmar faith courses through my vains, i fight with steel and steel alone. Btw arthur i have to commend you on your skills..... Its a literal statement, no sarcasm.

kin john had one banana to my knowledge, it was arthur who grabbed two but i think he only ate one. John, you, and vito took my poppyseed muffins....

Always_Default

Smash Journeyman
LMAO, no sigmar faith courses through my vains, i fight with steel and steel alone. Btw arthur i have to commend you on your skills..... Its a literal statement, no sarcasm.

kin john had one banana to my knowledge, it was arthur who grabbed two but i think he only ate one. John, you, and vito took my poppyseed muffins....

Sigmar can let people do many things, such as correctly using homonyms.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
d***, i played(& felt) like s*** today.

hey, what's this?

hmm, i can't quite make out what's happening in the picture, let's get a closer look.

oh! that's kirby and falco! seems like the falco's getting crushed. his player must have graduated from terrible school with flying colors. that's falco vs kirby!

in other news, i'm glad ricky helped me come to the realization that falco cannot, in fact, do things on his own, and therefore cannot in seriousness be blamed for anything. i never knew that! i wonder if it's the same with other characters.

let's keep the 3v1s down to a minimum next week; ffas are more entertaining

Always_Default

Smash Journeyman
Hey. I've been looking for competition in Alaska, and so I decided to create this topic. Post here if you're interested in playing members of the AK smash community =) we're all eager for more competition up here. Just continue reading if you want some basic info on the community. My contact info's at the bottom of the post.

For a long time now(about 3-4 years) I've had people coming to my house to play smash. I, for one, am perfectly willing to break this pattern of having smashfests at my house, if someone's willing to offer a suitable place to play.

As I can drive, I can(and will) provide transportation to most people who need it, so there shouldn't be much of a problem other than parental permission. If we get too many players, we might have to use someone else's house, since I'm hosting the smashfests at my parent's place. If you'd like to arrange a time to play against us, just send me a PM, post, or contact me on AIM/MSN(info listed below). Again, transportation isn't an issue as long as you'll take a ride from me.

There are 2 separate communities involved in competitive play, which are Anchorage and Cordova. Both communities have 3-4 people in them who play consistently. We're looking to expand on that, and if you'd like to join us or have any questions, either PM me on Smashboards or use one of the following methods to contact me:

My Contact Info:

AIM: AlphaLunaris
MSN: Lunaris5@hotmail.com

If you're in Anchorage and you'd like to give competitive smash a shot, you're welcome to contact me and we can set up a time to meet.

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
Hey, are there any smashers who are planning on being in Anchorage for the High School State Solo/Ensemble competition? Yeah yeah, I'm in a choir but we're pretty good so I'm thinking we're almost guarenteed a trip to State. I was just wondering if anyone else is gonna be at UAA for it because TheCatPhysician and I are gonna be there for it. I think you guys have heard of TheCatPhysician cause he's a regular poster around here and he's pretty good(like the best in our town, friggn a). So just thought I'd bring it up...

By the way, the State Solo/Ensemble competition is on the 11th-12th of May at UAA.

Top Bottom