• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure you would have to make that yourself.

But if you did get it made I would happily add it.

EDIT: BTW I'll get that song you wanted once some more people request songs, I'd rather do multiple ones at once.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
i cant have that many people over again for like a month, my mom spoke to me about it. but if i find a place i can host one... maybe your backyard che?

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
lol backyard
why dont we hold it in a church or something they probably wouldnt care as long as its not during church hours; which i mean, comon who would want to get up that early to play smash anyways

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
so if anything like biweeklies or more active smashfests starts happening
i think it would be a solid idea to update the OP with tourney dates / smashfest dates
i mean derek has just left it as Alaska(friend codes in first post) and really does anyone even really play online brawl anymore that is on that list? I guess what I'm saying is if anything does start happening we should make a new alaska thread, considering how derek doesn't even post anymore.

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
I support the idea of Biweeklies.

The Smash Council of Alaska is a lie...for now.

The other day, I woke up and looked in the mirror and saw that I had "lucas hair".

<.<

>.>

...meow. =3

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
BRAWL DOUBLES TOURNAMENT, SATURDAY OCTOBER 3RD @ 2 PM, PLAY N TRADE

$15 entry per TEAM
1st prize = $100 per team
2nd prize = $50 per team
3rd prize = $30 per team

MATCH SETTINGS

2v2, 3 stock, 8 minute time limit
Items set to OFF and NONE
Friendly Fire must be set to ON (we will check)
Bracket is double elimination. The team winning best 2 out of 3 matches will advance, with grand finals only (due to time restraints) being best 3 out of 5.

STAGES

-First stage must be a RANDOM neutral (set between Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, & Yoshi’s Island)
-The losing team may counterpick the next stage. Doubles-specific counterpicks include any of the above neutrals OR any of the following: Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Green Greens, Halberd, Jungle Japes, Luigi’s Mansion, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, and Rainbow Cruise.
-Winning team may choose one stage to ban for counterpick.
-A banned stage may be counterpicked only if both members of both teams agree to it.

GENERAL

-Bring your own controllers (standard Nintendo wired gamecube controllers recommended). It is your responsibility to ensure that whatever controller you use is in proper working condition. If you are using a wireless controller you must remove the batteries between matches so as not to interrupt the matches of other players.
-Pausing and restarting a match is not allowed.
-Custom control configurations must be set BEFORE the match. Any complications arising from control issues (including using someone else’s tag) are at your own risk.
-When called to a match, both players must immediately report to their assigned station. Holding up the tournament may result in being disqualified without refund.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
The Smash Council of Alaska is a lie...for now.
**** off brad, your not a smasher just a spectator who plays. the Smash council has spoken. either you choose to accept our ways, or exile! Mario128 has learned his errors.

so if anything like biweeklies or more active smashfests starts happening
i think it would be a solid idea to update the OP with tourney dates / smashfest dates
i mean derek has just left it as Alaska(friend codes in first post) and really does anyone even really play online brawl anymore that is on that list? I guess what I'm saying is if anything does start happening we should make a new alaska thread, considering how derek doesn't even post anymore.
Quoted for truth

BRAWL DOUBLES TOURNAMENT, SATURDAY OCTOBER 3RD @ 2 PM, PLAY N TRADE

$15 entry per TEAM
1st prize = $100 per team
2nd prize = $50 per team
3rd prize = $30 per team

MATCH SETTINGS

2v2, 3 stock, 8 minute time limit
Items set to OFF and NONE
Friendly Fire must be set to ON (we will check)
Bracket is double elimination. The team winning best 2 out of 3 matches will advance, with grand finals only (due to time restraints) being best 3 out of 5.

STAGES

-First stage must be a RANDOM neutral (set between Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, & Yoshi’s Island)
-The losing team may counterpick the next stage. Doubles-specific counterpicks include any of the above neutrals OR any of the following: Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Green Greens, Halberd, Jungle Japes, Luigi’s Mansion, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, and Rainbow Cruise.
-Winning team may choose one stage to ban for counterpick.
-A banned stage may be counterpicked only if both members of both teams agree to it.

GENERAL

-Bring your own controllers (standard Nintendo wired gamecube controllers recommended). It is your responsibility to ensure that whatever controller you use is in proper working condition. If you are using a wireless controller you must remove the batteries between matches so as not to interrupt the matches of other players.
-Pausing and restarting a match is not allowed.
-Custom control configurations must be set BEFORE the match. Any complications arising from control issues (including using someone else’s tag) are at your own risk.
-When called to a match, both players must immediately report to their assigned station. Holding up the tournament may result in being disqualified without refund.

Adrian, looks like we're in business. Metaknight **** is allowed

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
B+ side tourney possible?

Derek would probably win it as well though, skill carries over.

I could help with the whole rule set thing and.....stuff.

Last time there were some TVs open so it should be ok as long as we don't get too many entrants.

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be ok to do one for fun but I doubt my boss would be willing to have the store sponsor it since not a lot of people play.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Well what usually happens is people join the tourney just to see what its like. It could be for fun, that's fine, but the way I get people to know about it is by having it at tourneys for other smash games. It would be nice to have a possibility for an actual bracket though, even if it's not directly sponsored.

Also, it would be great if you could post about Brawl+ being there, then people will know about it beforehand. I could make a post for you to edit into yours on AKgamers even.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
I think it would be ok to do one for fun but I doubt my boss would be willing to have the store sponsor it since not a lot of people play.
thats why we gotta get the word out.

btw, kira has bleu hair now cuz apparently Dizzy is cute... by that logic i should dye my hair black cuz ryu is awesome.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
my hair is green dude... cuz im your hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero

im your powers magnified
And im fighting on the planet's side

Gonna help me put asunder
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

you're the Planeteers
they can be one too
'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do!

Looting and polluting is not the way
Hear what Captain Planet has to say!

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys
Who were up to no good
Startin making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I can say this cab is rare
But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

Gouki-Ryu

Smash Cadet
Hahaha. Machinimating's so much fun. Need stunt smashers. Adrian already agreed.
Doubles tourney? Eh...Might as well. Anyone got Charlie's(TaxiBot's) Number?

And to Fang: "Cptn Planet FTW" If you wanna team up that'd be cool man . I've picked up MK as well as Olimar. So yeah.

M.Numbers: Is there a Cptn Planet Texture Hack? If so. I'm the happiest man on Earth right now.

This is my last week in town before AKJC, but while I'm there, I'll be applying for UAA so you may or may not see much of me around town.
SOO...If you guys have any smashfests this week, just tell me when and where.

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
my hair is green dude... cuz im your hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero

im your powers magnified
And im fighting on the planet's side

Gonna help me put asunder
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

you're the Planeteers
they can be one too
'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do!

Looting and polluting is not the way
Hear what Captain Planet has to say!
Oh lawd is dat sum CP?

And I'm beginning to think that it won't matter if I get better against you guys. Even if I get better and start beating you more than I already am, you'll never admit that I can be better than you. You've invalidated nearly every victory I've had against you so far. You just think you're way better than you rly are, way better than I am, probably for stupid and irrelevant reasons(Job Corps, Matsu College, Twilight, etc.)

Well whatever, it doesn't matter. You're not nearly as much of an *** irl as you are on here and I can deal with at least that.

Xanskar

Smash Lord
Oh lawd is dat sum CP?

And I'm beginning to think that it won't matter if I get better against you guys. Even if I get better and start beating you more than I already am, you'll never admit that I can be better than you. You've invalidated nearly every victory I've had against you so far. You just think you're way better than you rly are, way better than I am, probably for stupid and irrelevant reasons(Job Corps, Matsu College, Twilight, etc.)

Well whatever, it doesn't matter. You're not nearly as much of an *** irl as you are on here and I can deal with at least that.
Does that second part include me? I don't think I've ever invalidated any matches against you.

And if it does, I apologize.

Top Bottom