• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
lol
i could just get my parents to buy it for my birthday, "bro"

its that i dont want the ps3, its about equal to the 360 and i dont play that anyway

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
love the quotes around bro xan, keep it up
also i thought the ps3 was like 600$??
xbox 360 = 200-400$
im planning on getting the pro.. which is 300
so i dont have my 360 today

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
love the quotes around bro xan, keep it up
also i thought the ps3 was like 600$??
xbox 360 = 200-400$
im planning on getting the pro.. which is 300
so i dont have my 360 today
i think the lowest price (no backwards compat) is 400 or so, probably lower
whats wrong with quotes around bro, brah

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
How come none of you play 64?
would you guys if i brought it to the next fest?
also we should get some low tier **** going on in here
anyone mm my ylink?

also wtf is with the 2 accounts xanmoneykar??

Xanskar

Smash Lord
my laptop was logged into xanskarr and my home computer is logged into xanskar
tl;dr im cool

yeah id play 64, game's fun as hell

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
How come none of you play 64?
would you guys if i brought it to the next fest?
also we should get some low tier **** going on in here
anyone mm my ylink?

also wtf is with the 2 accounts xanmoneykar??
Would there be enough interest to do a Melee Low-Tier Tournament? I could have it as a house tourney or something small, or a side event to a main Melee tourney.

also who wants to do guilty gear cosplay with me

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
even better, instead of a MM we'll place bets as to wether or not you're actually moving up here or not. Adrian's having his doubts lol. Also i doubt any of us would make do a good cosplay, cept maybe if Che did Jake from Advanced Wars : dual strike. Also I would definitely enter that low tier tournament considering LINK IS MY MAIN, NOT FALCO.

lastly, i wanna smash, i get off work at 1 today, ill be checking this site, post numbers if u wanna smash, ill give u a call. no johns

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Would there be enough interest to do a Melee Low-Tier Tournament? I could have it as a house tourney or something small, or a side event to a main Melee tourney.

also who wants to do guilty gear cosplay with me
Well if 10+ actual smash players show up, they would probably be down for it, but in tournies up here, its mostly scrubs, whom would be confused/rage/ask what a tier is.

Also i doubt any of us would make do a good cosplay, cept maybe if Che did Jake from Advanced Wars : dual strike.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Get the plates, because I just got served
seriously **** jake

Also, yall *****s get up way too early.. i pulled a derek and got up at 5... pm

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
lol, che, Rina is actually sami from advanced wars, she just doesnt know it yet.

also, that game is ****ing weird, i like #2 better, kept thing hella simple.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
I bet A chunky Money that its gonna be longer then a month, lol
no ones gonna take that bet, cuz u gonna win. alright lets start a pool, we have odds 10-1 says that Rinas gonna be up here by august, and 2-1 at the end of july, its 5 dollar entree and 10 dollar per square on the calendar, any takers?

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
im betting she will move back up
but then remember how horribad it is
and move back to cali
also, the DS version kicks *** bro, u cant talk **** till u beat it on hard mode
also fight me at it

Race

Smash Lord
everyone watch the evo live stream, I got kira to help out with announcing and stuff from my evo connections. So hype it up or something.

also in other news genesis should have been on livestream, melee everything was too good

especially the Mango vs. Armada sets. . . .I quit brawl forever if I keep seeing matches like that

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
we can start a pool on that too che. my bet is that she will move under these conditions: 1. she gets a really good job offer. 2. she gets over derek 4. i forgot the number 3. 5. we all quit smash.

the odds of her getting a really good job offer are quite slim due to the recent recession in our economy. the odds of us quitting smash are none, so with the only option left i hypothesize a stay time of about a year.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
everyone watch the evo live stream, I got kira to help out with announcing and stuff from my evo connections. So hype it up or something.

also in other news genesis should have been on livestream, melee everything was too good

especially the Mango vs. Armada sets. . . .I quit brawl forever if I keep seeing matches like that
ur so ****ing lucky u live in cali
i wanted to go to genesis so bad but no cash
also u should just start melee regardless

Xanskar

Smash Lord
no ones gonna take that bet, cuz u gonna win. alright lets start a pool, we have odds 10-1 says that Rinas gonna be up here by august, and 2-1 at the end of july, its 5 dollar entree and 10 dollar per square on the calendar, any takers?
ill take 5 dollars on end of july
wait, 10-1 on august and lower odds on end of july? doesnt make sense.
switch them around, 10-1 on end of july, 2-1 on by august

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
we can start a pool on that too che. my bet is that she will move under these conditions: 1. she gets a really good job offer. 2. she gets over derek 4. i forgot the number 3. 5. we all quit smash.

the odds of her getting a really good job offer are quite slim due to the recent recession in our economy. the odds of us quitting smash are none, so with the only option left i hypothesize a stay time of about a year.
You're such a mean person!
That's it, my next poorly drawn comic shall be about you!

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
You're such a mean person!
That's it, my next poorly drawn comic shall be about you!
my intention is never mean, but go ahead and raw anyways, i need a good laugh. in lulz we trust, 4chan ftw

Haha, looking forward to that after what (he claims) he had done to my AiB account.
want me to hack ur smashboards account to? lololol

and now the thread is all awkward
not at all, lets take bets, I NEED MOAR MONIES, also i think i may have a gambling problem.

Xanskar

Smash Lord
I was just wondering why Ganondorf is in the very middle of the tiers. Before I get into what I mean, allow me to first put out there that I have been playing for years, and I have watched MANY videos of the tournament masters.

My brother and I found out, through years of play, literally EVERY advanced technique in the game, except the wavedash, which we stumbled upon, but wrote off as simply hilarious. I was surprised to find that all the wacky observations we have encountered and adapted are actually defined in the glossary in the sticky topic above! Three of the particularly surprising terms that I could not believe had been widely known and utilized were the Phantom Hit (I just thought I had a glitchy game) and that effect where recovering at the right time from attacks that sent you flying results in an upward boost if you jump out/air dodge/whatever early enough (I cannot remember what it was called in the sticky), and the waveland.

Now, I have been using Ganondorf against my brother lately, and he cannot seem to beat me. We think we know why, and we think it puts Ganon at the top of the tiers. I will be brief. Ganondorf has his air forward. We call it 'The Punch.' It has that special hitbox like a sword, hence it goes right through anything except an attack with that same type of hitbox. It does 17% max, is relatively fast executing, has basically instant recovery on a barrier cancel, and is quite massive, killing at rather low percentages.

If he misses, he can just do his A punch if the opponent tries to retaliate, or shield/roll. I am telling you, Ganondorf is a crazy meat mountain who crushes bones with many attacks doing 15+%, survives to insane damages thanks to his weight, and has ridiculous horizontal recovery (Double Jump, Ganondorf Kick Down B, ANOTHER Double Jump, ARE YOU SERIOUS, Up B).

Next, check his roll. It goes like half screen. It makes him rather fast, nearly eliminating his speed problem on the ground, and a great character when it comes to the defensive game. It pretty much eliminates the need for his wavedash, which, with Ganondorf, who needs to do most of his attacking from hops, is pretty much useless already unless you are looking to smash attack. Wavesmashing, however, in my opinion, is also a bad idea, because, in the time and damage it takes you to actually land a smash, you could have just used The Punch and killed you opponent by then.

Even though he has to fight mostly in the air, 3 of his 4 air attacks are pretty fast, and are quite massive. A major advantage he has is that nearly all his attacks move the opponent considerably, and can topple him from 0%, so his opponent gets little to no counterattack opportunity.

The only explanation I can find for why he is low on the tiers is that no one has used him seriously. I think he really keeps up, if not tops, the top tier characters.

I really do not like to simply shoot my mouth, and I am not one who thinks it right to shower a character in encomium, and never actually prove anything. Is there online for this somewhere, or is that simply wishful thinking? If not, please do not yell at me and stuff until you at least check out The Punch. Goes right through projectiles, goes right through attacks, goes right through faces. Please just give Ganondorf another shot and tell me what you thnk.

Final Comment: People have a tendency to think that posts from newcomers to a board but veterans of its respective game are saying they are better than everyone else, regardles of what the post actually says. Please note that I did not say 'I am better than you' or 'Ganon is better than Fox.' I said, essentially: 'Ganon seems to be great. These are his strengths. He may top Fox. Check him out and see if you agree.' I will say, however, that I am a full master of Ganondorf.

Please give Ganondorf a second look before responding so you know where I am coming from!

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
"What I hate about low tier mains the most is that they think they're better than everyone else because they use a low tier character. "Hey look at me, I use ganon, so you should all respect me for using someone who sucks so bad""

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
hax r so much fun

gannon is mid tier because i say he is
i rly want to but i dunno if its worth it... Rina's account is worth hacking, ill give that a shot.

"What I hate about low tier mains the most is that they think they're better than everyone else because they use a low tier character. "Hey look at me, I use ganon, so you should all respect me for using someone who sucks so bad""
ganon is mid tier rina. and if you're refering to me and my link, its rly hard work playing link. like not getting comboed, and not dying, and winning, hard **** guys. srsly... if not, then ya, i agree with you

Top Bottom