• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Moogle/Mslano, I need to know where to be Thursday/Friday for the trip up there. I am not very flexible Friday at all, so I will have to be somewhere you guys can pick me up on Thursday if this is to happen. Really, just tell me where to go that I can stay the night at within reasonable distance of Sewanee, and I can get a friend to drop me off there. Or you can just pick me up here on Friday, no objections.

moogle

Smash Ace
Moogle/Mslano, I need to know where to be Thursday/Friday for the trip up there. I am not very flexible Friday at all, so I will have to be somewhere you guys can pick me up on Thursday if this is to happen. Really, just tell me where to go that I can stay the night at within reasonable distance of Sewanee, and I can get a friend to drop me off there. Or you can just pick me up here on Friday, no objections.
mslano says yeah, we can pick you up. I believe you mentioned you could be in Franklin, TN.... that's pretty much on the way for us. (Sewanee is probably a couple hours out of the way.) Tentative plans are to leave somewhere around 5pm on Friday.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I'll get to Franklin. I have relatives there, and more than likely they will house me.

5 PM is a bit late for a cross country car trip. Do you guys have work obligations, cuz that's understandable. But earlier would be a lot better.

I just hate getting not much sleep before a tournament, and sleeping in a crowded car is doubtful.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'll get to Franklin. I have relatives there, and more than likely they will house me.

5 PM is a bit late for a cross country car trip. Do you guys have work obligations, cuz that's understandable. But earlier would be a lot better.

I just hate getting not much sleep before a tournament, and sleeping in a crowded car is doubtful.
I'm pretty sure work is preventing us from leaving earlier. Andy gets off work at around 4 p.m. I believe

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Ah okay. Goddam work.

Well then, I will make sure to procure some caffeine for Saturday.

See you fellas Friday. I'll post the address later so it won't get lost underneath the spammy spam that is generic regional thread for Alabama. The place is only about 3 mins off the interstate.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Posting this just because:
AL thread posts

theONEjanitor 2,052
JWT2k6 1,474
munkus beaver 1,202
shaSLAM 995
Majist 865

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i can't believe i have that many posts.
that. many. pointless. posts.

i dont think ive ever said anything worthwhile in any of them.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I can't believe I've posted 90 times on this thread. Now 91.

Also BIG LOL at Sensai getting 6th. I don't think he's been on smashboards for about two years now.

j00t

Smash Champion
Also BIG LOL at Sensai getting 6th. I don't think he's been on smashboards for about two years now.
yeah... I miss Sensai :(

but yeah I'm second. I must post a lot of useless crap on this thread.

But this thread has never been serious anyways.

...Right? >_>;

JRob

Smash Cadet
Need some tips on practicing Peach's (Melee) short hop-> float canceled n-air correctly, if you guys don't mind. ._.

I think I'm inputting everything too quickly when I end up d-airing. Or maybe I'm not fast enough... either way, I'm unsure of if there's anything I probably should be doing differently. <_>

I'm really only asking because I've had a significantly easier time double jump canceling and lcanceling them. If it were really easier then I'm betting that others would do it this way as well... Unless there's a reason for float canceling them that I'm unaware of...

Mit tiefer Dankbarkeit!

-Chad-

Slackerator
Float canceling has much less lag :X

If you're d-airing instead of n-airing it just means you're not letting your control stick be neutral before hitting A :o

JRob

Smash Cadet
Float canceling has much less lag :X

If you're d-airing instead of n-airing it just means you're not letting your control stick be neutral before hitting A :o
Should I wait longer before I n-air, or manually move the control stick back to a neutral position and then perform it?

It seems like I'd be sacrificing quickness for less cooldown if the first is the case. :V

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
it's more about flicking the control stick.
you have to hold jump and down to float immediately

then you let it go and hit a or z
then you fast fall.

it's difficult and different from other technical things.

moogle

Smash Ace

I'd be up for leaving earlier. I can get off work without much hassle, or I can just go in earlier. Not sure if the other guys have work Friday afternoon though.

Hmm, where are all you Huntsville melee guys going this saturday?
show me your moves!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258957

Oh yeah... it is my understanding that someone from the Memphis area has my jacket... maybe IHSB or Handorin? I left it at *pound* 4 in the hotel. It's gray and says "Mossimo" on it somewhere. Maybe somehow this jacket could make it to SMYM11 and into my hands. :grin:

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'd be up for leaving earlier. I can get off work without much hassle, or I can just go in earlier. Not sure if the other guys have work Friday afternoon though.

show me your moves!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258957

Oh yeah... it is my understanding that someone from the Memphis area has my jacket... maybe IHSB or Handorin? I left it at *pound* 4 in the hotel. It's gray and says "Mossimo" on it somewhere. Maybe somehow this jacket could make it to SMYM11 and into my hands. :grin:
Hando had 2 jackets from pound and gave both to me. But neither of them were gray, one was black and Chad claimed it, and the other was yellow and no one has recognized it so far.

Top Bottom