• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
AUGH thunder plains minigame is the stupidest idea for an ultimate weapon requirement

yes worse than chocobo catcher
yeah i refused to do it.

who was that for, lulu or kimahri maybe??

you can make pretty bad *** weapons though that aren't ultimate weapons, so I said **** it.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
The ultimate weapons are required to get the damage break ability and that is required to beat the monster rancher bosses.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
The ultimate weapons are required to get the damage break ability and that is required to beat the monster rancher bosses.
^

what he said. Forget beating Nemesis without them. Those 99999 hits are essential and still do next to nothing to his Millions of HP.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Yeah, sometime on Saturday or Sunday would be good. Just not around the game time on saturday.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
You can customize the break damage limit ability into a weap with x60 dark matter, which is most likely what I'm going to do for lulu.

I should probably get back into smash.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alright, I've been playing BlazBlue religiously since I bought the game. After months of playing, I've developed a good Jin. I was playing in a room with a few friends of mine (A Tao, two Bangs, ans a Noel) when another player joined. The best player among us (one of the Bang players) suddenly said, "****. That's the 7th best Arakune on the leader boards." We were all like, "No way, you're making that up." The newcomer then proceeded to wipe the floor with our best player and my friend's Noel. On my turn to play, I won. The first round, I got perfected. Then I won on a lucky D Shoreyuken. Final round, I grabbed him with 100% Heat. The guy said "Oh goddammit!" and I Astral Finished him. I was hyperventalating afterward. I was ridiculously excited. I passed because I was too jittery from winning a match I had no right to be competing in. The next time we played, I got ***** though. And every subsequent match.

Fluke? Yes.
Awesome? Hell yes.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Alright, I've been playing BlazBlue religiously since I bought the game. After months of playing, I've developed a good Jin. I was playing in a room with a few friends of mine (A Tao, two Bangs, ans a Noel) when another player joined. The best player among us (one of the Bang players) suddenly said, "****. That's the 7th best Arakune on the leader boards." We were all like, "No way, you're making that up." The newcomer then proceeded to wipe the floor with our best player and my friend's Noel. On my turn to play, I won. The first round, I got perfected. Then I won on a lucky D Shoreyuken. Final round, I grabbed him with 100% Heat. The guy said "Oh goddammit!" and I Astral Finished him. I was hyperventalating afterward. I was ridiculously excited. I passed because I was too jittery from winning a match I had no right to be competing in. The next time we played, I got ***** though. And every subsequent match.

Fluke? Yes.
Awesome? Hell yes.
lol, Jin's Astral is totally legit.

Do you play on XBL? If so, we should get some games in some time.

And, unfortunately, I have no way of getting to Mobile tomorrow. :/

Winnar

Smash Lord

Fluke? Yes.
Awesome? Hell yes.
Sweet XD

I can't make your tourney, sorry :\

j00t

Smash Champion
I've pretty much determined that I can't play any fighting game competitively except for Smash.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
I've pretty much determined that I can't play any fighting game competitively except for Smash.
haha It's pretty much the same for me. And any game like smash really, but they aren't really played competitively cept for smash games. lol

I love Guilty Gear and BlazBlue but I'm never any good at them and just can't seem to ever be. About the only traditional 2D fighting game I was ever kinda good at was Gundam Battle Assault 2......... GUNDAM HAMMER!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

j00t

Smash Champion
What other fighting games do you play?

And you've always got Avalanche lol.
Other fighting games that I PLAY... for FUN... uhmm....

SF4, POWER STONE ZOMG, Marvel vs. Capcom (2 sucks ***), etc. etc.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I could play for a couple of hours (12:30ish until 3:30) if people wanted to come here.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm okay with hosting a smashfest as well.

Mslano, come to my place and bring a setup so we can get some doubles/singles practice.

Come over anytime.

2573 Mountain Lodge Circle
Vestavia Hills, AL
Apartment C

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I didn't think the Thunder Plains was that bad. There are points on the map where lightning strikes twice, so I stood there and would get like 50 dodges in a row, then i'd take a 5 minute break and keep my eyes and hands fresh. It doesn't take as long as you'd think, and it's well worth it. Lulu is insane with her ultimate weapon. Doublecast is quite nice.

The one I refused to get was Wakka's weapon, cuz I didn't want to sit there and play THAT much Blitzball. I hated that game. Wakka sucks anyway.

j00t

Smash Champion
Wakka is one of the best characters in the game, what you talking about son!

Wakka wakka wakka!

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Every time I think about joining in on these Smashfests, I'm at work or sleeping or something. Plus, I'm probably really rusty.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
those characters suck.
haha Slam just hates those characters cause they are annoying. I used to hate Pit but then discovered that he wasn't as good as I originally thought, but still pretty annoying.

When you think about it most characters in Brawl have a really annoying feature to them...

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
haha Slam just hates those characters cause they are annoying. I used to hate Pit but then discovered that he wasn't as good as I originally thought, but still pretty annoying.

When you think about it most characters in Brawl have a really annoying feature to them...
I main Diddy :)

Any smasheres in Tuscaloosa want to smash this weekend?
I have this very strange feeling Ingulit will want to play.
What Daniel said, if I was in town this past weekend ;_; WTB Rain check, except Wednesday starts Fall Break. Perhaps we could all do something epic on Tuesday? I could host people in my dorm, but I only have one TV (and really only have room for one TV), so we could switch to teams if a lot of people show up (I don't like teams tho :(). But then again, I'm not thinking that many will show up :laugh: It'd have to be at a set time though, so that one group doesn't leave as another arrives (like what happened last time!).

Munkus, I was looking for some Tuscaloosa smashers a few months ago, but I only found one. How many people are active smashers in Tuscaloosa anyhow?
Me! I think you know that though >.>

Oh, and since it was mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm Ryan btw.

Top Bottom