• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Anime

Smash Journeyman
It's crazy unstable, and finishing it/ using it in tournaments through a knee jerk reaction is the wrong thing to do at the moment. It's best to keep playing 3.6 for the next few months and see how everything plays out.

That said, man is Lyn crazy fun.

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
Lyn would be an excellent addition she feels like the all around FE character. Marth's speed, Roy's Combo game, with a little bit of Ike's power.

Knuckles is fun too, he's pretty polished as well, his down b hitbox is pretty garbage (or at least I haven't figured it out) People were saying he's kind of op, but I don't see it. His vertical recovery is a little lacking imo. Maybe nerf side bs horizontal momentum and I think he is pretty much green lighted, besides some aesthetic things like taunts and victory animations.

Overall I think we should have one final community build with the alt costumes,(I want my Roy alt my dudes) bug fixes, Knuckles and Lyn. After that I think every one in the community would be satisfied. Who knows how it will go though.

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
It's crazy unstable, and finishing it/ using it in tournaments through a knee jerk reaction is the wrong thing to do at the moment. It's best to keep playing 3.6 for the next few months and see how everything plays out.

That said, man is Lyn crazy fun.
New characters were still pretty far from done, but the other stuff was ready to go. There was some stuff that hasn't been leaked that was only left out of 3.61 because we didn't want to affect balance too much.

Anime

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough on everything else. I was more talking about the new characters.

Edit: what do you think of the situation Metmetm3t Metmetm3t ?

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I'm pretty disappointed. We were planning on doing a lot of great things. New menu's, new character icons, new HUD, new stages. We also had a great gameplan for going through and reevaluating every character and getting the balance even better. 3.6 and whatever shakes out for "3.61" are great so I can't be too upset about what we have though.

What's really concerning to me is the potential ramifications for the motions that led to this. It goes without saying that is is all a part of a bigger move by Nintendo. I would have gone down with the ship, but they clearly scared enough of our guys to get them to their dinghies. We were the main thing standing in their way so get ready for some kind of vgc where Nintendo of Japan runs everything and sets the rules. Lots of big money and esports and all that woohoo.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I doubt it'll be a ****ty VGC turn out. Smash fans are to grassroots to let that happen. That's why PM didn't shut down becaus of Nintendo. I already think the standard 2 stock for national and larger tournaments are bad but it won't become boring Pokemon style rules.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I doubt it'll be a ****ty VGC turn out. Smash fans are to grassroots to let that happen. That's why PM didn't shut down becaus of Nintendo. I already think the standard 2 stock for national and larger tournaments are bad but it won't become boring Pokemon style rules.
Sorry Mahg you're just wrong. For legal reasons most of the PMDT won't say that it was because of Nintendo. The truth is a little complicated, but we wouldn't have disbanded over anything less. This has everything to do with a credible threat to our tiny individual pocketbooks in a game where Nintendo holds all the cards. No one could afford that and the biggest members of the DT who had the most to lose and the shortest route to loosing it threw their hands up, and understandably so.

also lol at trying to make this conversation about Smash 4. By rules I mean they are going to be trying everything they can to control the TOs even more than they already do, pushing anything that goes against their branding to the fringes.

Last edited:

Anime

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we will know more about what made Nintendo get so aggresive in the direct coming up.

NNID
MasterIcarus7
Metmetm3t Metmetm3t what I want to know is how much progress had been made on Isaac and Sami.

Now on the subject of "Evolution" I believe this is a great step, and the lack of exclusitivity (not hating on the PMDT) allows generally all brawl modders to get on the project.

S£NPAI S£NPAI Im right with you bro, beautiful character design.

I know it seems decimal percentage unlikely, but maybe PM will get picked up by Nintendo somewhere along the way. After all, that's what happened with DoTA and TF2. :crying: RIP the PM dream.

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Metmetm3t Metmetm3t what I want to know is how much progress had been made on Isaac and Sami.

Now on the subject of "Evolution" I believe this is a great step, and the lack of exclusitivity (not hating on the PMDT) allows generally all brawl modders to get on the project.

S£NPAI S£NPAI Im right with you bro, beautiful character design.

I know it seems decimal percentage unlikely, but maybe PM will get picked up by Nintendo somewhere along the way. After all, that's what happened with DoTA and TF2. :crying: RIP the PM dream.
Knuckles had some time put in but I would put him as the only character that we had in a working state. His animations are unpolished, but they were all pretty close to final. By comparison Lyn's moveset was still very experimental. The other character ideas were just that. They technically had builds that were put together, but they were complete brawl vault trash.

Your evolution idea shows how young you are, and new to the scene. We had that once. It was called Brawl+ and it imploded because no one agreed on what should be done and what should be official.

PM will never go the way of DoTA. Nintendo HATES us. We aren't some cool fan project, we are hackers and copyright infringers in their eyes. That being said, I think there is a future for PM. There are things in the work right. The DT guys are close so they won't be just dispersing into their own little corners and stop working.

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
At the very least I think 3.6.1 should be accepted as the final form by the community. Some characters need bugfixes.

I think it's pretty enevitable that people are gonna eventually do something with the dev build somewhere down the line, once this blows over.

Last edited:

SuperFangChan

Practice more.
I think 3.6 should be final. Making community updates is a pretty bad idea in my opinion. If people actually decide to make a 3.61, it opens the door for making 3.62, 3.63, and so on. The game would lose focus and suffer a lot of the same problems Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl suffered. I don't trust the smash community to have the original PMDT's professionalism.

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
I think 3.6 should be final. Making community updates is a pretty bad idea in my opinion. If people actually decide to make a 3.61, it opens the door for making 3.62, 3.63, and so on. The game would lose focus and suffer a lot of the same problems Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl suffered. I don't trust the smash community to have the original PMDT's professionalism.
3.61 already exists, it's the "halloween build" found here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NewPMDT/comments/3v6co7/dev_build_discovery_thread/

Whatever people do with PM from this point on is irrelevant to me since I only play it for fun, but you can't keep a game tournament-focused if there's buttloads of different builds people consider the "best version" and nobody can agree on an official version to play at tourneys.

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
i was just wandering which scene is the biggest sm4sh melee or pm :138:
Depends on where you are. Like Birmingham is pretty big on Smash 4 and Melee not so much PM, Tuscaloosa is pretty big on all of them, Auburn is pretty big on PM and I guess they have Melee players too now, Huntsville is pretty big on all of them with a bit more emphasis on Smash 4, and Mobile looks like they're big on Melee.

Last edited:
Top Bottom