• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
they arent gonna drop pm lol. It brings in a lot of people. I want smash 4 there too, but I think there'll be a lack of wiiu's for the tournament.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so i like Wii Fit Trainer a lot but im pretty sure she's not a good character. no range, lacks KO power. but there's still some figuring out to be done

also why does peach's fair not floatcancel anymore WTF

Last edited:

_Keno_

Smash Lord
wii fit trainer is wonky, but I think her weird angles have a value that needs to be found out.

Peach is more laggy, but has even better hitboxes now. I'm not going to be play her though.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Cheap not using Peach? I guess everyone is starting anew when it comes to characters that aren't past diddy mains

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Reflex would be a good person to talk to. He's been using Jiggs and stomping competitors at the Georgia events

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
So I didn't get Smash 4 Wii U cuz the game felt like it was going in a ****ty direction. Took the time to look at some recent videos, still not really feeling it.

I feel like I would play P:M 3.5 if there was actually a way to play people online n ****.

I guess I'll still go to tournaments from time to time just to play and whatnot. Is Mobile the only consistent tournament or is the BIO thing a real shindig?

EDIT: However, I did get a PS4, and I will prolly be getting that SF5 when that **** drops.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
BIO had a solid turnout yesterday, Huntsville may be growing, and Yes, Mobile is still actively hosting events

edit: Bit of a side note, but after yesterday's tournament I'm pretty sure that if AL smash were a series Ryker would be the main protagonist who gets the beatings starting off while trying to aim to be the best, and Zoma would be the villain because the dude is clearly Harry Osborn from the Spider-Man movie.

Last edited:

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
BIO had a solid turnout yesterday, Huntsville may be growing, and Yes, Mobile is still actively hosting events

edit: Bit of a side note, but after yesterday's tournament I'm pretty sure that if AL smash were a series Ryker would be the main protagonist who gets the beatings starting off while trying to aim to be the best, and Zoma would be the villain because the dude is clearly Harry Osborn from the Spider-Man movie.
Dane DeHaan or James Franco?

Zylo

Smash Journeyman

Does that make me the sandman? because **** that.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
well with Nintendo dropping balance patches every few weeks on little-to-no notice, I would be scared to stick with a character like that too.
I'm not scared of a nerf. Like I want to play Diddy but I don't find it fun where I'm just going to poop on people because my character is better than 90% of the cast. Diddy had trade offs in Brawl and his playstyle fit what I wanted to do. Now it's just like hey throw a banana with no fear cause it only has 2 throws then dthrow-uair.

Diddy is too free right now for me to enjoy him. I'd rather place mediocre and have fun than to get wins because my character is free.

NinKenDo64

Smash Apprentice
I'm not scared of a nerf. Like I want to play Diddy but I don't find it fun where I'm just going to poop on people because my character is better than 90% of the cast. Diddy had trade offs in Brawl and his playstyle fit what I wanted to do. Now it's just like hey throw a banana with no fear cause it only has 2 throws then dthrow-uair.

Diddy is too free right now for me to enjoy him. I'd rather place mediocre and have fun than to get wins because my character is free.
I respect your sportsmanship friend. +5 man points!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Now I dunno if it's just me being experience hungry or anything but as the only Diddy player in the state, I can't deny that you swapping over could possibly hurt the state in gaining matchup experience. So if you're swapping mains over sportsmanship reasons it'd be like a double edged sword

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I mean, I'll make you work hard regardless of what character you're playing. Just play who you enjoy playing. I feel like as long as you feel there are new things to learn and improve on, what's important is what character(s) feel(s) most right for you.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
The tournament was super fun, yeah I wanted to make at least top 5 while settling a grudge match in bracket against Will_ and failed at meeting both but not gettin there gave me a bit of insight. I'm not where I want to be in Sm4sh right now is something that HaSL showed me. Between decisions and lack of being fluid with my characters pretty much means I'm still clawing at that door that speedster me from "above average" players. So after HP I'll have to find more things to study and try to formulate a new plan to deal with Higher level players.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Id like to believe that a Brawl turnout would be terribly low as a turnout all around the state. Id still play it, but yes I put more focus on Sm4sh.

Also nice to see the mobile gang and friends. Had some good games and looking forward to seeing you guys around

Top Bottom