• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
why do all you guys say gain exp offline?
if you dont suck youll just adjust.

anyways.
zss
run away and do that long smash thingy idk what smash it is bc i dont play ZSS bc THAT IS A GAY CHARECTER

so is GW

god i hate that sack of **** in brawl.
he can like do anything.
it you are willing to go to full extremities and play GW to his FULL gayness he is by far one of the gayest chars.
i had this gw that rolled around me and still was able to punish stuff.
thats just stupid.
luckily no one uses him offline for some reason though.

and sonic.
what on gods green planet made the creators of brawl think it was a good idea to give someone a move that can last as long as they want it to and that can have any move come out if it and be unavoidable also.

idk what game you guys are playing but mk is one of the less gay chars in this god forsaken free for all of stupidity.
he has pretty **** generic **** that is next to useless w/o mindgames.
chars like gw and olimar can pretty much go their entire existance without a need for mindgames at all bc they are just ABSURDLY ********.
learn a chain of attack and repeat them with half way decent spacing for the rest of your smash career and you will do decent.
also about another 5 or so chars can do the same.
game and watch sucks.
i hate the incinvibility of his recovery though.
most of these characters if you're patient enough to see past their bull**** trixies you're usually ok.
GW is such a gimmicky one-dimensional character but its easy to get frustrated fighting him if you're impatient.

olimar is dumb. f-smash got blocked? no prob, just throw another one.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
naw, she can footstool you during her down-b (the range of the footstool during her down-b is HUGE).

Sleepyk, help me fix my wiiiiii

Once I have updated homebrew, how do I use usb to play brawl?
cioses
usb loaders

why do all you guys say gain exp offline?
if you dont suck youll just adjust.

anyways.
zss
run away and do that long smash thingy idk what smash it is bc i dont play ZSS bc THAT IS A GAY CHARECTER

so is GW

god i hate that sack of **** in brawl.
he can like do anything.
it you are willing to go to full extremities and play GW to his FULL gayness he is by far one of the gayest chars.
i had this gw that rolled around me and still was able to punish stuff.
thats just stupid.
luckily no one uses him offline for some reason though.

and sonic.
what on gods green planet made the creators of brawl think it was a good idea to give someone a move that can last as long as they want it to and that can have any move come out if it and be unavoidable also.

idk what game you guys are playing but mk is one of the less gay chars in this god forsaken free for all of stupidity.
he has pretty **** generic **** that is next to useless w/o mindgames.
chars like gw and olimar can pretty much go their entire existance without a need for mindgames at all bc they are just ABSURDLY ********.
learn a chain of attack and repeat them with half way decent spacing for the rest of your smash career and you will do decent.
also about another 5 or so chars can do the same.
exp offline because lots of people assume they can wifi for offline
you kinda can
but it's a lot faster offline

you have to press a lot of different buttons more rapidly than most characters with zss. just cuz she's a very quick characters
metaknight is quick too, but you don't really use that much of his moveset, except in certain situations so its not hard.
zss is constantly mixing **** up the whole match using her whole moveset to catch the opponent off guard.
i mean some zss jus spam retreating forward b's but that doesn't get you that far.

its brawl nothing is "technically demanding". maybe that's the wrong word.

but most characters don't move that fluidly around and can go from move to move seamlessly, i think zss is one of the few that appears to because of her relatively low windown lag for most of her movies
yea i agree to some extent
but still not that much

game and watch sucks.
i hate the incinvibility of his recovery though.
most of these characters if you're patient enough to see past their bull**** trixies you're usually ok.
GW is such a gimmicky one-dimensional character but its easy to get frustrated fighting him if you're impatient.

olimar is dumb. f-smash got blocked? no prob, just throw another one.
idk ally lost to vinnie

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
mc,

Yeahhss! We're going to AWA Sat.

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY SLEEPY! We just got back from NC last night; had sooo much fun, sure you will too as long as you watch out for the crackheads when you go through Charlotte. Also, DON'T WAIT TIL NC TO GET MORE GAS!! IT'S LIKE 15 CENTS CHEAPER IN SC! It adds up.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
what is the carpool situation for siege?
I don't think we even have carpools planned yet.

I mean we're not even sure if Emily will even be here for Zero's usual carpool to happen. I'm not sure what my status will be for when that date comes. I may still be on lockdown then. Janitor doesn't have a ride, and I don't think George is driving there. As far as Hunstsville goes if Moogle isn't going to make the journey I don't think others from there will. Auburn may be the only area with a definite carpool atm.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I want to be the very best
That only Reflex ever was.
To beat them is my test
To **** them is my cause.
I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide.
Each Brawl character to understand
The power that's insiiiiiiide
Smash Bros. Brawl!
Gotta main main 'em (It's you and me)
I know it's my destiny! (Smash Bro's Brawl)
OOHHHHH No one's my friend in a world i must defend
(Smash Bros. Brawl)
Gotta use 'em all ( A rock so cooooool)
Their courage will pull me through.
You (Reflex) teach me and I'll teach you
POOOOO-KAAAAAAYYYYYY-MOOOON (Trainer)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
That's a hot avatar, you got there.

Still have no idea where that's from, do you?
I do, I started the series last weekend.

It's from Neon Genesis o:

It wasn't as near as long as I thought it would be, I just have to get over the old animation and try and appreciate it more. heh

Edit: What number? Your FC? If that's what you're referring to then no because I have a new wii. I would add you but Zero Gamer grounded me from Wi-Fi forever. (He has my wii).

Vinnie

Smash Master
idk ally's falco lost to vinnie
Fixed! Real talk though, G&W does NOT suck -_- he's very viable but has some bull**** match-ups like ICs and Marth. But with a secondary to handle these, he's fine. I have a lot more wins with G&W to be proud of to prove he's very viable :).

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
I do, I started the series last weekend.

It's from Neon Genesis o:

It wasn't as near as long as I thought it would be, I just have to get over the old animation and try and appreciate it more. heh
Oh God, EoE still disturbs me even though I have seen worse. But back then I hadn't. lol

moogle

Smash Ace
.̷͗͗̌͗͑̓ͨ̿̑́͡҉̵͕̞̖̦͇̗̰̼͔.̡̧͎͎̰̠̲̩͉̠̯̗̙̳̫̻̍̓͌͂̃̓ͪͨ̂ ̑͊̕.̴̙̖̻̘̭̠̜̗͕̬͖͈̪͈͋͛ͥ͛̑̑͛͗ͪ͢͢.͆ͮ͂̋̌̏̄͗̚҉͙̲͈̦͉̥͖̻̣ ̲͎̦̹͢.̠͍̘̥̲͚͍̯̝̲̺̖̦̫̟ͭ̊͊̋͋́͗̎ͯͤ͘͢.̾̽͌ͭͯͮ͏̶̵͓̰̹̩̪͍̘ ̱̼͈̗̙̮̟̤̼̖́ͅͅ.̴̶̶̧̨͕͍̠͒̐͆̆́ͫ͐́́.̶̼̫̣͎̪̺͈̥̣̩̯̤͚̿͒̇ͮ ̔͝ͅ.̐͗̃̐̆̂̌͌͐̈͘͏͏̨҉̟̼̰̹̼͖͖̩ͅ.̴̡̡͚̜̩̦̒̏ͬ̉́̾ͦͨ̒.̨̻̟̲ ̜̞̯̻͖͚̫̬̭͈̦̮ͪ̅ͬ̓͌͆̌̈́̄͑̀̒̂̊͒̓ͥ͆̚͢͠.̽ͩ̿ͨͦͥ̄̃ͫͣ͌̈́̉͐ ͤ̈́̚҉̧̛̰͈͕͉̭̩̪̫.ͮ̈́̎ͭ̔̆̾҉̶̢̺̼͍̝̰̼̻͍̭̼̮͈.̸́ͧ̉̍̋ͦ̓̄̊ ̅ͤ̎̇͐̚͏͓̪̲̫̣̜̪̮̯͚͙̭̫̪͡.̢̡͓̝̲̥̖̩̥̬̙̣̤̾̉ͨͨ͌͌̓͑͘͞͡.̛͚ ͓̼̤̠̼̤̔ͫ̆̄ͥ͂.̸̰͉̣̳̠̣̞͍͖̣͍̠̭̫̺͍͙̊ͫ̆̊͊̐̆ͣ͂̍̄̀ͫͨ̉́̚.̷ ̫̹͚̏ͭ͑͗͆ͤͤ͛͊ͪ͆ͨ̀͘.̸̗̘̙͕̥̥̳͍̈́ͧ̍̂̀̌͐̍͒͒̽ͤ͟͜͝.̈́̀̓ͦ̓ ͯ͜͞͏͙̠̺̲͎̺̻̹̖̻̖̻̦.̗̮͙̣̽ͮͤͭ̊̍̐ͮ͊͐̈ͥ̀ͭͩ͂͜͝.̢̡̳̙̲̭̯̼͙ ̦̯͈͖͔͇̜̱̃́̎̌̿́ͭ͘͞.̵̿̋̍́̄̐͢͏̹͈̲͖̜̪͉̀.ͦͫ̈́͂͑͒ͫ̉͆̂͊ͬ͐ ̅͐͏̜̪̦̘͓͕̟̱̹̩̻͙͎̯̜̭̤͙́.̓ͬͤͦ͐̃̚̚͠͏̳̹͖̭̦̼͚͎͕̟͇̞̥͓͚͜ͅ ͅͅͅ.̨́̍̒̌̽̍ͩ̈́̽͆̄͌̿̅͂̆̽̔̓́҉̞͔̠͓̜̰̜̳.̴̨̏ͬͣ̀ͫ͞͞͏͚̪̘͎ ̫̤̥̮͕̣̺̞.̸̧͇̦̤͚̦̙͉̜̪̳͍͕̬ͮ͗͑̃͗̆̓ͯͣ͌̄̓̐̑̚.̷̣͇̼̜͇͋̒͊̍ ͑ͣ͌̑̆̿̆̑͛̓̈́̓ͤ̚͝͝ͅ.̛̛̳̭̪̙̜͖̱̝ͫ̉̇̉͐̄ͧ̏̈́̈̉ͥͦͦ̍̆ͤ́͟. ̋̑̒ͭ̿ͥ͌̑҉̵̛̱͎̭̫̙̩̼͖̙̹͙͍̤̤̺̘̟̳̤͘.̵̭̥͍̪͎͚̲͖͙͚͇̖͙̞̹̗͖ ̱͕́ͨͪͫͮ̈͐͗ͥ̔̃̏̌͆ͬ̿͂͑̉͟.͇͕͍͇̭͍̥̹̫͙͎̪̩̹̒̆ͤͯͭ́̈͝͝.̢̰͉ ͖͉̟̬̮̣̣̲̻͚͎̺͉̰̋͒̋͊̎̆͂̅̐͛̀ͮ.̴̧͖̖͖̱̞̫͍̦̟̮̺̿̈̉̐̊̔̾̀̈̕ ͟͝ͅ.̶̢͔̹̰̣̝̞͍̮̝͔͖̟̱̱̗͇͊ͦͪ͑͂̽̄ͮ̌ͣ̽̀͒̽ͥ̑͒̓́͟.̨̞̣͎̭̮͍ ͓̲̲̻̔̓̄̉ͮ̑̏ͤ́͢.̶͉͈̩̘̹̠̦̭͖̝̄̿ͤͨͯ̅ͤ̌̀͌ͫ̓̽͐͝.ͦ̍̈ͫ̊̑̈҉ ̥͙̳̳̝̬̹̰́ͅ.̸̢̧̦̺͓͈̱͉͕̖̪̦̗̹͚̫̮̥͚ͮ̏ͪ̉̍̄̔ͯͥ̍ͣ̐͢͡.̴̶̯͎ ̠͚̙͔̯̖̘̘̳͖͙͖̹̼̆͗̅͗͊ͭ̅͒̑ͣ̅͑.̵ͣ͒ͨ̓͌͌ͣ̊̌ͣ̀̈́͛͐ͬ̌͑̊̚҉̴ ̡̰̙̩̰̦̝̖̲.̸̴̧͍̠̻͎̼̟͈͔ͬͦ̽͌̀̚̕.̛̫͓̦͚̻͙̠̼͉̳͖́̈́̊̅̓ͬ̓͂ ͛̔̽̚̕.͔̬̳̙͈͙͖̱̙͚̰̇͐̇̚̚̕͟.̴͕̹͙̼̺̝̩̥̰̻͓͍͎͔̥̹̼͌ͨ͐̉̍̾ͬ ̓ͫ̔́.̯̲̪̳ͯ́͂ͯ̽ͤ̃͘͢.̷̵̣̱̥̻͇ͪ̄͑͒ͨ͗̈́̃̍͊ͮͮ͒́͜.ͧ̌ͥ̓͆͛̀ ̎̉͐͊ͧ̉͒̒̇͐͑̚͏̙̙͓̳̼̪̘̲̀͡͞.̵̶͎͔̯̞̬̣͙̞̤̳̤̽͋͛ͮ̒̑ͯ̽ͭ̌̾͂ ̓͆̈́̎͐́̚.̛͎̬͕͓̳̬̘͎͓̝̱͎̥ͬ̅̂̋̏ͪ͆ͯͣͩ͂͊̽̉̈́̂̅̚͘ͅ.̷͇͉̬̲ ̝͚͉̬̰̠̫̠͖̯̎ͯ̅͒ͤ̍ͣ̌̌̆̾ͮ͆͐̆̀̕͡͝ͅ.̸̪͔͙̺̦͖̦̫̗̮͛̅̓ͤ́ͅ.̴ ̢̧ͬ͗ͨ̆̈͊̚҉̗̗̫̜̩̤͢.̴͇̟͈̮͔͆͒ͯ̆̂̚̕͞.̨̼̞̝̜̬̖͓͇̺̼̤̰̱͍͓͂ ̀̈ͦ̌̒ͥ̍͑̾ͪ̎̍͂ͮͦ͘͞͡.͋ͤͧ͋͒ͨ̔̐͋̓́͟͏͎̘̟̱̞͎͜.̶̸̴̳͓͈̻̠̬̬ ̲̮͇͕̔̎ͩ̓̃͒̽̀̐̅̌ͨͦͩͮ́́̋.̋ͫ̔ͦ҉̧͏͓̙̘͖̝͇̦͉̲͖͎̤̟̩̜ͅ.̷̡̯ ̰̻͇̓̌͑ͯ̌̑͐̋͜.̴ͤ̈́͊̃̉̍̓̌ͣ͗̀͏̢͖̲̦̮͈̲̫͓͔͟.̡̮̮̻̲͎͓̱̭̤̲ ̝͔̠̰͉̣͖̺͛̊ͨ̓̓̎̈́̾͆̌͌͒̏͋̾ͣ͞.̶̥̥̰̗̯̘̤͕̝̰́̽̂̊̍ͫ̒ͫ͆̄̚͘ .̢̻̤̝͓̘͈̠̀̽ͫͥ͜.̶͑͑̓͌̒̆̉͌͛҉̷̲̗͎͚.̴̢̨͍̝̖̬̗̝̺̝̱̙̞̯͈̦̠ ̣̯͂̀̐̌ͤ̓̏́ͭ̂̽̍͗ͬ͐̾ͨ́͜ͅ.̵̷̵̝̪͚̪͕̣̳͔̼͚̼̦͖̏ͦͤ̆̀̾ͣ̅ͮͯ̋ ͣ̐̂͟.̶̥̣͉̱̙̦̹͓̝̜͚̜̬̭̠̖ͣ͋̎̋̔̃̂̈̀ͨ̚͡.̇̎ͭ̉͒͆̾̆̍ͥ̀͆ͨ̔̐ ͑̾̌̚͠҉̜̺̱̻͕̦͇͎̯̤̺͖̺͙͞͠͞ͅ.̉̄ͬ̏͑͐̎ͭ̉͊ͨ̔̅̈̓҉̛̳̩̻̱̜͚̘̻ ̺̫̪͈͎́͝.̸̦̣̪̮̘̦̯̥̝̞̟͂͂̔̏̿ͩ͋̋̌͂̐͊ͨ̄͂͘͞ͅ.̷̵̪̹̭̹̦̝͚̭͍ ̝̪͎̼͈ͯ̂ͥͧͯ͊̚.̨̬͚̟̻̭̫̜̝͙̰͖̰̟͕͙̤̱̫͋̃̒̊̾̐ͬ͊̏̏ͥ͐̐̓͜͜͞͝
omg halp

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
i want to change my brawl tag. any suggestions
SpicyTaco

edit:

Fixed! Real talk though, G&W does NOT suck -_- he's very viable but has some bull**** match-ups like ICs and Marth. But with a secondary to handle these, he's fine. I have a lot more wins with G&W to be proud of to prove he's very viable :).
Every character is viable then, I suppose, if you've got a pocket secondary like say.... MK... to take care of your main's bad matchups. :)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the only matchup i'm scared of is olimar. and i'm determined to figure out how to beat him with snake.

alot of snake mains are dropping snake now because all these random characters claim to have even or favorable matchups with him, which strongly suggests he's not really number 2 on the tier list.

personally i think he's not number 2 but he's still probably top 5. snake is a beast tho, i like snake because he forces me to make good reads and get the jump on my opponent, and I get rewarded almost excessively when i do.

im interested in learning more characters though...but snake has most of my problems covered...im picking up marth, but i dont really know how much thre is actually to learn with him.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
the only matchup i'm scared of is olimar. and i'm determined to figure out how to beat him with snake.

alot of snake mains are dropping snake now because all these random characters claim to have even or favorable matchups with him, which strongly suggests he's not really number 2 on the tier list.

personally i think he's not number 2 but he's still probably top 5. snake is a beast tho, i like snake because he forces me to make good reads and get the jump on my opponent, and I get rewarded almost excessively when i do.

im interested in learning more characters though...but snake has most of my problems covered...im picking up marth, but i dont really know how much thre is actually to learn with him.
But who would be #2 then? I think Snake is better than Falco and Diddy.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
But who would be #2 then? I think Snake is better than Falco and Diddy.
i think falco is better than snake. and i also think IC's are potentially better than snake.

i dont know enough about diddy, really.

i think snake is kind of like spacies in melee. like a lot of random mid and low tiers have developed strategies against him to lessen the gap in the matchup, but he's so good against many high tiers than he's considered one of the best characters

but you got dudes like falco and marth and IC's who wreck everyone of all tiers

i just notice zelda is third from the bottom, is she really that bad?

Vinnie

Smash Master
SpicyTaco

edit:

Every character is viable then, I suppose, if you've got a pocket secondary like say.... MK... to take care of your main's bad matchups. :)
If you're using a majority of your secondary to cover your main's bad match-ups, then... that's not your main >.>

If you use ICs to cover 2 or 3 or 4 bad matchups but 80%+ of the main, your main's viable.

imo.

Why would I mostly main G&W and secondary ICs anyway? Why wouldn't I main ICs 100% to begin with? lol

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
IC's is just waiting for a player who knows how to play the game rather than a player who only knows how to chain grab.

I think IC's can take a bad player to the top quicker than any other character in the game. which is part of why i think their among the best in the game. I think even potentially better than metaknight. i mean, mk had advantages over them in most aspects, but they can kill him with one grab. i think that wins.

but there are really no really smart IC players. its just pepole jumping around blizzarding waiting to land a grab. which will take you to a certain point, but not to the top of the tiers

its sort of what happened with dedede. players whole strat is grab grab grab grab grab. i mean eventually you'll get a grab, but against high caliber players, you're going to die before you get enough to win the match.

you have to play the game. and use their broken ability to take your stock off of a grab as a utility, and not as the only focus of your whole gameplan

and when that happens ill probably quit brawl lol

Vinnie

Smash Master
theonejanitor.... you're really wrong lol

ICs being a character to carry lesser players to a higher level doesn't make them a good character.

MK is definitely the best character. ICs are still really **** good though... and there are plenty of smart IC players. ICs a lot more than 'just grabs'.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
lol a character who makes a bad player good doesnt make them a good character?
okayy

and if ic's couldn't kill you with a grab, they'd be mid tier at most, and you wouldnt seem them in the top 20 of mlg tournaments most likely

almost every stock taken by an ice climber player is done through chain grabs
i'd say about 85% of them

ic's have a pretty good moveset dont get me wrong.
but its not optimal to do anything than try to land grabs

Top Bottom