• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i just ate food from a melted styrofoam container and i can feel something stuck in my throat.
if i die please let people know that this is how i died and not off of the morphine they will find in my system.

/hypochrondria

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Fight Slam~

Janitor, I think the money used on our ps3 was probably one of the bigger wastes. Only my youngest brother plays the thing.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I just want to let everyone know that there will be a brawl tournament in Huntsville, AL on June 25th. We are sorting out a few details before we make the thread, but we already have the venue reserved. The thread should come sometime this weekend. I'm telling you this now because I want to give you as much notice as possible.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i am going to start secondarying wario and quit with all this ddd and wolf nonsense.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Pokémon VGC in Atlanta on the Saturday after next. Who's coming?

I hope to see Joel and Keith (GDX). Should be a lot of fun. I think I have something nice cooked up, and it isn't gimmicky this time!

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Our tournament thread is up. There is no venue fee and the entry fee for brawl singles will be free if you register online. We will have the website for that online in the next few days, and at that time I will explain it in more detail. We are essentially trying to change some things about the AL brawl community, so please try to work with us. We are also guaranteeing a set first place prize of $300 for Brawl singles because of our sponsors. Literally, if everyone signs up online and gets their entry fee waved, the grand prizes will still be set at $300 for first, $100 for second, and $25 for third. Hype this up guys!

Here is the thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303951

*Cam*

Smash Lord
BEASTING. i like what you're doing here.
this makes me want to find a bham venue and do something similar.
Without giving too much away, we are working on something that could change the face of the brawl community if we are successful. We want to start the trend of getting sponsorship, but we will probably have to look more official. The people who are helping me get the prize money want players to register and create bios on the new website that will be up in the next few days. This will help us get sponsorship and possibly increase prizes in the future. It will allow us to attract more players. Hopefully, our infrastructure will be good enough to help people find venues and sponsors all over the state (and perhaps eventually the country if we are successful). It is ridiculously easy to get sponsored I hear, but I'm not in charge of that part. Needless to say, a condition of getting us such a large prize money was allowing them to set up a website for us with said bios. They are mainly Starcraft II players, so they are trying to create a similar system to Starcraft II leagues, which is much more organized and gets a lot more hype than we do.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
is there gonna be dubz?
i wanna get allll my friends to come because their excuse is always "i dont wanna waste money."

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
The bad thing is there's no way my parents are gonna let me go. And there's no real lie I could tell that would let me be out all day and with no real quick way home. Why does Huntsville have to be 2 hours away.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
The bad thing is there's no way my parents are gonna let me go. And there's no real lie I could tell that would let me be out all day and with no real quick way home. Why does Huntsville have to be 2 hours away.
That's too bad Mahg. Your parents still tell you if you can go out of town?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hey dude, lets just make arrangements for you to spend the weekend with me. If need be I'll just get my Mom to stop by and talk to them. :/ She's a cop anyway.

Chances are my Brother and I are going to head down to Hunstsville so your ride is already planned out as well.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm done. I quit. Lot's of people have hated Marvel vs. Capcom 3 at first, but eventually came to like it.

I am not one of these people.

The game is just bad, really bad. I can't force myself to like it and I never will. Thumbs down.

But I love mango habanero pizza.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Without giving too much away, we are working on something that could change the face of the brawl community if we are successful. We want to start the trend of getting sponsorship, but we will probably have to look more official. The people who are helping me get the prize money want players to register and create bios on the new website that will be up in the next few days. This will help us get sponsorship and possibly increase prizes in the future. It will allow us to attract more players. Hopefully, our infrastructure will be good enough to help people find venues and sponsors all over the state (and perhaps eventually the country if we are successful). It is ridiculously easy to get sponsored I hear, but I'm not in charge of that part. Needless to say, a condition of getting us such a large prize money was allowing them to set up a website for us with said bios. They are mainly Starcraft II players, so they are trying to create a similar system to Starcraft II leagues, which is much more organized and gets a lot more hype than we do.
Cam, you and I need to talk

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
ill just cuddle next to you <3
Dude, the only car where I don't have the SleepyK rule in effect is my own. I'm sooooo being in the front seat.

In another car though... <3

Edit: I also need to know like soon if we're deciding on FL or LA (And what type of carpooling we're doing) . My savings are kind of depending on the decision lol

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
It's not going out of town. Like if I said oh me and friends wanna go some where they'd be like oh ok, but me saying hey I'm going to Huntsville to play a game they'd say no. And since I've only been working for like a week they'd question where the money came from and stuff like that. My parents are too strict.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
It's not going out of town. Like if I said oh me and friends wanna go some where they'd be like oh ok, but me saying hey I'm going to Huntsville to play a game they'd say no. And since I've only been working for like a week they'd question where the money came from and stuff like that. My parents are too strict.
I get it. Tough break.

Top Bottom