• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I love women too much to live without them. The thing with me though, is that they have to standout in some way for me to be interested. Whether that be physically or they be really cool, they have to standout. I hate when girls where too much make up though. Regardless of how amazing a girl may be, if they wear too much make up, i will not be interested...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I have never gotten to know a female in my life who didn't piss me the **** off.
sometimes they start off nice, but they always flip the **** out on you.

sometimes I wish I was gay.

but then again, most of the gay guys I have met are just as catty and bull**** as girls are.

maybe i'm just unlucky.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
sometimes I wish I was gay.

but then again, most of the gay guys I have met are just as catty and bull**** as girls are.
No you don't. And I hope you're not counting me in that tally.

i dont feel gay.
sorry, duchok.
It's okay

If I wasn't so ignorant back then I would still be a virgin, and PROUD to be.
Being a virgin doesn't make you any better or any worse than anyone else. People who play the virginity piety card on other people are the biggest dummies in the world. It just means you're not exploring a natural part of the human condition, lack of sex drive aside (cause asexual people do exist).

I feel better having someone to fall asleep with compared to having someone to have sex with. It's not important. These past five nights have been amazing. I have no clue what I'm going to do Wednesday night.
This.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I feel better having someone to fall asleep with compared to having someone to have sex with. It's not important. These past five nights have been amazing. I have no clue what I'm going to do Wednesday night.
I feel like I would like this better too, it just appeals to me more than sex...

And Duchock should come to more tournaments.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Being a virgin doesn't make you any better or any worse than anyone else. People who play the virginity piety card on other people are the biggest dummies in the world. It just means you're not exploring a natural part of the human condition, lack of sex drive aside (cause asexual people do exist).
Sex complicates things... To a level that makes you wish you hadn't. At least when your like 15 and the person thinks she/hes gonna spend the rest of her/his life with you... Wait until they are like 30. (and don't already have a BF V_V')

I feel like I would like this better too, it just appeals to me more than sex...

And Duchock should come to more tournaments.
Right on! Guess we are all in agreement. Words of warning to all those that haven't tried this...Sadly, One thing always leads to another.

Were you at zeros last tourney Duchock? I remmember hearing your name mentioned...

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i was listening to this song and it reminded me of my struggles to quit cigs. lol

"8 times a day was just too much. 2 times a day was just ok. but now you see, im back to 8. im getting too old for this..."

i was like "hellyeah, i am getting too old for this"
i dont want to smoke forever.
it took me like 2 months to only need one every couple days.
im assuming another month then ill be off.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll respond to all this talk about people and sex in a little bit. In the meantime...

Hey, how does everyone feel about the new Transform/Rage glitch in HGSS?

Rage/Transform Glitch in HGSS for the PokeFans out there:

In HG/SS, a user of Transform that transforms into a pokemon with the move "Rage" and then burns up the PP before the battle is over seems to keep the new moveset after the battle is over. Considering Smeargle can Sketch any move, this means that Mew and Ditto can now learn ANY move in the game. Draco Meteor Mew ftw?

What makes this a little worse is that Mimic works on Transform. So using a double battle and some crazy shenanigans, you can use the mimic/transform combo to get any move onto:

Jigglypuff, Mr. Mime, Mime Jr., Sudowoodo, Bonsly, & Chatot

But that's just for 4th Gen native Pokemon. If you go back to Gen3, Mimic was a move tutor to nearly the entire pokedex. Check this link for the complete list. So pokemon captured in Gen3 who are tutored Mimic can be PalParked up to HGSS, mimic transform, transform into a Smeargle with any move he's sketched and legitimately, within the mechanics of the cartridges, have just about anything they want for competition.

So just for giggles we might see some:

• Ninjask with Spore and Super Fang
  • Zapdos with Ice Beam
  • Kyogre with Recover and/or Tail Glow
  • Shedinja with Pain Split
  • Snorlax with ExtremeSpeed (useful and hilarious)

and any number of crazy sets you can think of. I think its pretty obvious this is game-breaking and probably won't be allowed on Shoddy, but I wonder how Nintendo would handle something like this at their VGC events? You aren't using a cheat-device to get these moves on your poke, just the mechanics Game Freak put into the game using some unexpected, if convoluted tricks to make it happen.

On the plus side, if it was allowed, pretty much EVERYTHING would get Rapid Spin now. Wouldn't that be fantastic? To be perfectly honest, I don't think any of the pokemon that could do this WITHOUT the tutor from 3rd gen are that dangerous anyways, so even if it is banned, I would love to see an exception allowed for 4th Gen Pokemon only to use it. That would give us just a few new tools to work with, but wouldn't be game breaking at all. Mew would probably become more powerful in the Ubers game, but would Wigglytuff suddenly go into suspect testing with any move at its disposal? What do you guys think?[/i]
I'm excited, and hope it partially makes its way into the metagame; it has been confirmed that Ditto can pass Egg Moves this way, so any Egg Move combination would be legal this way.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This sounds like absolute shenanigans. I can't see how this ends up being legal.
It's silly to allow things like Head Smash/Brave Bird/Volt Tackle Aerodactyl, but I like the idea of allowing once-illegal Egg Move combinations. Sleep Powder/Spikes Roserade would make me happy, and this would probably help a stale metagame, I think.

People worry about Belly Drum/Aqua Jet Azumarill, but Quagsire use would spike in that case, and it hard counters Azumarill.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
duchock I dont know anything about how you are in all situations.

i mean, most people are cool before you actually know them very well.
as far as I know, duchock is probably my favorite person that posts to this thread. duchock and slam.
but who knows, you may be an infant-killer at night for all we know.

sex is just some **** we can do. I dont really think its a big deal. its not hard to get either if your willing to make certain consolations.

i hear that girls grow up at some point though. like maybe around age 28 or so. i have a few older female friends who seem to be okay but i dont know them very well.

the thing with guys is that guys usually have a strong and overwhelming need for companionship and affection. we're like puppies.

and most guys are usually okay with sacrficing their need for kindness and honesty as long as they get that companionship.

but I just can't do that. if you are cold, catty, insensitive i can't deal with you. if you are dishonest, a bull****ter, closed off. i can't deal with you. no matter how much you claim to love me, or how much you have sex with me. i just can't do it.

i see dudes that date and even marry crazy *** girls and are actually happy, and i'm like how the **** do you do that ****?

don't get me wrong. dudes are ****ing stupid as hell too.
but I have met several dudes who are considerate and honest.
i have met (and gotten to know) zero girls that are.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
It's silly to allow things like Head Smash/Brave Bird/Volt Tackle Aerodactyl, but I like the idea of allowing once-illegal Egg Move combinations. Sleep Powder/Spikes Roserade would make me happy, and this would probably help a stale metagame, I think.
Yeah but no. There's no way to differeniate between a pokemon that is completely absurd (spore on Ninjask) and one that is only slightly more potent.

I'm all for using glitches in pokemon games to get things accomplished, but I draw the line where you start changing the basic mechanics and fundamentals encoded into the game.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm all for using glitches in pokemon games to get things accomplished, but I draw the line where you start changing the basic mechanics and fundamentals encoded into the game.
But Roserade can learn both via breeding. It's possible to get both on the same set via breeding, so long as the male parent has both moves, and Ditto can get both moves this way. I think that's perfectly reasonable to allow.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol
pokemon talk ensues and disregards janitor post.
hahahahaha

this is what usually happens to me with anime in the AL thread.

but, uh, yeah man, im just tired of all that stuff. i want a hipster girl who is intellegent as **** and is a ***** about it and is pretty pretentious too.

im tired of nice girls who are offended by me very easily.
i want someone as crazy as me.
i basically just want a good partner and i am not willing to sacrifice my wants for looks like most guys do.

but i got to get back into sex before i start up with cats again you dig?

Winnar

Smash Lord
i was listening to this song and it reminded me of my struggles to quit cigs. lol

"8 times a day was just too much. 2 times a day was just ok. but now you see, im back to 8. im getting too old for this..."

i was like "hellyeah, i am getting too old for this"
i dont want to smoke forever.
it took me like 2 months to only need one every couple days.
im assuming another month then ill be off.
too good, slam for top tier :D

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
But Roserade can learn both via breeding. It's possible to get both on the same set via breeding, so long as the male parent has both moves, and Ditto can get both moves this way. I think that's perfectly reasonable to allow.
No, you're still cheesing the system. There's no legitimate way to get a Roserade with both moves on it outside of those shenanigans.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Sex complicates things... To a level that makes you wish you hadn't. At least when your like 15 and the person thinks she/hes gonna spend the rest of her/his life with you... Wait until they are like 30. (and don't already have a BF V_V')

Were you at zeros last tourney Duchock? I remmember hearing your name mentioned...
Sex does complicate things, but you did it, and it's done. You shouldn't regret it, even if it was a stupid decision. I regret the first person I had sex with cause, hey, he flat out told me he used me. But you learn from the experience. Because it is an experience. Sometimes you level up, sometimes you game over, but most of all, you want to avoid status effects at all cost. Cause that **** can make your next battles so much worse. If you like it, do it. If you don't like it, don't do it. Some people prefer RTSs over RPGs. I forgot where I was going with all those metaphors...

When you throw emotions in with sex, things get complicated. Society has inevitably tied together the two ideas, so unless you can be mature and tear the two apart, or just reserve it for those people you really really like, there will be fall out. And never be naive enough to think that you're gonna find the person to spend the rest of your life with before the age of 25. There are very very few people who want to pair off with the 'love of their life' right outta high school. And those are the kinds of people you really shouldn't be getting with anyway (I think it's crazy at least).

And no, I haven't been to any tourneys in a while. I'm lazy. And in college.
Hey, how does everyone feel about the new Transform/Rage glitch in HGSS?

stuffstuffstuffstuff
stuffstuffstuffstuff
stuffstuffstuffstuff
It's stuff like this that makes me realize that I have 0 chance of getting into competitive pokemans with just my dinky lil copy of SS here.

duchock I dont know anything about how you are in all situations.

i mean, most people are cool before you actually know them very well.
as far as I know, duchock is probably my favorite person that posts to this thread. duchock and slam.
but who knows, you may be an infant-killer at night for all we know.

sex is just some **** we can do. I dont really think its a big deal. its not hard to get either if your willing to make certain consolations.

i hear that girls grow up at some point though. like maybe around age 28 or so. i have a few older female friends who seem to be okay but i dont know them very well.

the thing with guys is that guys usually have a strong and overwhelming need for companionship and affection. we're like puppies.

and most guys are usually okay with sacrficing their need for kindness and honesty as long as they get that companionship.

but I just can't do that. if you are cold, catty, insensitive i can't deal with you. if you are dishonest, a bull****ter, closed off. i can't deal with you. no matter how much you claim to love me, or how much you have sex with me. i just can't do it.

i see dudes that date and even marry crazy *** girls and are actually happy, and i'm like how the **** do you do that ****?

don't get me wrong. dudes are ****ing stupid as hell too.
but I have met several dudes who are considerate and honest.
i have met (and gotten to know) zero girls that are.
I'd like to think I'm cool!

We're all trying to deal with the old throwback, the human condition. Or maybe it's fate that all the chicks you know are like this. Who knows. It could all be one big test or one big joke. Keep in mind that at our ages, it's typically all about how much poontang you can acquire and how many kicks you can get. Oh, and focusing on finding a job and having some stability in your income on the side. Maybe.

If you really want to meet someone who aren't those things, try OKCupid.com (shameless plug). That's the only advice I got Kevin :x. Cause as far as I know, the only chicks you meet are at that one bar you guys go to and through mutual friends. Branch out, taste the rainbow, etc...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No, you're still cheesing the system. There's no legitimate way to get a Roserade with both moves on it outside of those shenanigans.
There's no legitimate way to get Mega Kick on a lot of Pokémon outside of a FRLG Move Tutor -> transfer via Pal Park. Once a Pokémon is on a DS cart, it's impossible for it to gain the move. How many ways one can get a move is irrelevant.

The game is programmed so that Roserade can get both moves at once via breeding. They are both moves that it can legitimately obtain--The issue is that there was no Pokémon capable of passing both moves at once, but Roserade is no stranger to the moves in general.

It's not as if you're adding moves to its movepool--You're just getting rid of a (really arbitrary) restriction to its current movepool. I see no problem with that, especially since it's within the scope of the game.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
wow, who knew a cosmo post would start so much debate...where have i been for all this btw? ive heard a lot of guys, guess i can give you a view from a woman(wish there were more women here, im uncomfortable typing on behalf of ALL women)--

first, stereotypes basically dictate that women must make you wait, cause a chase and, of course, drama. we mostly do this when we are interested in someone for a formal relationship, not usually for a casual one.

sec-yes, of course most women would also rather have someone who they can simply sleep(zzz) with.

Matt4300--> you took my post literally, i actualy thought that out of the regs who come to smash(with exception of few) you were the one who most likely has experienced that kind of relationship. IMO, there are subtle signs.

theONEjanitor--> hmm, idk what to say except that your beliefs are most likely in tune with that of women's, at least this one...ive had a relationship in which the guy was a douche but i was a b*tch.

was he a douche bc i was a b*tch? or was i b*tch bc he was a douche? we asked each other, couldnt tell, & distinguished that relationship.
however, i learned that no matter who was a douche/b*tch first, i still was a b*tch then. i keep that with me and when i recognize that feeling, i realize that tude will only fuel flames and distinguish it as well.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
There's no legitimate way to get Mega Kick on a lot of Pokémon outside of a FRLG Move Tutor -> transfer via Pal Park. Once a Pokémon is on a DS cart, it's impossible for it to gain the move. How many ways one can get a move is irrelevant.

The game is programmed so that Roserade can get both moves at once via breeding. They are both moves that it can legitimately obtain--The issue is that there was no Pokémon capable of passing both moves at once, but Roserade is no stranger to the moves in general.

It's not as if you're adding moves to its movepool--You're just getting rid of a (really arbitrary) restriction to its current movepool. I see no problem with that, especially since it's within the scope of the game.
Your definition of "within the scope of the game" also includes giving Ninjask Spore, Super Fang, and Judgment. Because honestly, Roserade can't learn both of those moves but for that glitch.

You are adding moves to its movepool. It would be as if there was a pokemon that had a move-tutored move from Fire Red and an egg move from Heart Gold and you hacked it together.

The glitch goes outside the scope of the game. It's not an 'arbitrary' distinction. It's a very real, concrete distinction. "Can you get this pokemon through any legitimate means or processes?" And the answer here is no.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
HAHAHAHA I'm maining Lucario too, btw.

So that means me, Derp, and Zero share the same main.

We are... the Lucario Siblings!

j00t

Smash Champion
HAHAHAHA I'm maining Lucario too, btw.

So that means me, Derp, and Zero share the same main.

We are... the Lucario Siblings!
Who do you main in Melee?

Mike G: We need to play again. It's been a while :/

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
We're obviously at the lowest we've ever been. A thread lock would be a mercy killing at this point.

Please, have mercy.

Well , I won't go so far as to thread lock but...that last pic nuts. I don't visit here often but I guess I'll keep an eye on here for awhile lol

Mike G: We need to play again. It's been a while :/

Yes it has. I'll try and visit over there over the summer for tourneys if you guys host any :)

Winnar

Smash Lord
There not much different other places in the US. Can't say for sure about the world though.

Np MLE... I didn't take any offence.

ANNNNYWAY

Yeh he really gets his up-b back from a capeing...
Yeah snake too though <_< and...almost everyone else.

Oh, and snake gets his up b back if you laser him as fox.

as

fox

The funny thing is that all Lucario mains are furries.

NO EXCEPTIONS
lucario is such a furry.
a pic of lucario i altered...
what lucario says when he's introduced to a new girl.

*shamefully bad furry lucario image*
We should go invade the lucario boards and ask them how they feel about all being furries

and see how many serious replies we get

Edit - Also Duchock with the pro reference WHICH I GOT BEFORE YOU EVEN LINKED

hot'cha

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
xD lol I missed an interesting conversation it seems.

How's about instead of asking them how they feel about being furries, we should ask them about how they feel to main a ***** character and KNOW it.

Winnar

Smash Lord
xD lol I missed an interesting conversation it seems.

How's about instead of asking them how they feel about being furries, we should ask them about how they feel to main a ***** character and KNOW it.
but your question is boring

Top Bottom