• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I guess I could start doing the plum.
Courtney was the only person from Bama that used to do it. xD I used to post like that on her account from time to time, it's too much work to click add reply and clicking the color lol.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
kola-->found your sd card...it's safe and sound for now.
BUT IF YOU EVA WANTA SEE THAT B*TCH AGAIN YOULL FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS:
idk, smile and nod.

YOURE NOT NODDING!!
I SAID NOD D*MMIT! NOD!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Awesome, make sure pookie doesn't eat that.

*smiles and nods* btw I think I need to view that FAQ next time I'm up there. I forgot to do so : ( sorry

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
"Color posting."

It's like putting a big sign on your post that says "Ignore me! This isn't worth your time!"

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm listening to Stickerbush Symphony and holy crap.

Anyone know where I can get the DKC2 soundtrack at?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
brawl plus is pretty good.
a lot of it is stuff that there was no reason to put in other than to make it more similar to melee

like double jump cancels
or changing how sheik's needles work

but overall its pretty good

j00t

Smash Champion
That's my one problem with Brawl+. They are doing exactly what they said they weren't going to do.

But whatever, it's a fun game to play.

-Chad-

Slackerator
My problem with the people making B+ is that they don't seem to have some direction at all. They seem to make a lot of changes based on a whim and also are unwilling to change things based on similar whims.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Lol Brawl+

They try to make it Melee 2.0 at first, lie about not doing so, then change things to bring melee top tiers back into power.

Then have someone else do the exact same thing they originally wanted by making Project M.

Just a bunch of work for something you should have just stuck with in the first place.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
brawl+ COULD be just what i'm looking for

a game where you are justly rewarded for outwitting your opponent and justly punished for making a mistake--that doesn't require eighteen years of repetitive musclememory training

Capcom fighters (marvel not included) are the only games that i'm familiar with that fit this description.

but the brawl+ developer dudes just cant seem to get it just right

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
wait. did serin post something on the last 3 pages?
i could have sworn i saw something...
probably not.

i have a problem with mk in b plus. ok. so they nerfed every one of his moves and made his side b no sweet spot AND made none of his moves have kill power AND MADE HIM LIGHTER!

what in gods name makes you think that you need to make a charecter that is already light, lighter, after nerfing every aspect about him?
mk dies around 80 percent.
the people in charge of b plus really are just making what chars they like good and what chars they dont like bad and i feel like they should be more unbiased than they are...
its kind of stupid and REALLY obvious to everyone what they are doing.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
^thats why the nerfed jiggz even tho she didint need it cuz they we like "we dont want he to be melee good" but lets make annoying characters like lucario near broken and do nothing for mario/sonic.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
^thats why the nerfed jiggz even tho she didint need it cuz they we like "we dont want he to be melee good" but lets make annoying characters like lucario near broken and do nothing for mario/sonic.
Are you joking about the first bit?

I played against Brawl+ 6.0 Jigglypuff last weekend. **** was pretty silly.

Winnar

Smash Lord
It seems to me like they're just having fun with it, which imo is important. It's what keeps b+ fun AND what keeps them updating.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
meh, jiggs did need that nerf. And the main mario developer says mario is OK like he is (even though I think he is not). We should start a B+ b'ham scene.

And George, you are moving??? When???

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
we all have to be out of the apt by may 19th i think
i dunno when/if geo is actually leaving the state

i was very dissapointed in mario+ i was convinced he was going to be clint beastwood. but he kind of sucks.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Clint Beastwood lol

I'm happy with Ike the way he is. Doing jab comboes into aerials and tilts is just so satisfying, and the joys of beating all of those Metaknights with Ike on Brawl + Sunday felt way too good.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i kind of like some of the more hated on chars like ddd and mk.
i think the nerfs are a bit biased and not everyone likes the same chars. even though it seems that way sometimes. i kind of dont dig melee falcon. idk. maybe i am alone on the issue of thinking mk would be a cool char if it wasnt for all the hate and thinking that just because he is hated in vbrawl doesnt mean that he doesnt even deserve a chance to be playable in a new game.

but im not the one making it and they are obviously working hard because i couldnt even fathom doing all that hacking. so i guess what they say goes and the game is still fun.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I still think Meta is an awesome character. I just dont like the way he plays, and he just isnt incredibly fun and what not.

tbh I think Falcon is one of my least favorite characters. Along side Sonic, ROB, and Olimar.

Oh and Ed, I downloaded SWR, so when I get the chance I'm going to need your guidance with figuring out online play.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Lol guys...

I'm about to take a test where I literally have no idea how to do 3/4 of the material.

After pulling an all nighter to study

which turned into a melee smashfest yeahuhhh

get at meh

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Lol guys...

I'm about to take a test where I literally have no idea how to do 3/4 of the material.

After NOT pulling an all nighter to study

which turned into a long night of me NOT studying

get at meh
welcome to my life, winnar.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I think I'm just not going to lable myself as a smash player on SRK.

I'll just be that one BB, SF IV player. lawl

Winnar

Smash Lord
label* lol kola

I was playing blazblue with these guys online one time and they started talking about smash. At first I was quiet but gradually I joined in the conversation. I was like yo guys I'm a smash tourneyf@g ask me anything and I'll answer as best as I can. It went surprisingly well :D

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
Hello, i was wondering if anyone here in alabama would be able to drive me up to ohio for the MLG Columbus tournament? I'll pay for part of the gas money and part for the hotel (which i think i already have a group im going to stay with in the hotel)

So yeah im not 100% sure yet if my sister/mom is going to be able to drive me up there and my dad is going to be in afghanistan by that time.

Hopefully my mom/sister will drive me but if not hopefully i can go with a group with one of you.

I live on Ft.Rucker atm but were moving in like a month to enterprise.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Why so interested in Columbus? Got some friends up there?

Oh also a few people from AL are going to MLG Orlando I think

I doubt anyone is planning going to MLG Columbus

Top Bottom