• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Poet got some extra cash from a random scrub Brawl tournament the other day (items and everything). Maybe you can too, Duchock.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Hey George, if you could just send me that one team match (the 2v1 on Norfair) I'd be happy to upload it to YT myself.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Ha, thanks for the welcome guys, but yea I'm an earthbound mainer. (competitive of course)

And I'll consider going to those smash gatherings, I just won't be able to go this week or anything because of me having mono (a stupid virus that lasts about a week or two)

But I'll definitely come, and I'll probably bring one or two friends of mine if that's fine.
omg that sucks. that crap's been going around. the doc thought i might have it, thankfully i don't. it's no fun at all. i've had sinus crap for 2 weeks now and i'm still coughing. ugh.

well get better and come play with us. good times will be had.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
duchock think of the scrubs that will be there, you can probably win.

in melee news, i'm depressed at how bad my captain falcon is. I'm going to go watch some darkrain videos.
but my fox is doing alright.

Acid Burn

Smash Rookie
Word 130 big ones for walking up and picking up a controller. It was nice, sadly I already spent it. OH and if anyone wants to come to my place for some smash I think I am going to have regular smashings at my place ever Saturday or when ever it is good for everyone. So if you are interested hit me up.

TruBluNuMou

Smash Rookie
i like pops of c town better

there is a thread in the brawl tactical forum entitled "In my Opinion, Sakurai Could have Done a Better Job in Balancing the Game"

LMFAO
Really? what does everyone else think?
yeah i saw the title of that thread. You have to phrase everything like that. Because else Yuna might disagree, and flameblast you.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
wait guys you mean you DON'T like when people argue just for the sake of arguing :-P
Ain't much of a point. People never change their opinions over the internet.

And how about that, Duch--the Kirby event kinda was an air balloon thing. Neat.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
But Will, you're studying to be a lawyer. There'd be something wrong with you if you didn't enjoy arguing for it's own sake.
I can be a 1st rate troll easy. But it is so bothersome when people are just soooooo dumb.

Yuna is a voracious, albeit stupid, ****er who is waaaaay too convinced of his own infallibility.

j00t

Smash Champion
Yeah, I noticed in the video that there were no more than 10 people there. Just goes to show how much of an impact Kirby has here in good 'ole Alabama.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
So who all is going to be in Tuscaloosa tomorrow? Iori and I'll have to get up at like 6:30 to make it, and I kinda want a good idea of the expected turnout...
Especially for Melee.

JKHDaBomb

Smash Apprentice
I got to play some friendlies at the tourny for about an hour when my friend called and needed me to pick him up. I decided to stop by my apartment and pick up my n64 controller so I might be able to play moogle, but when I got back everybody was gone...I'm sad...

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
i need expect less of myself in melee tournies, i just can't manage to play decently with any kind of pressure. :(
oh well. doubles + friendlies were fun, despite the amount of **** happening.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I'm back from AWA!

I didn't win, just to get that out there first, but I did better than Reflex (he lost in a Wario ditto, the shmuck. I mean... he lost to smash balls)! The people I went against, excepting the first round maybe, were not total scrubs. I even went against a Marth, but thankfully, he didn't do the death grab. Anyways, I got through til' 16 people were left. I lost to the person (who played kirby. Once again, my achilies heel) who eventually went on to winning, I think. Really, sitting in the crowd and watching the fights was the best experience of my Smashing career. They were loud, partially drunk, and loads of fun. They always rooted for the underdog and everyone went bat shoot crazy whenever a smash ball spawned.

It was climax without the climax.

I really hate that I didn't make it to Tuscaloosa. If only...

Edit: Oh, and I also brought back a new friend with me. Here's a hint, he has a 3 meter tail.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys, whens the next Alabama tourney? Is it a Gamebox one? Sorry I missed the one down in t-town.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If I hosted a Brawl tournament in the park in Phenix City like last December, would you guys come? I don't want to go to all that trouble to have a ten-player tournament...

Top Bottom