• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hello Alabama Thread my old friend.
I've come to see you once again~

Last edited:

Possom

Smash Cadet
Me and some other guys went to a tournament in Panama City and lost a crew battle to PC but the top 4 of the tournament were all Bama boys with me coming in first. I went into losers in round one and brought it all the way back through.

Doc_Pickle

Smash Apprentice
Are smash 4 sets/vods from MCS saved/uploaded anywhere? I wanted to watch some of Spinach and my commentary.

Combo Wombo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jack_childree
3DS FC
1934-1187-4703
Me and some other guys went to a tournament in Panama City and lost a crew battle to PC but the top 4 of the tournament were all Bama boys with me coming in first. I went into losers in round one and brought it all the way back through.
war eagle

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Smh I really wanna get back into playing this game lol. I see the **** is still kicking and there's room for me to whoop ****** asses still.

EDIT: Might show up to that Birmingham tournament this weekend just to make my bimonthly reappearance.

Last edited:

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Smh I really wanna get back into playing this game lol. I see the **** is still kicking and there's room for me to whoop ****** ***** still.

EDIT: Might show up to that Birmingham tournament this weekend just to make my bimonthly reappearance.

yeah dude I **** and this game is totally *** ****** but **** ***** **** my **** **** **3**** ***star***

Gladiolus

Smash Rookie
What's up, everybody.

I think I wrote something on the Alabama Smash League FB group about wanting to start a tournament in Montgomery. But that was probably a year ago now though, and it didn't go anywhere. I ended up being really busy with school and I guess I didn't push it enough or actually make a plan for it to happen. Probably both.

So, I really want (at the very least) a monthly tournament to happen in the good ol' River Region. I have one place in mind that we could use, totally for FREE. No venue fees, just bring a setup if you can. It's at Faulkner University, where I attend college. It's a private establishment, but they're not super strict with their rules as far as letting students host events goes (ultimate frisbee scene is hoppin'), so I think this could be a great place to get the scene off the ground.

I want this to happen as early as possible in 2017.
Let me know what you guys think.

Possom

Smash Cadet
What's up, everybody.

I think I wrote something on the Alabama Smash League FB group about wanting to start a tournament in Montgomery. But that was probably a year ago now though, and it didn't go anywhere. I ended up being really busy with school and I guess I didn't push it enough or actually make a plan for it to happen. Probably both.

So, I really want (at the very least) a monthly tournament to happen in the good ol' River Region. I have one place in mind that we could use, totally for FREE. No venue fees, just bring a setup if you can. It's at Faulkner University, where I attend college. It's a private establishment, but they're not super strict with their rules as far as letting students host events goes (ultimate frisbee scene is hoppin'), so I think this could be a great place to get the scene off the ground.

I want this to happen as early as possible in 2017.
Let me know what you guys think.
Hey man, what games are you thinking about running? I could connect you to the Troy/Enterprise scene. We could probably make the trip once a month.

Gladiolus

Smash Rookie
Alright, I mostly know the Wii U guys but I should be able to link you up with the Melee guys too.
That would be great. We need to get the word out to all of Alabama if possible. I assume advertising on the FB pages for other regions in Alabama is the best way for getting in touch with people...

Possom

Smash Cadet
That would be great. We need to get the word out to all of Alabama if possible. I assume advertising on the FB pages for other regions in Alabama is the best way for getting in touch with people...
I don't even have a facebook, but I'll get you a link to the southeastern Alabama page. I know the northern guys get on here too.

Possom

Smash Cadet
Looks like there's a group for Alabama TOs. I'll look into that, as well.
The facebook page is called "Southeast Alabama Smash". I can't find it atm but that's the name if you wanna reach out to them. I suggest you come to one of our events and meet everyone.

Combo Wombo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jack_childree
3DS FC
1934-1187-4703
Just picked up melee yesterday. Gonna grind for a few weeks then see about a tourney

Dron

Smash Apprentice
Looks like there's a group for Alabama TOs. I'll look into that, as well.
please be very careful about which weekend you pick, every single weekend of every month is currently taken by a major AL city (tuscaloosa, birmingham, auburn, and huntsville/mobile which already overlap)

Possom

Smash Cadet
Hey Alabama, I've been getting some okay results in North Florida lately. I have won three tournaments there total, two locals in Panama City and one in Pensacola. I've got another one in PC tomorrow, and I'm trying to go to one on Sunday. I'm not bragging or anything, I just thought you guys might be interested in an Alabama player winning in another state.

Juke_Box_Hero

Smash Rookie
Hey Alabama, I've been getting some okay results in North Florida lately. I have won three tournaments there total, two locals in Panama City and one in Pensacola. I've got another one in PC tomorrow, and I'm trying to go to one on Sunday. I'm not bragging or anything, I just thought you guys might be interested in an Alabama player winning in another state.
Congrats! Now come win a Bham Brawl.

Juke_Box_Hero

Smash Rookie
Sure just make sure no one else enters and I'll take it no problem.
That's my strat for winning. I'm glad you're doing well out of state, I just wish I could see you more at our monthlies. I need more diddy/DK/whatever characters you're using now experience

Possom

Smash Cadet
That's my strat for winning. I'm glad you're doing well out of state, I just wish I could see you more at our monthlies. I need more diddy/DK/whatever characters you're using now experience
I actually lost today, but I was doing well until now. I've been working Saturday and Sunday every week for months now so it's hard to get up there to you guys. Also Keet here are the brackets of the tourneys I played in there. I basically played solo DK in all of these.

PC: http://challonge.com/rushdown13sm4shsingles
http://challonge.com/rushdown15smash4singles
http://challonge.com/rushdown16sm4shsingles

and Pensacola: http://challonge.com/B244

Just some small locals but better than nothing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom