• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Summer 2015 Melee Power Ranking

j00t

Smash Champion
We need to all go to a Tuscaloosa tourney. It's the central spot in AL so it'll be easier for all of us to be there.

I saw that BIO 6 is coming up...

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
come to south AL Joot and Moogle you guys are the only good players in North AL Its really not worth for us to go up there. And Rice won't travel at all. Bio is a lame tournament were not going to travel for a two dollar entry fee. Make it five bucks WTF Tuscaloosa.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
come to south AL Joot and Moogle you guys are the only good players in North AL Its really not worth for us to go up there. And Rice won't travel at all. Bio is a lame tournament were not going to travel for a two dollar entry fee. Make it five bucks WTF Tuscaloosa.
You wouldn't place in the money anyway, why should we charge you extra for attending?

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
I make money at almost every tournament I go to. I would win your garbage local. And I'll money match you for a hundred. Real talk, you suck . And Rag and I will money match any team in Alabama except Joot and Moogle.

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
There is a tournament this weekend. In Gulf Breeze. There is 75 people for Melee singles and almost 30 teams. **** Bio come to a real tournament.

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
Elkelmann, Rice Zone some Louisiana guys. a lot of good players. Its actually in North Florida.and like I said its 75 people for Melee. There s a Facebook group. I'll ad you and invite you to the group. Everyone for South Al that's on the PR will be there.

j00t

Smash Champion
Aight we're coming. The king will come to claim more land for his subjects

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Having played both you guys recently, I give it to J00t over Rag for overall ability. However, Rag might be better at the matchup, I dont really know who would win.

For Mikey and Zylo, I would give it to Mikey, at least until they have a serious tournament set to really decide.

Also I'm trying to pick up Marth and falco more seriously (not because of Apex...but I have been since before that). I need some practice. I'll be in tusca just for melee, but I leave gotta immediately after.

Last edited:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Aight we're coming. The king will come to claim more land for his subjects
Remember your king based on theory and speculation at the moment. That crown was given to you. Like you said since 2010, there's no proof at all who the top 3 really are. You know that playa, but its all good. I cant wait to play you so they can change the pr. Bring moogle 2

Last edited:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Having played both you guys recently, I give it to J00t over Rag for overall ability. However, Rag might be better at the matchup, I dont really know who would win.

For Mikey and Zylo, I would give it to Mikey, at least until they have a serious tournament set to really decide.

Also I'm trying to pick up Marth and falco more seriously (not because of Apex...but I have been since before that). I need some practice. I'll be in tusca just for melee, but I leave gotta immediately after.
Keno, i don't remember playing you. So what you mean by recently? And im glad as the underdog. And you know what i don't consider myself good at all. But, i know what i can do.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
.....At the Hidden Power Monthly in December? Keno is Russ whom is Cheap Peach. The bells should be ringing

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I just assume if i'm unsure how to pronounce it and there is an anime character in the avatar, it's you.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I didn't know keno is Russ. But in December i wasn't playing and quit smash due to personal issues i don't wanta discuss. But im over that, im back and my passion for the game is 2. Im less trash than what i am now

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm no trash talker, nor am I a genius. But looks like we've just hit a breakthrough with proving Zylo's point about mikeyy's win over Rag with this post. GG

Edit: Phone post

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I don't even play Melee yet, so a MM from me wouldn't prove anything esp a $100, I mean you may need that for the high life. But if we're getting salty over it's quite easy to see how much you're wanting to show Zyro up. Shame he's stuck in BIO over the juicy event happening down south. Guess you guys better settle it @ Don't Get Wrekt this April

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I think Huntsville wants to battle Rag as much as mikeyy and Zylo want to battle each other. That needs to happen at the same tournament. I wanna see some melee PR battles, and lots and lots of salt.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'M STILL THE KING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

But I'm the king of a poverty-stricken kingdom that is terrorized by some big turtle thing

ugh

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Summer 2015 update! Panelists include j00t, Keno, moogle, and Zylo.

1. j00t :falconmelee:
2. moogle :sheikmelee:
3. ragnarock :foxmelee:
4. RAM :luigimelee:
5. Keno :peachmelee:
6. Zylo :foxmelee:
7. saintrage :falcomelee:
8. Spade :samusmelee:
9. Mikeyy :icsmelee:
10. Jimb0 :falcomelee:

Last edited:

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
I really like how you branched out all across the state and opted to include panelists from each area.

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
Soooo @ moogle moogle and @ j00t j00t , is there any reason Spade is ranked above Mikeyy and Jimb0 other than the fact he's from Huntsville? Or any reason he's on this PR at all? As far as I can tell he hasn't beaten anyone significant at any point this year. In addition he's been outplaced by Zoma and Ninkendo at every event they've all been to (Chargercon and HASL 4) and he lost directly to Ninkendo at HASL 4. Maybe he has shown off some magical skills in local practice sessions, but last I checked PR's are based off results, and he has none.

j00t

Smash Champion
You're talking like we were the driving force behind these spots. I just kinda nod my head or shake my head. Although I do feel like Spade is good enough to be where he is.

The truth is this list is formed mostly off of speculation because we don't play each other often enough to form an accurate PR. That's why I originally said forming a PR for our state is kind of silly.

Maybe it would be better if we had our PR split into north AL and south AL and just have a top 5 for each

The bottom 3 spots in this list could be made up of any of these: Mikey, Spade, Ninkendo, Zoma, Jimbo and Wafe. And in any order. And I'd be fine with it. Because I don't know how to accurately place them.

Your argument for Spade is a good one, though. I'd be fine with Mikey 8, jimbo 9 and ninkendo 10

Edit: I think the top 5 are pretty set in stone and that's what really matters amirite

Last edited:

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I really like how you branched out all across the state and opted to include panelists from each area.
Lemme know when an established player from south AL travels anywhere outside of mobile and ill make sure to include them in the discussion.

j00t

Smash Champion
His only argument was "Spade doesn't belong here", and I pretty much said "Even though I feel he does, it is true that he doesn't have any good results so I agree". How was that not a defense :x

Top Bottom