• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama is OK at Smash1! - Melee - Tuscaloosa, AL - March 28th

mslano

Smash Journeyman
That might work best Sensai (I never realized your name was misspelled). There's also a TV here that I should be able to take along, but no system or game.

Sensai

Smash Master
Alright, I'll PM you my number. Be warned, though: it's not much spacier. I drive a Mustang, so we'll still be a bit cozy, but still probably better than the other situation.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I might just go crazy and drive to Tuscaloosa today, even though this would put me at way over 24 hours, and I'm not sure if I have to work later tonight.

Edit: There are so many people from Hoover going, I feel bad not carpooling, but considering I don't know my schedule for later today, I guess it's warranted.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I might just go crazy and drive to Tuscaloosa today, even though this would put me at way over 24 hours, and I'm not sure if I have to work later tonight.

Edit: There are so many people from Hoover going, I feel bad not carpooling, but considering I don't know my schedule for later today, I guess it's warranted.
Sounds like a valid reason to me.

Also yay I'm coming to this :D

I'm also bringing Shai Hulud, I think we're doing doubles :O

Yay -Chad- has candy for me :D

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
quick results from memory

teams:
1) nes noob and jmoan
2nd and 3rd is between ihsb and i forget who he teamed with and moogle + mslano
don't quite remember.

singles
1) moogle ($161)
2) -Chad- ($46)
3) SleepyK ($18) uh, i think i was supposed to have 23... cheap, i think that one fiver was actually for me as well.
4) nes n00b
5) joot
5) ihsb
7) cornel
7) ko kingpin (i think)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
yeah...i sort of messed up with the money a bit. I did 70:20:10 instead of 60:30:10. And I also owe sleepy 5$.
Ah well, it was my first tourny, stupid things happen...I'll actually bring a laptop w/ tournament program next time instead of asking some guy with the laptop to do it. He also has all the results, not me...

SleepyK

cheap, if i'm there again, you can use my lappotoppy.
you ran it pretty well and the brackets were purty gud

-Chad-

Slackerator
I like my tourny's pot split >_> (50/30/15/5)

gg's to all I played, I defintally hope there's another one cause I want to practice more. And sorry if I didn't get to play friendlies : (

Will_

Smash Journeyman
quick shoutouts

Chad: You are too chill, and your pikachu is a fox in a rat suit. Awesome finals matches and awesome Tetris attack games. Be ready for Pokemon Puzzle League next time!

Jack: You are also too chill. Good **** coming back against me and George in teams. We should play more friendlies at the next one. We also need to trade DBZ Michael Phelps gifs. xD

N00b: Your Falcon is beast. And I 'm ready for some Melty Blood. You can be the 14-year old anime girl and I'll be the guy in the trenchcoat.

Andy: "I can't believe you won a melee tournament".

SleepyK: azns 4 LIFE.

George: We did good. Thanks for teaming w/ me. See you and your chest hair at Panhandle.

Duchock: Thanks for the muffin! I was really hungry. Good to see you again too.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
I hope things went okay with out me. Sorry I couldn't go, I tried to make sure everything would go smoothly without me there, and it looks like it went okay. Maybe we can have another one in May sometime..

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
shoutouts

@ TOs---boo at not being there at noon lol

@ george...you make kirby seem like he's not the worst character or something wtf. sorry i had to resort to grab camping :-D you probably would have beaten me if you went fox

@ marsfool--beast fox

@ sleepyk--it seems like we were near each other a lot but I didn't play any singles friendlies with you. i'm sure you would have beasted me anyways. next time tho

@ handorin--good stuff teaming. we got a couple of tough matches, but I guess we did okay lol

@ jack--good **** in friendlies and pools.

@ chad--good to see you out..didn't play you at all though like always :-(

@ moogle--yayuzz good stuff winning, i had to leave before the finals but i look forward to seeing the vids

@ sensai--we live very close to each other now, we should play more. maybe I can actually get kind of good now that i have someone good to practice with. fun times in doubles and friendlies. i dont see too many ganons that use upb as an attack that often :-P

@ all OOSers, thanks for showing me that you guys will come to AL for a melee tournament. because of that, i will do my best to have one at least bimonthly. (sorry got to have my Brawl in there too :-D)
but I have access to that venue pretty much anytime i want so I can get a tourney started whenever.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Shout Outs:

Sleepyk: I never knew your falco was so clean, i enjoyed our pools matches and look forward to improving and facing you again in falco dittos! Thanks for recording my first vids ever too btw ^.^

Winnar: You were alot of fn to play against, i hope i'll be seeing you at the next tourney i go too.

NesNoob: You need to chill with that link neutral air, the only thing i could do against it was falco up tilt xD Hope to see you next tourney too.

Cheapeach: I will play coach night and day until i have perfected my peach strategy!! hehe was good to see you again.

IHaveSpaceBalls: Everytime i watch your samus i want to pick up her as my main again. Sorry to hear about your controller and good luck figuring it out.

Sensia: Omg.....up-b? zz i hat that move :p

mslano: I really need to play more gannons o0 you and sensia just wrecked me xD

Moogle: I swear your beard instanly shot out2 inches in the middle of grandfinals ;) grats

Everyone: Great tournament! i had a great time in friendlies to all i played. Hope to play you all again soon!

SleepyK

shouts:

GA
Mars: rats dood, we're gonna beast next teams tournament. good stuff reppin ga. your sheik is topetastic.

Dan: man, you did so well with bowser! you should try just running friendlies with everyone so you can maximize your pool counterpicks. Farietta is far. must visit sometime.

Cornel: dood cornel, you're so ridiculous. Every time I see your characters i always think things along the lines of "if cornel didn't **** around with falcon, he'd be silent spectre." keep beasting dude.

Justin: lolololo play smash bros please

other states:
Anomaly: thanks so much for the housing. We ended up not sleeping that much anyway, but it was nice having a roof over our heads. sucks you couldn't come. I hope you got 1st in that ping pong tournament. Wait a minute.. everyone else slept in the car. I was the only one who didn't sleep much. why did everyone have to wake me up after 2 hours? figgits.

Anomaly's roommate: you were pretty drunk, dude.

CHEAP PEACH: good stuff running your first tournament. It went pretty smoothly and the brackets were pretty gud. you still owe me that $5! also peach is gay. so is mute city.

IHaveSpaceBalls: jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack~~~~ i will send you those vids. thanks for commentating and being generally sexy. good stuff in teams.

-Chad-: pikachu butts. glad to see you're doing fine. maybe you should learn to be either less tall or less white. maybe if you turned yellow you could just wear ears and a wizard hat.

nes n00b: man, i definitely wouldn't have won our match if you had played falcon at all that bracket. good games though. I'm sure next time we play it'll be a lot harder for me and a lot easier for you. unless you play link again.

moogle: i want a sheik/marth remartch! grats on first dude. i'm glad to see you back in melee. I also still owe you a birthday present. do you play 64 at all still?

joot: close matches. your fox had me running scared. we need to play more gnw ditters. those are amazing. I think you're still up on me in the 9 hammer count. I need to be up on you!

will: I now remember seeing you at impact crash 3. you were passed out in a chair and still won your next match, lol. glad to see you still play melee. aznznznz

Hando: good stuff at that meeting. you should meet with josh sometime. he's the most experienced one.

ko: why must you continue to play bad characters? why must you continue to make them look playable? good stuff though. we missed out on friendlies :(

jmoan: your beard was mighty, but you probably washed it.

sensai: man, i love watching good ganondorfs and I hate playing them. every time you touched falco i feared for my life. good matchezzz

saintrage: aw man, I was playing like butt a lot. I did okay sometimes. Your falco is pretty slick, dude.

winnar: i'm telling you. if you start practicing and playing again, i wouldn't be surprised to see you taking some tournaments. thanks for commentating.

everyone else: there were a bunch more people and I'm sure i forgot to shoutout a few people. I'll edit them when i'm not in a rush.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Ahhhhh you guys stop giving me inspiring shout outs you make me want to keep playing melee :(

Okay I guess I'll give it a shot

Moogle - Yay :D

Shai Hulud - It's nice to finally meet you, thanks for doing doubles with me and coming with me. I enjoyed your company, maybe next time I won't drag you down in doubles and in general be all negative and stuff <__________< Thanks for cheering me up, though :D We're definitely going to have to get together and play some friendlies sometime soon.

SleepyK - You're amazing, in game and out. Thank you for all the encouragement :D I'm sorry I didn't commentate outside of basically my own matches, but I didn't feel like I was the right person to commentate any other time. Next tournament (if I keep playing melee and go to it) I'll be practiced and excited enough to commentate on everything, it'll be awesome :D

NES n00b - Reppin that Link :D You're too good, Link dittos are too fun. The next tournament I go to we're having a rematch, only hopefully I'll be well practiced and such :D

Saint Rage - We are too pro at commentating. Awesome matches (pools and friendlies), I look forward to seeing/playing you again at the next tournament, too :D

Cheap Peach - Fun matches :D Even though I was getting wrecked by you I was having a good time :D You're an awesome guy and I hope to see you at the next melee/brawl tourney I go to.

-Chad- - You are awesome. Skittles are awesome. Thanks for bribing me to come to this.

Sensai - You are too pro at being awesome. XD I had so much fun in all of our friendlies/pool matches. If I go to another melee tournament you had better be there or else. XD up b is too good

T1J, George, and Will_ - Yayhuzzz someone has to rep the brawl community and it's always good to see some familiar faces :D Yay for friendlies with T1J, who is the only one of you three that I actually got to play/talk to the entire time I was there.

Everyone else - Though it may not have seemed like it I enjoyed running (walking) unwittingly into your f-smashes, I did. Sort of. It's more that I enjoyed seeing the melee community again than getting wrecked.

All in all it was a little depressing, but a lot of fun to meet everyone who still plays melee :D I'm sorry I was so rusty, maybe next time you'll get to see me for reelz.

Top Bottom