• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Brawl Doubles:

1 Dan/Jack
2 Luke/MikeW
3 Fraser/Mark

Brawl Singles:

1 Dan
2 Luke
3 Jack

I think I am dropping mk/falco and going all GaW from now on. I am unsure though, but GaW is my favorite character by far and I am the most consistent with him.

T-block

B2B TST
I think you should go all GW too, based on your sets with Jarrett and Dan. We still have a MM btw <_<

Thanks everyone for coming and putting up with my hosting lol... sorry I had to yell so much at everyone

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
wow crews was so epic. I wish we had recorded all of that good stuff. The yelling wasn't bad mike. So are we gonna bug Shiro to let us use apoc again for next month or what?

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
I think you should go all GW too, based on your sets with Jarrett and Dan. We still have a MM btw <_<

Thanks everyone for coming and putting up with my hosting lol... sorry I had to yell so much at everyone
Mike you were a great host, also speaking of hosting, vania is not hosting these anymore and im not sure if we're able to use that venue at NAIT anymore. However to continue on these monthlies, james, mike and I were talking about forming a club at the UofA to host brawl monthlies there. I'm going to look into it over the holidays and i'll keep ppl updated. Let me know what you guys think of this idea.

Limeee

Smash Champion
Good games, can't wait for results.

****it brandon, when you pushed me i slammed my hand on the door, it hurts like a ***** >.<

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Mike you were a great host, also speaking of hosting, vania is not hosting these anymore and im not sure if we're able to use that venue at NAIT anymore. However to continue on these monthlies, james, mike and I were talking about forming a club at the UofA to host brawl monthlies there. I'm going to look into it over the holidays and i'll keep ppl updated. Let me know what you guys think of this idea.
This sounds like a good idea. I am all for keeping brawl going and a free venue never hurts.

T-block

B2B TST
Sorry to everyone who wanted low tier over crews (especially you Jake). . If I host again, low tier will happen for sure, and crews can come after if there's time. I think that's fair =\

I'm gonna be talking to quite a few people over the next few days to see what's gonna happen to these monthlies. I'll keep you all posted if anything significant gets decided.

Jake add me on MSN or something so you can send me the brackets and stuff. the.t.block@gmail.com

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Shoutouts when Im in not a so ****ty mood (and to anyone who Im sure noticed my attitude, it had nothing to do with Brawl, but a deep personal issue relating to something, so I apologize)

Oh, I request an update Alberta PBR, this time I have got to make it on

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
Shoutouts when Im in not a so ****ty mood (and to anyone who Im sure noticed my attitude, it had nothing to do with Brawl, but a deep personal issue relating to something, so I apologize)

Oh, I request an update Alberta PBR, this time I have got to make it on
No need to apologize man, it's all good, hope things get better with you.

Also after reading a tiny bit about UofA groups i found out "The benefits offered by being a University registered Student Group include, but are not limited to, being able to book rooms on campus for free...", so we CAN have a free venue :D

I plan to talk to Mike tomorrow (technically today) about this

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
No need to apologize man, it's all good, hope things get better with you.

Also after reading a tiny bit about UofA groups i found out "The benefits offered by being a University registered Student Group include, but are not limited to, being able to book rooms on campus for free...", so we CAN have a free venue :D

I plan to talk to Mike tomorrow (technically today) about this
Thats actually huge, UofA Im sure is better quality over NAIT, and free just makes it to awesome

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah I think Adam has proven himself to be quite the player. I think if he was more enthusiastic in crews vs "Dan" he could have taken the rest of the stocks.

Frio

Smash Champion
^^^ yeah. Thanks for hosting all these times Vania and putting up with all of us. Ty for the good times.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Many thanks, Vivi. You gave us a place to Smash, and lifted Brawl's formerly dying scene off the ground.

We'll carry on where you left off, never forgetting how we started. Thank you. ♥

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah Vania, thanks for putting time into doing these, I'm sure the brawl community is very grateful for it.

And you introduced me to Sou Kawaii, which is like probably one of the best things anyone has done. lol <3

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Double thanks from me for setting the date so that I would be able to make it. I had a great time for both days, even if you weren't there, but I am SO grateful you took me into consideration when you picked the date. Thanks again for all you have done for the community over the months; it was a lot of fun, and now that you're leaving, I think we can take it from here. =]

:005:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Aish, you will be missed! I am glad that you took the time and effort to host the event monthly. For all the people who attended and can't even be bothered to at least say thanks or bye, shame on you. I wish you the best in life Aish and that you find happiness in whatever you do!
I can't believe I missed this.

All I can say is that you're an idiot. Vania did a great job hosting and revived brawl in AB, by using the resources that were offered to her (an anime cafe and a NAIT classroom), which is quite remarkable. I am guessing she's just tired of the smash scene, and didn't get what she expected from us, which is understandable. I greeted Vania every time I came to the tournaments and myself and many others thanked her every time.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I'd be interested in hosting brawl and melee just not on the same days. that would just be insain o.0

Top Bottom