• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Airdodge or Aerials?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Airdodging, after being hit, for the hope of survival will only put you at a worse place. I've tested, and confirmed this. Ganon will die (or be blasted further) 1-2% earlier if you airdodge after being hit, this might be because of the increase of momentum. I think this happens to R.O.B to. I'd expect none of you to be airdodging anyways, but I've seen a lot of Ganons do it, especially during my Ganongasm matches.

TP

Smash Master
Isn't that kind of how it is with everyone?
I just spiked a Lucario so hard that he bounced off the stage and died by not being able to recover high enough.

Oh, and lots of characters are supposed to Airdodge because it kills the momentum, so you're wrong.

Interesting find, Kalm.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wait...people BESIDES Link, TL, Lucas, and Samus mains STILL air dodge out of hitstun?

Madness.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
No.
I use Nair, and Nair only, after I saw your "Proper DI"-video.

:034:

Smash Hero
I use upair, since it ends faster then nair and comes out just as fast, I believe... Then I again I don't momentum cancel a lot, since I've been playing more Melee lately, which doesn't have anything of the sort.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I'm the same as Flying Dutchman - but whenever I do get launched with Brawl ganon I DI the correct way and then rapidly smash up on the C stick.

The end result is it kinda looks like he got hit so hard that he's reeling in the air :D

... But he's NOT.

Ijosh

Smash Apprentice
I use upair, since it ends faster then nair and comes out just as fast, I believe... Then I again I don't momentum cancel a lot, since I've been playing more Melee lately, which doesn't have anything of the sort.
same goes for me unless im being sent upwards which in that case i dair

Top Bottom