• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air Tripping - Now without video proof (yet again)...

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
We did give an alternative explaination as a glitchy footstool jump. We need more proof to determine if it IS air tripping or not. Also, whoever suggested the banana peel thing, good thinking! That would cause an automatic trip, and if air tripping does exist, the banana peel would work in the air as well.
I provided an image that was pretty solid proof that its not a footstool jump. Look back a page or so to find it, you'll notice that Olimar is already in the air before I air trip.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Footstool jumping is jumping on someone's head while they're in the air to meteor them.

Throwing a banana at someone in the air doesn't cause a trip, at least that I've seen. It just causes a slight tap of damage and hit stun.

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
Throwing a banana at someone in the air doesn't cause a trip, at least that I've seen. It just causes a slight tap of damage and hit stun.

Hmm. It's probably a glitch, completely unintended, and will be removed in future versions of Brawl. Someone should e-mail Nintendo.

BobDoily

Smash Rookie
Hitaku, in your video you were tilting on the edge of the platform before the Air Trip. One possibility that comes to mind is that you pressing on the analog stick to leave the platform could have had a double effect. First it would have queued up the leave the platform animation. Secondly since you were on the ground when you pressed the stick, the game would have checked this against the random chance of tripping. Had it been within the 1% chance then the game would have queued a trip. But since the motion left the platform the trip happened in the air.

Yuna, you reported 3 events. The one with GW I cant comment on since I'm not sure the full effects of all of his moves. But regarding the other 2 Air Trips I am wondering if they could be connected with how Peach's floating is handled internally within the game. Peach's floating is a relatively horizontal movement, that could be simply handled in the background as movement along a platform. Just with a specialized animation and ensuring that only Peach interacts with it. If they did that on the code side, then it could actually be checking Peach's float through the trip mechanics. Which would account for those Air Trips.

Since as Peach, when floating direction stick movement happens more rarely then on the ground, that could account for the rarity of that happening for Peach.
Similarly, if the transition from the platform to air coincided with a trip, then that as a whole would be difficult to reproduce.

Considering that most of the other presented examples can be explained as footstools; and since Hitaku's and Yuna's presented examples seem to have trip mechanics, I would not be surprised if there is a connection between the games handling of the trip mechanic and the situations where the provided examples occurred.

From reading the thread I noticed that no one seems to report Air Tripping occurring during normal jumps in the air, not involving footstooling. If it can be confirmed that it can occur during that, then I would be lead to believe that it was its own mechanic

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Peach did not Air Trip because of her float. Because if so, we should be seeing people air tripping as her more. Yet we don't. I have yet to replicate Air Tripping since those three-in-one-day Air Trips, BTW.

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
I think that this should be thrown out there.

Could the video be faked? It seems very convenient that this never happens, and when the one time it does, it is caught on camera.

I suspect it was a slight problem with the game.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, it's not fake. Hitaku is the person who's done the most reseach on Ground Tripping (he made the video).

Heppy

Smash Cadet
A land, that when people find, is dissapointing
BobDoily, i think you are absolutely right about Hitaku's sonic vid. I was about to say the same thing.
Also your explantion of Peach's air-tripping is quite sound as well.
Not to to refute your theory or anything of that matter, but to suggest as another possiblity...
Instead of Peach's air-tripping being related to tripping mechanics, I think that its more likely to be related to the games new gliding mechanics. Now I know peach's floating isnt the same as new characters' gliding but I think the in game mechanics are similar. When you glide too close to the ground, you hit it dead on with an "im stuck" animation following it as seen with the Charizard vid. Also a smash attack in that situation would do the same thing, which is what might have happened with Yuna and Mr. G&W.

(dont take this as fact, this is just my speculation after reading the whole thread. if anyone can disprove or rebutt againt this PLEASE DO)

sorry forgot something:
I am aware that Hitaku has tried to recreate his sonic situation and has been unsuccessful. So dont use that as an "it's not a trip off the ledge" excuse. The reasons for not being able to replicate it so far may be that Hitaku, trying to replicate sonic's fumbling from the ledge, never tried/thought to dash off the ledge while fumbling and/or never got that 1% chance while doing so.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
If it's so gliding-like, how come it doesn't happen every single time like with gliding during certain circumstances? And how come she does not land on her stomach like gliders do but on her behind, like after tripping?!

I've already refuted these theories over and over and over again.

Heppy

Smash Cadet
If it's so gliding-like, how come it doesn't happen every single time like with gliding during certain circumstances? And how come she does not land on her stomach like gliders do but on her behind, like after tripping?!

I've already refuted these theories over and over and over again.
1: no you havent
2: she doesnt fall on her stomache like a glider because she isnt a glider and therefore as no "fall on your stomache" animation
3: it very well may happen every time under certain circumstances (not saying that "air-tripping" was put into the game intentionlly) but it obviously isnt going to be the same circumstances as gliders because she is not one

i do think that this is a glitch with the gliding/floating mechanics and your "air-tripping" is the game dealing with its mistake/what happens when this malfuction occurs

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman
Here's my input:

We were worried about this ****ing up the game, but no one's ever died because of it (falling straight downwards while over the edge) and now we can't even replicate it if we try. Even if this IS some weird glitch that does indeed exist, I don't think it'll ever cause a problem during play. It's like falling through the floor in Pokemon Stadium.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
1: no you havent
2: she doesnt fall on her stomache like a glider because she isnt a glider and therefore as no "fall on your stomache" animation
3: it very well may happen every time under certain circumstances (not saying that "air-tripping" was put into the game intentionlly) but it obviously isnt going to be the same circumstances as gliders because she is not one

i do think that this is a glitch with the gliding/floating mechanics and your "air-tripping" is the game dealing with its mistake/what happens when this malfuction occurs
1. No I haven't what? I can't replicate it because it's not something that can be replicated. It's random. If it's like gliding too close to the ground, then I should be air tripping a lot more when, say, floating close to the ground. This also doesn't change the fact that not once during the 3 air trips did I actually float close to the ground!
2. So Peach has a float, which is very different from a glide. Somehow, the game mixes the codes up and causes her to drop like drop a glide, but the end result is not the same as from a failed glide but from a trip? Yeah, no, really, keep grasping.
3. I've tried to do the exact same things as I did while air tripping. Nothing. You know what I did when I air tripped? Jumped, floated (a distance from the ground) and moved forward.

Stop assuming you're right and I'm wrong when I'm the one who experienced it and who's been trying to replicate it for week. So has Hitaku. And as I've already said, every single one of your arguments have been raised and refuted already.

You are wrong.

Heppy

Smash Cadet
Here's my input:

We were worried about this ****ing up the game, but no one's ever died because of it (falling straight downwards while over the edge) and now we can't even replicate it if we try. Even if this IS some weird glitch that does indeed exist, I don't think it'll ever cause a problem during play. It's like falling through the floor in Pokemon Stadium.
agreed. its a very rare glitch that is specific to peach.

im sorry peach users. =[

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's my input:

Who said this is something big that will change the way we play the game?

I merely pointed out a discovery I made to alert people to its existence.

agreed. its a very rare glitch that is specific to peach.

im sorry peach users. =[
Wow, just because you say it, it must be true!

Despite the fact that it's happened to Sonic too. There's no evidence it's Peach-specific. Especially since Sonic's air tripped as well (unless you're gonna argue that's a separate glitch).

It's a glitch that can happen at random times but with a very small chance, that's all we know insofar. Stop stating things you do not know to be true as if they were facts, especially when the majority of the stuff you spout has already been proven wrong.

Heppy

Smash Cadet
1. No I haven't what? I can't replicate it because it's not something that can be replicated. It's random. If it's like gliding too close to the ground, then I should be air tripping a lot more when, say, floating close to the ground. This also doesn't change the fact that not once during the 3 air trips did I actually float close to the ground!
2. So Peach has a float, which is very different from a glide. Somehow, the game mixes the codes up and causes her to drop like drop a glide, but the end result is not the same as from a failed glide but from a trip? Yeah, no, really, keep grasping.
3. I've tried to do the exact same things as I did while air tripping. Nothing. You know what I did when I air tripped? Jumped, floated (a distance from the ground) and moved forward.

Stop assuming you're right and I'm wrong when I'm the one who experienced it and who's been trying to replicate it for week. So has Hitaku. And as I've already said, every single one of your arguments have been raised and refuted already.

You are wrong.
1: I believe it can be replicated, we just dont know the circumstances yet. And I never said it was because you were floating too close to the ground. That was only an example of gliding mechanics for a reference
2: The mechanics for floating and gliding ARENT very different AT ALL. And the end result IS the same as a failed glide. The same thing happens.
3: I know what you did, you've said it a billion times

YOU stop assuming. What gives you anymore right to think your the one thats correct all the time.
And No, I have read this ENTIRE thread, and no one has cited or refered to these points in the way that I am right now or else I WOULDNT BE SAYING IT.

And in the first place I was only stated a possible solution/explanation to this problem, so stop being so god d@#m defensive!

Heppy

Smash Cadet
Who said this is something big that will change the way we play the game?

I merely pointed out a discovery I made to alert people to its existence.

Wow, just because you say it, it must be true!

Despite the fact that it's happened to Sonic too. There's no evidence it's Peach-specific. Especially since Sonic's air tripped as well (unless you're gonna argue that's a separate glitch).

It's a glitch that can happen at random times but with a very small chance, that's all we know insofar. Stop stating things you do not know to be true as if they were facts, especially when the majority of the stuff you spout has already been proven wrong.
You are using the same princple "I stated it so it must be true"
Youve done that thoughout this whole thread.

And the sonic thing, in my opinion (not saying its fact), wasnt and "air-trip"
BobDoily and myself have given substantial reasoning as to what happened in that video. I dont think that was a glitch at all. Just a misinterpretation of what most probably happened

And I HAVENT stated or implied that any of this is fact. I said that in my first post!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
1: I believe it can be replicated, we just dont know the circumstances yet. And I never said it was because you were floating too close to the ground. That was only an example of gliding mechanics for a reference
2: The mechanics for floating and gliding ARENT very different AT ALL. And the end result IS the same as a failed glide. The same thing happens.
3: I know what you did, you've said it a billion times
How the hell can it be replicated at will if nothing happens when we repeat the process a hundred+ times?! Hitaku did the exact same thing over and over again, taking every single variable into the equation, but he has yet to replicate the air trip he did as sonic!

If it's not because I'm "gliding" too close to the ground, then why is it?

Trust me, gliding is different from floating. Have you glided? Ever? They're similar but not the same. The end result is not the same as from a failed glide! Do you have reading comprehension problems?! When you fail a glide, you fall onto your back! I fell onto my behind!

YOU stop assuming. What gives you anymore right to think your the one thats correct all the time.
And No, I have read this ENTIRE thread, and no one has cited or refered to these points in the way that I am right now or else I WOULDNT BE SAYING IT.
Funny, people brought up failed gliding a whole bunch of times!

And in the first place I was only stated a possible solution/explanation to this problem, so stop being so god d@#m defensive!
You've apparently read the entire thread. You know all of your points have already been brought up and shot down! Hitaku and I have tried to replicate this a lot of times doing the exact same things.

We know what we did. You're making a whole bunch of baseless assumptions with nothing to back them up even though I've proven that you're wrong by simply pointing out how the game works. I mean, you even think gliding and floating works the same way. They don't. Similar =/= the same.

It's called being sick and tired of the same argument all over again. I've had it several times in this thread already. And since you claim to have read all of it, you should know this!

Heppy

Smash Cadet
How the hell can it be replicated at will if nothing happens when we repeat the process a hundred+ times?! Hitaku did the exact same thing over and over again, taking every single variable into the equation, but he has yet to replicate the air trip he did as sonic!

If it's not because I'm "gliding" too close to the ground, then why is it?

Trust me, gliding is different from floating. Have you glided? Ever? They're similar but not the same. The end result is not the same as from a failed glide! Do you have reading comprehension problems?! When you fail a glide, you fall onto your back! I fell onto my behind!

Funny, people brought up failed gliding a whole bunch of times!

You've apparently read the entire thread. You know all of your points have already been brought up and shot down! Hitaku and I have tried to replicate this a lot of times doing the exact same things.

We know what we did. You're making a whole bunch of baseless assumptions with nothing to back them up even though I've proven that you're wrong by simply pointing out how the game works. I mean, you even think gliding and floating works the same way. They don't. Similar =/= the same.

It's called being sick and tired of the same argument all over again. I've had it several times in this thread already. And since you claim to have read all of it, you should know this!
A hundred+ times, so what. It doesnt mean anything if its the wrong process. You nor anyone (even myself) knows what happened when you "air-tripped". So obviously you dont know what "process" to repeat. Once again sonic didnt "air-trip", myself and BobDoily already explained that. And dont pull that "well cuz you said it, it must be so" crap. You keep saying this air-tripping thing is real, but youve given NO evidence. I say that it isnt and have given plenty of reasonable hypothesis, which is a lot more than your half-baked assumptions.

Im not going to claim or pretend that I know why peach's "air-trip" happens. But its obviously not intended.

Yes I have glided. You misunderstand what I mean when I say the mechanics are different. I know they look and may opperate in similar fashions, but Im saying that the intial startup (in game data) of floating and gliding are very closely related. And I've already explained why you dont fall the same as a glider.

Funny, it was brought up only once in one scenerio, not to the extend that I am taking it.

Those points were only "shot down" because you said so, but you havent proven or disproven anything, NOT ONCE.

My assumptions are not baseless, you would understand that if you pay attention or put any amount of thought into at all.
You havent proven anything. Youve never even given any reasoning to your explainations. I have. Your assumptions are much more "baseless" than my own.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
A hundred+ times, so what. It doesnt mean anything if its the wrong process. You nor anyone (even myself) knows what happened when you "air-tripped". So obviously you dont know what "process" to repeat. Once again sonic didnt "air-trip", myself and BobDoily already explained that. And dont pull that "well cuz you said it, it must be so" crap. You keep saying this air-tripping thing is real, but youve given NO evidence. I say that it isnt and have given plenty of reasonable hypothesis, which is a lot more than your half-baked assumptions.
Are you listening to yourself even? We know what "process" we went through because we did it. Unless there's some hidden process like "Olimar had a red pikmin and it was X inches off the ground!" or "It's that stage, at a certain point in time!", there's nothing hidden about how Sonic air tripped.

Hitaku tried to replicate it by fullfilling every single variable, repeating every single thing he and that Olimar did at the moment of the air trip and nothing. When I air tripped, all I was doing was floating. Nothing else!

What the hell are these processes you theorize about?! Hidden ones having nothing to do with the actions of our characters?!

If Sonic didn't air trip, what did he do? Hitaku and I have already refuted the "Spring"-theory and the "Footstool"-theory.

Im not going to claim or pretend that I know why peach's "air-trip" happens. But its obviously not intended.
How is it obvious? I'm not saying it is but how is it obvious? It could very well be a very rare occurence they programmed in, though I highly doubt it.

And whether or not it's intended is meaningless. It happens. We're here to figure out why and how to prevent it. And you're not helping!

Yes I have glided. You misunderstand what I mean when I say the mechanics are different. I know they look and may opperate in similar fashions, but Im saying that the intial startup (in game data) of floating and gliding are very closely related. And I've already explained why you dont fall the same as a glider.
No you haven't. Why don't I land the same way a glider lands after a failed glide? Also, I fell straight down. I did not glide towards the ground and then land on my belly.

They operate similarly but they are not the same. They're programmed differently. As such, how the hell a glide works has no bearing on Peach! Peach has a fair! Sheik has a similar fair! As such, Peach's should semi-spike! See te logic here?

Funny, it was brought up only once in one scenerio, not to the extend that I am taking it.

Those points were only "shot down" because you said so, but you havent proven or disproven anything, NOT ONCE.
It was shot down because we presented in-game evidence for why the theory was based on faulty assumptions.

My assumptions are not baseless, you would understand that if you pay attention or put any amount of thought into at all.
You havent proven anything. Youve never even given any reasoning to your explainations. I have. Your assumptions are much more "baseless" than my own.
How are they not baseless?!

"Peach has a float! It's kinda like a glide! Therefore, it should sometimes randomly (but rarely) fail the way the glides do! Only, the results shouldn't be the same!" - What the f*** is this ****?!

and then there's:

"There were probably hidden processes involved!"

What the hell are these processes?! I was Peach. I was floating forward at different heights (not ground-floating). I guess there are hidden processeses involved in that that aren't obvious! Look at that video of Sonic. Hitaku's repeating everything that happened in it time and again without air tripping.

What are these "hidden processes"?! Are you saying "There must be some hidden processes behind this, therefore there are!"?!

You haven't come up with a single valid theory because they're all based on meaningless drivel. "Floats = Almost glide! Therefore, floats can fail like glides! But wait, they fail in different ways! Because it's fun!".

I'm tired of this. Reply to this post with something valid. Like explaining why the float "fails" in a different way than the glide, what these hidden processes can be and why Hitaku and I haven't been able to replicate what we did despite doing the exact same things over and over. Please. If you can't, then I give up on you.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I think that this should be thrown out there.

Could the video be faked? It seems very convenient that this never happens, and when the one time it does, it is caught on camera.
Mad Photoshop skill? This video is not fake, if you recall I was against air tripping before it happened to me, I don't think that I would produce a fake to support it. =P

A hundred+ times, so what. It doesnt mean anything if its the wrong process. You nor anyone (even myself) knows what happened when you "air-tripped". So obviously you don't know what "process" to repeat. Once again sonic didn't "air-trip", myself and BobDoily already explained that. And don't pull that "well cuz you said it, it must be so" crap. You keep saying this air-tripping thing is real, but you've given NO evidence. I say that it isn't and have given plenty of reasonable hypothesis, which is a lot more than your half-baked assumptions.

I'm not going to claim or pretend that I know why peach's "air-trip" happens. But its obviously not intended.

Yes I have glided. You misunderstand what I mean when I say the mechanics are different. I know they look and may operate in similar fashions, but I'm saying that the initial startup (in game data) of floating and gliding are very closely related. And I've already explained why you don't fall the same as a glider.

Funny, it was brought up only once in one scenario, not to the extend that I am taking it.

Those points were only "shot down" because you said so, but you haven't proven or disproven anything, NOT ONCE.

You haven't proven anything. You've never even given any reasoning to your explanations. I have. Your assumptions are much more "baseless" than my own.
All I can say is this, you are calling us out on not providing enough information, when I, myself, provided video proof of something "air trip"-like happening. Like I said before, do you really think two glitchy like things exist while being in the air? Both with such low chances of happening? You have no idea wtf air tripping could be caused by so you have no grounds to say that what I did was something else. You can have your opinion, that's something you're entitled to and it's fine, but don't use it to go around making all of these claims when you don't exactly know whats going on. Making a theory is one thing, claiming others are wrong without reason is stupid, and claiming that your own is correct without a good amount of testing is also stupid.

I agree that I could try replicating something 100 times with no results if I didn't know the correct method, but the point I am trying to make is that realistically there are only so many things that were involved in that video. If I make my character preform the exact same actions thats a pretty good chance of replicating something. We have proven that it exists, we have failed to provide an explanation, but all you have done in return is create a bunch of theory's and forced them without any proof in a rude fashion ("you would understand that if you pay attention or put any amount of thought into at all."). I believe both Yuna and I have placed a large amount of thought into air tripping as well as the theory's behind it thanks.

Heppy

Smash Cadet
Are you listening to yourself even? We know what "process" we went through because we did it. Unless there's some hidden process like "Olimar had a red pikmin and it was X inches off the ground!" or "It's that stage, at a certain point in time!", there's nothing hidden about how Sonic air tripped.

Hitaku tried to replicate it by fullfilling every single variable, repeating every single thing he and that Olimar did at the moment of the air trip and nothing. When I air tripped, all I was doing was floating. Nothing else!

What the hell are these processes you theorize about?! Hidden ones having nothing to do with the actions of our characters?!

If Sonic didn't air trip, what did he do? Hitaku and I have already refuted the "Spring"-theory and the "Footstool"-theory.

How is it obvious? I'm not saying it is but how is it obvious? It could very well be a very rare occurence they programmed in, though I highly doubt it.

And whether or not it's intended is meaningless. It happens. We're here to figure out why and how to prevent it. And you're not helping!

No you haven't. Why don't I land the same way a glider lands after a failed glide? Also, I fell straight down. I did not glide towards the ground and then land on my belly.

They operate similarly but they are not the same. They're programmed differently. As such, how the hell a glide works has no bearing on Peach! Peach has a fair! Sheik has a similar fair! As such, Peach's should semi-spike! See te logic here?

It was shot down because we presented in-game evidence for why the theory was based on faulty assumptions.

How are they not baseless?!

"Peach has a float! It's kinda like a glide! Therefore, it should sometimes randomly (but rarely) fail the way the glides do! Only, the results shouldn't be the same!" - What the f*** is this ****?!

and then there's:

"There were probably hidden processes involved!"

What the hell are these processes?! I was Peach. I was floating forward at different heights (not ground-floating). I guess there are hidden processeses involved in that that aren't obvious! Look at that video of Sonic. Hitaku's repeating everything that happened in it time and again without air tripping.

What are these "hidden processes"?! Are you saying "There must be some hidden processes behind this, therefore there are!"?!

You haven't come up with a single valid theory because they're all based on meaningless drivel. "Floats = Almost glide! Therefore, floats can fail like glides! But wait, they fail in different ways! Because it's fun!".

I'm tired of this. Reply to this post with something valid. Like explaining why the float "fails" in a different way than the glide, what these hidden processes can be and why Hitaku and I haven't been able to replicate what we did despite doing the exact same things over and over. Please. If you can't, then I give up on you.
First, I think we all need to calm down. I dont know how this got to be such a heated arguement. I really WAS trying to help.
Second, stop putting words into my mouth. I never used the term "hidden process". I never even said the word "hidden" in any of my post. You started use the word "process"
"I've done the same process a hundred+ times." (or something to that extent)
Third, (and please be patient with me). I've answered the majority of your questions here, in previous posts (except the "hidden processes" cuz i didnt say that)
so please, reread through all of my post and then if you still have questions adress them one at a time and i will do my best to give an answer.

im sorry if ive caused so much dispute, that wasnt my intentions.
i too, really just want to get to the bottom of this.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You said process as if there's something we're missing. Hitaku and I know exactly what we were doing when we air tripped. Unless there's a hidden process, we've repeated what we did without airtripping!

Hitaku and I have both already refuted all of your theories, yet you repeat them despite me telling you that, no, what you propose is not the case.

Heppy

Smash Cadet
Mad Photoshop skill? This video is not fake, if you recall I was against air tripping before it happened to me, I don't think that I would produce a fake to support it. =P

All I can say is this, you are calling us out on not providing enough information, when I, myself, provided video proof of something "air trip"-like happening. Like I said before, do you really think two glitchy like things exist while being in the air? Both with such low chances of happening? You have no idea wtf air tripping could be caused by so you have no grounds to say that what I did was something else. You can have your opinion, that's something you're entitled to and it's fine, but don't use it to go around making all of these claims when you don't exactly know whats going on. Making a theory is one thing, claiming others are wrong without reason is stupid, and claiming that your own is correct without a good amount of testing is also stupid.

I agree that I could try replicating something 100 times with no results if I didn't know the correct method, but the point I am trying to make is that realistically there are only so many things that were involved in that video. If I make my character preform the exact same actions thats a pretty good chance of replicating something. We have proven that it exists, we have failed to provide an explanation, but all you have done in return is create a bunch of theory's and forced them without any proof in a rude fashion ("you would understand that if you pay attention or put any amount of thought into at all."). I believe both Yuna and I have placed a large amount of thought into air tripping as well as the theory's behind it thanks.
Im honestly sorry if I seemed rude or pushy. I really didnt mean to sound like that.

Now, i dont believe two glitchy things exist. The reasons being: its very unprobable and I really dont think the sonic vid was an air-trip or glitch or anything like that. I've attempted to explain why i think this before, but if you would like me too, i'll try and explain it again.

I havent ever said I was right and yall were wrong. In fact Yuna blatently said I was wrong and I never denied that.
I wasnt trying to push anything down anyones throat, just hoping you would see what I see and take it into consideration without instantly shooting it down.

I totally agree that it exist, well for peach anyways, and was trying to come to a collective conclusion. Im sorry if i appeared pushy or as if I had the end all be all answer to this problem. These are not the things I meant to do. -.-

Heppy

Smash Cadet
You said process as if there's something we're missing. Hitaku and I know exactly what we were doing when we air tripped. Unless there's a hidden process, we've repeated what we did without airtripping!

Hitaku and I have both already refuted all of your theories, yet you repeat them despite me telling you that, no, what you propose is not the case.
Hitaku himself said that he did not know what his inputs were when he "air-tripped"
And I am not denying that you air-tripped, actually I really believe it happened to you. (I am not trying to comprimise your trustworthyness) I was just suggesting what may have caused it.
And I realize that you have said that the things I propose have been refuted. But if you would, please refute them to me because I have not seen them in this thread.

benf

Smash Rookie
I think when playing as Pikachu in shad moses I air tripped.

btw this game is not getting brawl heights and for frame of reference I was practicing my c.fpxSJxxHKxxaddfxetc today so I know all about how fighting games work.

Just got back right now in this post from my first session.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Hitaku himself said that he did not know what his inputs were when he "air-tripped"
I said that I wasn't sure the exact buttons pressed, however I do have a good idea. Like I said, at the time of trip I was going to recover towards Olimar with an Up+B. This tells me that I was probably pressing forward and I was inputting Up+B at some point very close to the trip.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
And I am not denying that you air-tripped, actually I really believe it happened to you. (I am not trying to comprimise your trustworthyness) I was just suggesting what may have caused it.
And I realize that you have said that the things I propose have been refuted. But if you would, please refute them to me because I have not seen them in this thread.
As Hitaku later said, he has a pretty good idea.

Also, how many inputs can there possibly be?! Look at Sonic! He's clearly grounded, so aerials aren't even in the running. There are only so many attacks on the ground in Brawl. And Hitaku's tested them all out several times!

This isn't rocket science!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it's a rare footstool glitch.

Besides look at that video, Olimar jump at the exact same time Sonic air trips.
No he doesn't. We've already been through this. There's also a screenshot to disprove this theory.

For one thing, the timing is off. For another, he doesn't actually Footstool Jump. So it's an FS glitch because Olimar jumped (just his 1st jump)? Any time someone jumps, an FS glitch can occur?

No, this myth has already been busted.

Azzizaz

Smash Apprentice
I've experienced this "air trip" at least 3 times since getting the game at midnight. And after every time, I was able to recover. It looked exactly like what happened to Sonic, but after I fell for a little while and not being able to move, I was able to use my Up-B Recovery to get back to the stage. Every time this happened, I was near my opponent, but not close enough to footstool jump. We were also at the same height whenever this happened. I'm pretty sure that this is just a weird footstool glitch in my experience anyway.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I've experienced this "air trip" at least 3 times since getting the game at midnight. And after every time, I was able to recover. It looked exactly like what happened to Sonic, but after I fell for a little while and not being able to move, I was able to use my Up-B Recovery to get back to the stage. Every time this happened, I was near my opponent, but not close enough to footstool jump. We were also at the same height whenever this happened. I'm pretty sure that this is just a weird footstool glitch in my experience anyway.
I highly doubt it was an air trip if you did it 3 times from midnight. Unless the US version made the chances way higher (which I doubt).

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
I air-tripped today. I was Bowser, on the bottom level of New Pork City, and my opponent was a Falco, on the top level. He was no where near me, and all of a sudden, while in the air, Bowser faced the camera, stuck all of his limbs straight out, and began spinning as he fell. I forget what I did, but it didn't register in my mind until I saw this topic.

ramiel77

Smash Rookie
i've noticed this too, my brother was playing pit and he tripped in the air while jumping

Top Bottom