• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air Ride Strategy Thread.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The Dragoon Star has the role in the SSE. As you see here 1:25: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTWASuAfExQ

Sorry there's no Hydra Star though. :ohwell:

Warp Star:

Yes, Kirby's signutrue Air Machine is back, and is still a killing item to use, (if you played Melee, you know how powerful it is).

Edit: Kirby's on screen appreance is back with the Warp Star as seen in the first video on 0:07, but with a diffrent sound effect from the 64 Smash. The second video on 1:11 the sound effect of the Warp Star as an item, it sounds just the same as when he grabs the Warp Star from his adventure games.

Kirby's on screen appreances in 0:07: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIYQTuHCKQs

Sound or usage of the Warp Star in 1:11: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYmNmm-bNns

Dragoon:

Well Sakurai notice the Air Machines, well at least this one. Just like City Trial, to complete the Dargoon you must get three parts of the Dragoon; A, B, and C. Once you collect all them all, you will ride out of sight, then lock on your opponents and speed pass with high amount of power. Of course, just like the City Trial, you can knock these out of your foes. Well you can say getting this will make your day easier.

Edit: Dragoon Star Power at 1:40

Dargoon Usage on 1:36: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCnbQFG0PHc

Also the Check List Idea is back!!!

From Kirby Air, you had to complete each task to unlock somthing in your check book. And now it's in Brawl, cool huh. And it comes with a free auto check as well, (the Golden hammer replace's it, but same effect).

And it get's better, Frozen Hillside is in My Music!!! This is one of the best music in Kirby Air, (well in my eyes). I'm still hoping Magma Flows is a Music update to.

This is how the Frozen Hillside sound's like if you want to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3puus-tISB8

Checkered Knights theme is in, But it's for Halberd. Sorry guy's, it looks like Checkered Knight's will not have it's own stage. Maybe next time eh.

Like to the it if you want to know: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music22_list.html

Here's what it sounds like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkosFvX0m4o

Also the Remix of the of the Legendary Air Ride Machine is in the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Ycazi3Qy4

Discussion is about Air Ride Strategies for SSBB and/or stages. Any idea's are welcome.

iron blade

Smash Ace
the winged star should be an item. it would allow the rider to glide around the stage and be able to turn around, like wario's chopper only in the air and you could attack with normal moves on it. you can ride it until you were attacked while riding it, then it would fall. if it landed back on the stage, it would remain a usable item. it would stay as an item until you got hit in midair or caught the ledge, in both situations it would fall off screen. the shadow star could also be an item. it gives low damage but high knockback, like that bonsly thing. you could ride it back and forth low to the ground and you could jump to higher platforms. if you hit your special move button you would fly up into the air and crash down like the warpstar. you can use the star bomb move three times and then it disappears. if you fall off, get hit while riding, or star bomb off the edge, you lose it (possibly losing a life in the process).

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
As much as I'd love to have some Air Ride related items or stages or such, I don't think there'll be any. Why?

Sakurai hates Air Ride. 'Nuff said.

I still love the idea of the Hydra/Dragoon appearing in SSE. That'd be awesome.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yea, the Hydra/Dargoon could appear in the middle or near the end of the SSE.

Lovely

Smash Lord
They should have the Flight Warp Star as an item. They got the Golden Hammer so why not.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The Flight Warp could be like the Warp Star but you use it twice and you can aim it anywhere.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
um i'm not so sure about that because it would be kind of like a better warp star but it only came in one game so far and it would be pretty hard to control

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hydra is very fast and hard to control. But they can make adjustments if it's in the game.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Sakurai didn't aprove of game it's self, but some Air Ride Machines was seen in Kirby of the Stars. Since they was on Gamecube as well, they would make at least make a collectible trophies or stickers.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Would be nice. An assist trophy where multiple Waddle Dees (or any other riders) come out like Unknowns from SSBM.

That, or stickers. :)

§leepy God

Smash Master
That would be nice if I saw the Waddle Dees ride the Machine. And I hope that this image becomes a sticker:

Fire Kirby is my all time fave.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Most likley they would put Sword Kriby with the Warp Star due it that abilty being a fan favorite in the game. I wouldn't mind seeing Fire Kirby though.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
As much as I'd love to have some Air Ride related items or stages or such, I don't think there'll be any. Why?

Sakurai hates Air Ride. 'Nuff said.

I still love the idea of the Hydra/Dragoon appearing in SSE. That'd be awesome.
how do you know?

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
Well they're not going unnoticed, there IS a dragoon or hydra ( I don't know which) trophy.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Yep! Dragoon item is confirmed!

Heh, so you get the pieces and then aim and fly through people.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ah, one of my favorite Air Machine to. Dragoon Star the number on item. ^_^

Still hope for the Hydra to be in the game as well.

I'll update the first post.

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
There's no reason for Hydra NOT to be in. It's a powerful craft, charging up and zooming around, crashing into and destroying all that is foolish enough to stand in its way.
Other than the possibility that it'd be horribly broken, give me at least ONE good reason why it's not in!

And why put in Dragoon, but not Hydra?

§leepy God

Smash Master
I guess you was right Viper, Kirby Air is in Smash Bros. and the Dragoon looks sweeter than ever, can't wait to use it.

There's no reason for Hydra NOT to be in. It's a powerful craft, charging up and zooming around, crashing into and destroying all that is foolish enough to stand in its way.
Other than the possibility that it'd be horribly broken, give me at least ONE good reason why it's not in!

Only thing I can think of is that it being fast as hell, it will be hard to control.

Other than that, there is no real reason why they won't be in. The pieces of the Dragoon is in the game, they can do the same for the Hydra.

iron blade

Smash Ace
If Dragoon is in, Hydra probably will be in too.

I can't. The only problem with it is it would be really, really broken.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Can't have Dragoon without Hydra. Hopefully you can assemble Hydra as well. However, it's mainly a land-based machine, so it would be on the ground than in the air.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Both of them would be rare regardless. Only question I got is what happens when you die with it, do you still keep it, or will it disappear?

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
Both of them would be rare regardless. Only question I got is what happens when you die with it, do you still keep it, or will it disappear?
I vouch you should keep it for two lives. I mean, you spent all that time getting it and it's so rare why have it go to waste so fast?

But they'll probably make it so that as soon as you die, you lose it.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
I think the dragoon does look awesome, and it will definitley add some new elemnets to SSB gameplay, but i was just wondering if anyone think that this might stray a bit from traditional SSB gameplay, and if this is a bad thing or not? if so, i can always just turn the dragoon off ^^

Urser

Smash Apprentice
I think the dragoon does look awesome, and it will definitley add some new elemnets to SSB gameplay, but i was just wondering if anyone think that this might stray a bit from traditional SSB gameplay, and if this is a bad thing or not? if so, i can always just turn the dragoon off ^^
It's not a stray from the original gameplay...

It's an innovation. Lol.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
It's not a stray from the original gameplay...

It's an innovation. Lol.
yeah i suppose you're right, i just don't want the game to be TOO different from SSBM, but i suppose if they didn't change anything, then it would just be SSBM, so i am now open to change :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I vouch you should keep it for two lives. I mean, you spent all that time getting it and it's so rare why have it go to waste so fast?

But they'll probably make it so that as soon as you die, you lose it.
Oh, I see. That's better than coin battle. I wonder what happen if you get both at the same time..... Too much power, lol.

Top Bottom