• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air Bud: Sky High- HYPE overflowing! Are you ready? - July 27th, 2013 - Columbus, OH

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
lol I actually thought "hmm... maybe Ohio's just weird and this is a legit question..."

SoulPech

Smash Master
MK is legal??? and with only 3 stock? How many trolls plan on showing?
umm..what?

I admire your approach to just state facts. I would have just trolled the **** out of him.
Juu is too rich and sophisticated to troll a commoner. I agree. Trolling would've been acceptable

Its almost here. Can't wait to plat some of Ohio's best!
umm...unfortunately, only some of Ohio's best would be here. AFAIK, the Top 5 are either busy or back at home for Summer. You will be facing PR'd players from OH and MI though... and Ally, so yeah.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Isn't ohios pr outdated as ****

And bad but that's besides the point

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Technically speaking you're probably right, DRDN.

Our scene is pretty fragmented for Brawl and most of the active once play dual games anyway. The people that keep playing (I guess Pech, Carls kinda, MX?) have gotten a lot better, while you would still have strong to strong-ish people like Shugo, BR, KB, Suyon, Tako/Lumi/Sora.

You could still make a PR, but it'd be extremely top-heavy, while the rest could all kinda beat each other. It goes without saying that OH Brawl is weak comparatively, but as a collected scene, I'm not sure if we take it seriously anymore anyway. If I'm wrong though, then I apologize. The people that do though, are putting forth the effort to improve so that is really all that matters.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Columbus is the only part of OH that still takes Brawl seriously...and that's stretching it. the only top players in columbus are Me, Carls, and MX (Fizzle is currently in Dayton for summer vacation, but he's a top player in our state regardless). Central Ohio is slowly moving towards P:M. I'm ok with that, but I still want to keep the Brawl Scene intact. Some of the OG players in OH are coming, so I'm super hyped for that! I remember when Ohio used to be stacked while Michigan was slowly dieing, but it got revived. Who knows? Maybe it'll happen after this tournament?

Serious post achieved.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
My TO in my area is Icecream, who seconds Jiggs. I told him we were going to Ohio and I told him you were the TO.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Its Ok. He's easy to forget. Still though... can't wait to play you guys. Gonna be some hype games and I'm hoping to learn a lot.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I still dual play between Brawl & P:M. I'm willing to keep both scenea alive here despite having a full-time job and it changing my life a bit.

Probably wouldn't be as hard to do if I didn't have to work Saturdays, though for some reason today, my job gave me the offer of leaving for the day 4 hours earlier.

I'm pretty sure that won't happen a lot, but I really wished that this could've happened next week instead.

LOE1

Smash Lord
rave man, I expect you to bring stories back to TX of how I **** everyone here, and will **** everyone there once I get there....eventually

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
LOL I like how you posted that in two threads despite the fact I'm asking for a partner, not a ride in this thread. <3 Elliot.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
So after looking at the rules, it says you can't play on a stage you already won on. How do best of 5 sets play out then? With one stage ban per player, that only leaves four stages left. So... you'd have to counterpick a stage you lost on?

edit: or are there no best of 5 matches in the first place?

What's The Point

Smash Master
Who actually reads the rules?

And it should say last stage the player won on. I assume the rules were written assuming there were more than 6 stages or just the usual copy+paste mistakes.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
AFAIK
No bans.
And either all starters are avail.
or all starters + ps1 (which is the stagelist).

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
This is SP. In regards to the 3 out of 5 sets, the starter/cp stages are available, no bans, and Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (Cannot go back to the stage where you LAST won at) would be in effect. Sorry that I didn't make this clear and I'll get it updated when I get home tonight.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
This is SP. In regards to the 3 out of 5 sets, the starter/cp stages are available, no bans, and Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (Cannot go back to the stage where you LAST won at) would be in effect. Sorry that I didn't make this clear and I'll get it updated when I get home tonight.

No problem. Just wanted to get that clarified before the tourney lol.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
yoooooooooooo, let me know when you've had one too many. I might wanna MM

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
As someone who goes to OSU, lives 2 minutes from this venue, and had attended Rain 2 at this venue, I am very disappointed that neither Melee nor Smash 64 will be included in this tournament. I don't mean to meaninglessly complain; I hope enough people share my concern so that future Columbus tournaments will take these two games into consideration.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I need some ****ing Brawl in my ****ing blood or I'ma go crazy **** **** **** I'ma DRINK SO BAD AT THIS, DONT LOSE TO DRUNK AXIS AFTER HE WINS DUBZ WITH SK
This is the first tournament I don't have to drive to in a long time so I'll be bringing booze. I'll provide for you but I get to tell you what character to use in singles matches, or doubles if SK puts on his carry pants.

Top Bottom