• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ahoy, Matey! Tetra Support Thread

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather *just* Tetra, but I don't they'll include her without Toon Zelda for a broader representation of games, another easy female cast member, and better symmetry with toon link and original zelda.
I think the grappling hook should be used by her in a big way.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'd rather *just* Tetra, but I don't they'll include her without Toon Zelda for a broader representation of games, another easy female cast member, and better symmetry with toon link and original zelda.
I think the grappling hook should be used by her in a big way.
Yeah, putting her by herself gives Sakurai less of an excuse to make another clone

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
If Zelda gets a 4th, I'm all for it being Tetra just for the sake of being able to play as a spunky pirate captain girl B)

I was thinking they could probably get away with giving her pistols if they made them cartoony enough, but looking further into it, it seems as though they haven't given any of the pirates or characters of any kind, which is a bit silly considering they have cannons and whatnot. Ooooh Nintendo.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I think Tetra stands a better chance as a standalone character. She does need the grappling hook as a tether move and even though she never used the Deku Leaf, she could have it as a recovery. In fact, her specials could be made of items based on items in Wind Waker that are not already being used by Toon Link. That's all I could think of as far as Specials go for Tetra.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Tetra can very well be a standalone character, but it can be considered a missed opportunity to let toon zelda out of the game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tetra would be a better choice than a few Zelda characters. She'd be interesting with the knife and using bombs and all. But I don't think he's super likely though.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Tetra could get in by herself, but if Toon Zelda was to Zelda what Toon Link is to Link, then I would feel bad for all of those Zelda mains missing out on an actually viable version of their character to play as :p Of course, the hope is that they make both regular Link and Zelda better this time around, but if they could make Toon Zelda an interesting Luigified clone, I wouldn't mind losing Tetra's down special for her.

Immortal

Smash Cadet
I just wanted to say that I'm a huge Tetra fan, she is my favorite version of Zelda, and I hope that she ends up being Toon Zelda's Down-B.

That said, I'm afraid that we're just going to get Toon Sheik. Regular Zelda using the Phantom to me indicates that Sakurai is just going to mirror the movesets across both Zeldas completely, right down to the Sheik transformation. I do hope that I'm wrong.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Sheik gets the boot, I could see Tetra getting in as a "reassembled Sheik" in the same way that Toon Link is basically Young Link reworked.
Tetra lacks the long legs to effectively do Sheik's kicks. ;)

However, am not opposed to see both Impa and Tetra at all!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If Sheik gets the boot, I could see Tetra getting in as a "reassembled Sheik" in the same way that Toon Link is basically Young Link reworked.
Eh, I don't really see Tetra taking on Sheik's moveset. As much as I hate to say it, Impa is only one who can inherit Sheik's moveset.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Actually, I could see Sheik become the next Mewtwo of sorts. Giving her moveset to a couple of characters.

Wii Fit Trainer could inherrit a few moves. It fts her fast and combo-heavy style anyway.
Tetra could use a few revamped Special attacks, like Dagger Toss instead of Needles, Grappling Hook instead of the Chain for example.
And Impa would be 'the Lucario'.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Tetra lacks the long legs to effectively do Sheik's kicks. ;)

However, am not opposed to see both Impa and Tetra at all!
But that's what I meant by "reassembled." Toon Link doesn't have all the same attacks as Young Link because of his tiny legs so I imagine they'd take a similar approach to Tetra, replacing the leg attacks with a knife or something to that accord.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But that's what I meant by "reassembled." Toon Link doesn't have all the same attacks as Young Link because of his tiny legs so I imagine they'd take a similar approach to Tetra, replacing the leg attacks with a knife or something to that accord.
It could work! Then again, the basics of Link and Toon Link are more similar, since both are swordsmen. Toon Link didn't really need a whole lot of moves replaced to get rid of Link's kicks. Sheik and Tetra would be a lot more difficult. Not impossible, but certain moves as the Forward Tilt and Up Tilt would be the most difficult. All others would probably be fine however.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'd just like to pop in and say, I'm rather in favour of the idea of Tetra being Toon Zelda's Sheik. They'd be a clone who was also a unique character, in a rather interesting way and we'd end up with two entirely different versions of the same character, both visually/thematically and in playstyle.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Whether or not Tetra is a standalone addition or a secondary focus of Toon Zelda, I'm in full support. Sign me up.

I was going to make a Tetra thread since I didn't see this place in the index, too! Before I learned that this place existed and thus got a thread lock, ehue.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
This guy fully supports Tetra. Definitely one of my most wanted characters.

王女 クマトラ

Outta my way, dammit!
NNID
ChieSatonaka
My utmost support for her beauty and bounty <3
Although, I'd much prefer her as a standalone character then as Toon Zelda/Tetra - like others have said, she can manage a fantastic moveset on her own, and we don't need more clones.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If Toon Zelda makes it for the sake of having Tetra, I would be a little bit dissapointed... And I would play Toon Zelda :laugh:
Every Zelda newcommers are a good thing to me. Tetra is not the one I want the most, and I have some troubles to see her being able to fight (Tiny arms, Tiny legs, and Sakurai hates pistols and daggers), but it can be a good addition.

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
There's no possible way Tetra is getting in alone, so let me make it clear what my suggestion is. I'll also message the OP with a full move set I thought of for Tetra then.

Make her the main character, but have Toon Zelda available. Meaning two things.

1. It's her final smash that transforms her into Toon Zelda.

I see it like this. Tetra hits the smash ball with a flip kick attack that's her in air up A move. She gains the power of the Smash Ball, and lands on a platform with Mario and Yoshi on it.

Upon activating the smash, it zooms in on Tetra's hand glowing, and a giant yellow explosion in the form of the triforce takes over, sending away anyone near it out of the arena. Thus, making her Toon Zelda.

To get her back into Tetra? Nothing too special. Toon Zelda gets the smash ball, and the same effect happens.

Or, you make her the down B move. I'm totally in support of Tetra making it in, and I feel she's COMPLETELY deserving of it. More so than most other characters mentioned.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Y'know, Tetra by herself would actually be a great choice.

I'm totally down with this. She's even had her own game, so...

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Tetra is awesome! Toon Zelda is the most likely Zelda series newcomer IMO, add me to supporters!

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
Tetra better make it into this game or i will be one unhappy camper definitely one of my most wanted newcomers

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
The problem is, I just don't see Tetra making the cut unless they bring in Toon Zelda. I support this argument even more if they're truly leaving out Sheik .[Which, I swear to god, they better not.] .

I don't see it being a completely bad thing. I do know I still hope Tetra is the main character and Toon Zelda is just the "Sheik" tag along, or the Zero Suit Samus of the character.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Heh never even knew there was a Tetra thread (people just sort talk about her in the T.Zelda thread).

Anyway I support her as her own character. I'm not too big of a fan with Tetra & T.Zelda together just because people would throw Tetra in the clone category for a tacked on transformation.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Tetra has my support as the new Zelda rep. Although I would prefer it if she didn't have the Toon Zelda transformation. That way it could help her be more unique from the non-toon Zelda (assuming that she'll keep the Sheik transformation).

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Eh, if they were going to include Toon Zelda and give her a transformation, I would much rather it was either a Phantom or Tetra rather than the made up Toon Sheik. Why use a character that doesn't actually exist when there are two perfectly viable options already exist?

Plus, I just really like the dynamic of regular Zelda turning into a ninja and Toon Zelda turning into a pirate. I feel like it brings a natural balance we've been missing up until this point :p

andimidna

Smash Master
Seems like people are pretty sure the 5th Zelda rep will be a toon character...
I prefer the non-toons :/
Midna, Ghirahim, Impa, and Ganon.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
>obviously supporting

Well, given the recent Direct, looks like we won't have to worry about Tetra losing a special move to Toon Zelda anymore. Sakurai has officially put more than one version of a character not named Link on the roster, which means there should be room...if they're fine with three Zeldas, that is. I really hope they'd be fine with that, Tetra's just too awesome to pass up on, and I'd love to see more Wind Waker love in the Smash Bros. series.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Phantom Knight is definitely a problem, zelda alone can represent the Toon series now.
Still, we got greninja, who knows, but right now, YL seems a bit more likely :link:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I think the solo character change actually helps Tetra because now she wont be dragged down by an obvious clone.

As for the phantom that was more fit for the Zeldas anyway since Tetra want even in spirit tracks, so I think this doesn't really help or hinder her.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
After seeing the transformation changes announced in the recent Direct, I can only see Tetra making it in by herself as a Zelda representative without Toon Zelda actually making an appearance as playable. I had originally thought that they would be toggled together like Zelda and Sheik used to be. I would be surprised if two separate slots were given to both Toon Zelda and Tetra. Hopefully we can still see Tetra join the roster.

And you can mark me down as a supporter for Tetra.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
For me, Tetra is a character all her own, the real face of the Triforce of Wisdom, rather than Zelda. That is literally a ghost of the past that she can just assume the form of in my opinion. PRincess is just a title for Tetra.

Top Bottom