• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ahoy, Matey! Tetra Support Thread

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Bump because I support Tetra and this thread only has... 2 pages?
And I even wrote a big post about why I want Tetra as a character. But it got annoyingly big. So lets just say that Wind Waker deserves as much representation as any other Zelda game. So I think Tetra deserves as much support as Ghirahim, Ganon and... Lana? C'mon guys, give the pirates some love.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I realise I haven't posted here since the Smash Direct.

With the transformations gone, Tetra is not bound to Toon Zelda anymore. She is a reccuring character appearing in 3 games, not counting Tetra's Trackers.

I really think that a Toon character is the best option, to show more the variety of Zelda games. She could even take some of Link's items, to make Toon Link fans rage because he is a clone :troll:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Bump because I support Tetra and this thread only has... 2 pages?
And I even wrote a big post about why I want Tetra as a character. But it got annoyingly big. So lets just say that Wind Waker deserves as much representation as any other Zelda game. So I think Tetra deserves as much support as Ghirahim, Ganon and... Lana? C'mon guys, give the pirates some love.
I agree. We haven't even seen much Wind Waker representation in Smash 4 aside from Toon Link's return. Tetra could bring something entirely new to Smash that the other Zelda candidates can't. That being a pirate based move set. Combine that with the fact that she has made multiple appearances in the Zelda series, and that a remake of Wind Waker came out a little over a year ago. Because of this, I believe that she has earned her slot on the roster far more than Ghirahim, Vaati, and Impa have. I wish more people would see it that way though.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Tetra is who I want to be the Zelda Newcomer. I'd love to see an original moveset as well.

I support!

HyperiorV

Smash Rookie
Finally got around to getting an account here!
Anywho, I've been an avid Tetra supporter ever since SSB4 was first announced. She's my #1 most wanted character (right before Ridley)
Therefore, I, HyperiorV, support this thread!
Also let's get some discussion going; do you think that the possibility of Tetra in SSBB helps or hurts her chances in SSB4? After all, Sakurai might want to include some characters he didn't get to create in Brawl.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Finally got around to getting an account here!
Anywho, I've been an avid Tetra supporter ever since SSB4 was first announced. She's my #1 most wanted character (right before Ridley)
Therefore, I, HyperiorV, support this thread!
Also let's get some discussion going; do you think that the possibility of Tetra in SSBB helps or hurts her chances in SSB4? After all, Sakurai might want to include some characters he didn't get to create in Brawl.
I would say that if Tetra was really the character that Sakurai was considering, and not Toon Sheik, then I believe that it helps her chances. Sakurai already commented on the fact that he considered adding Miis to Brawl, but decided not to. I've heard that he also considered Villager in the past too, but he didn't make it either. Both characters are now playable in Smash 4. Considering Tetra is more relevant now than ever thanks to Wind Waker HD, I could imagine that Sakurai might put her on the roster to help promote the game. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Now that character transformations have been done away with, I can see Tetra easily making it into Smash at some point. I'm not sure if it'll happen this time around, but I definitely want to see become playable at some point.

HyperiorV

Smash Rookie
I really hope that Tetra has her trademark wink with her arms crossed for her taunt.
What I would be interested to see would be if Sakurai teases Girahim, what with all the skyward sword stuff, and then trolls us all with Tetra :p
(Also, I'd like to say that I finally got the Wind Waker for my birthday on the 28th! :D Adventure!!!)

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I really hope that Tetra has her trademark wink with her arms crossed for her taunt.
What I would be interested to see would be if Sakurai teases Girahim, what with all the skyward sword stuff, and then trolls us all with Tetra :p
(Also, I'd like to say that I finally got the Wind Waker for my birthday on the 28th! :D Adventure!!!)
I'm sure that would be one of her taunts. It's even mentioned in her trophy description in Brawl.
I think it's possible that a Wind Waker related stage could be in the game, but not shown off yet. If the Mario franchise can get four different stages on the 3DS alone, and the Wii U having at least two (probably more), then I think the Zelda franchise can get one more new stage on the Wii U version of Smash. We'll just have to wait and see.
Have fun with Wind Waker. Personally it's my favorite Zelda game. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm sure that would be one of her taunts. It's even mentioned in her trophy description in Brawl.
I think it's possible that a Wind Waker related stage could be in the game, but not shown off yet. If the Mario franchise can get four different stages on the 3DS alone, and the Wii U having at least two (probably more), then I think the Zelda franchise can get one more new stage on the Wii U version of Smash. We'll just have to wait and see.
Have fun with Wind Waker. Personally it's my favorite Zelda game. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
With wind waker hd, another wind waker stage is very likely, although they may just bring back the one from brawl

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
With wind waker hd, another wind waker stage is very likely, although they may just bring back the one from brawl
I was thinking the same thing. With Wind Waker HD out on the Wii U, I would find it very odd if they didn't create a new WW stage to promote it. Considering Sonic: Lost World got promotion in the form of a stage, I don't think Wind Waker is too late to create a stage for.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I'll support! Tetra would kick*** as a new zelda rep! Besides the last thing smash needs is a sheik clone, which is what I'm 85% sure Impa would be if she got in.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Did I seriously never post here!? Tetra is like my most wanted newcomer, I've wanted her alongside Robin and Villager since like...well more than a year ago now! Maybe I posted in the Toon Zelda thread...? But anyway yeah, Tetra would be awesome.

When I played Windwaker and saw she was a pirate and a princess I thought that was sooo awesome and I wanted to be both too! I do kind of think it's a bit of a pipe dream to see her as a playable character in Smash Bros, but she does have a shot and I'd be sooo happy. I mean, she's was planned for Brawl (I think of her as "Toon Shiek"), Windwaker HD was a recent release and Toon Link being the only one of his art style seems awfully lonely...

With Ghirahim, who was pretty darn popular, appearing as an assist trophy today, kinda saddened me for half a second until I got really hopeful for Tetra. Like Ghirahim, this is kind of her last shot (unless either of them appear in a future game) and with Ghirahim out of the way, she's kinda the only Zelda newcomer left! Oh, and Impa I guess but... eh, I see Tetra as more unique.

I imagine her moves would consist of pirate sword swings and dagger stabs for A-moves and pirate henchmen for B-moves. Up-B she jumps of a pirates face or maybe she uses the barrel she had Link shot out of? Side-B I imagine being she sends out a pirate to command grab and opponent and if caught he holds them up for a while you can charge up a smash attack or something. The grab can be mashed out of and if you miss you're pretty vulnerable however. A high risk high reward move. That's actually how I see her playstyle formed: High Risk, High Reward. Fitting for a pirate princess I think!

And of course you havta have that signature wink as a taunt! Ohh, I've got my hopes up...!

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Welp with Ghirahim an assist now I think tetra has much more of a fighting chance as the new Zelda rep. Even though she is still Zelda she is nothing like the other incarnations and has much more personality and brings a new style of fighting. Lets just hope that our favorite pirate captain makes the cut.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So, the battle for the roster spot, Tetra vs Impa. They are quite literally the only possible reps left, Also Pirates vs Ninjas.

Although if the trophy tease is actually a thing I'm thinking impas more likely, It's been proven true so far

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think if Tetra got in, she would be overall liked.

I mean, who wouldn't want a sassy seafarin' pirate on the roster?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Hey now give the villains a break. There are two reoccurring villains that are possible: Ganon and Vaati
I don't see ganon happening because of dorf, I dunno that's just me, although we got 2 mario's in melee so who knows and Vaati, while I like him and think he's cool, in my opinion he just isn't that big of a character and he hasn't been seen for a long time, if he were to show up again however he would have my full support

Hint Hint Nintendo, seriously get on that

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
There are speculations that there is still a spot for a Zelda rep after putting the leaked roster in franchise order (the way Smash Bros. normally goes when the character select screen is complete). And while most of the people are expecting something like Impa or Ganon. I' ll be sitting here on the Tetra thread twiddling my thumbs.

Ganon would be cool too though.

Yaargh!

Smash Rookie
I made a Tetra moveset! I mostly based it on the fact that she's a pirate so it's pretty pirate-themed.

EDIT: I realized I forgot to put in her Final Smash.

EDIT#2: ...and her Dash Attack.

Jab: 1st and 2nd hit: pulls out a knife and swings it side-to-side, hitting anyone in range. Minimal knock-back so it can combo into the other hits.
3rd hit: Slashes upward. Does ok knock-back for a jab, if not a little below average.
Or...
Mash A: Rapidly shanks the opponent.
Jab finisher: Another side-slash, does the same knock-back as the finisher.

Dash Attack:
Charges forward with her cutlass held at her side with both hands, pointed at the opponent. If you hit with it, you can press A again which will cause Tetra to swing the cutlass upwards, which will inflict upward knockback on the opponents and give you the chance to chase them into the air.

If you hit with only the first hit, it sends the opponent back a bit and puts them into hit-stun that lasts a little longer than the ending lag of the attack. The hitbox is disjointed, so it goes through a lot of things but it's pretty punishable if you don't hit.

Tilts:
Forward Tilt: Swings a board forward. The board has a nail on the end of it, which acts as a sweet-spot, dealing additional damage and knock-back. With or without the sweet-spot, the knock-back isn't AMAZING but it'll get opponents off of you if you can hit with it.
Up-tilt: Similar to Pit's up-tilt, she does a hand-stand and kicks twice. Does OK knock-back.
Down-tilt: Slides forward along the ground, similar to Megaman's except her legs are more splayed out instead of being folded in like his. Instead of popping the opponents up, however, they stay grounded and in stun. Trips if you hit with it near the beginning. Might be good for combos.

Smashes:
Forward Smash: Swings a pretty big Pirate Cutlass once. Slightly longer than the board from her f-tilt. Modest but punishable start-up and modest but punishable (if your timing's good) lag. Slightly below average knock-back.
Down Smash: Sets a bomb down that goes off after a set, but short, time. She crouches down next to it and plugs her ears after she sets it and until a bit after the explosion. Pretty good knock-back. Not very much lag, but it doesn't cover as much area as you'd expect from a down-smash. If you're hit during this the bomb will still go off, damaging the opponent but Tetra herself is immune to it.
Up Smash: Giddily thrusts a treasure chest above her head. Similar to Link's item get pose in the first Zelda. this does very slight knock-back and damage for an Up-Smash, so you'd be better off using her up-tilt for a kill move. On the plus side, the treasure chest has a disjointed, huge hitbox. The chest immediately opens and 1 of 4 throwable items pops out:
4 gold coins: They don't do much damage and they're kinda small but they do a lot of stun so they might be good for combos.
Pearl necklace: Average projectile in every way. There's nothing particularly special about it so moving on.
Skull: Tetra lets out a disappointed groan whenever she gets this one, but only because it's not treasure. Projectile-wise, it's pretty good. It does about as much knock-back as one of the apples on the dream-land stage and it's about as big as one, too.
Huge Diamond: Since Diamonds are so hard they go through or at least collide with EVERYTHING, barring Final Smashes. A viable kill projectile at the right percents.
Coins and the pearl necklace are the most common. Skull's slightly rarer. Diamond's super-rare but it's not as rare as, say, Peach's stitch-face turnip.

Throws:
Forward Throw: Stuffs the opponent into a cannon, which Gonzo appears with out of nowhere and lights. About as powerful as Ness' back-throw, throwing exponentially farther the higher their percentage.
Up-throw: (Inspired by another Tetra move set, not sure where I read it from so if that person is reading this sorry for kind of plagiarizing.) she kicks downward, hitting a loose floor-board and sending the opponent upward.
Back-throw: Falls backward with her opponent and kicks them behind her.
Down-throw: Stomps on the opponent's foot, making them hop around on one foot for a while, coddling the injured foot.
You can hit them while they're doing this.
Pummel: Knees the opponent.

Aerials:
Neutral Aerial: Opposite of Lucas' back-air, she does a front flip-kick. Hitting the opponent with her heel results in a soft spike. If you played that game, think Sonic's Chase aerial in Sonic Battle.
Forward Aerial: Swipes with her knife. Similar to Greninja's forward-air but with less range.
Up Aerial: Headbutt. Quicker and weaker than Ness/Lucas'.
Back Aerial: Drop-kick. Has similarities with a sex kick in that it does decent knock-back when it comes out and that the hit-box sticks out for a while.
Down Aerial: Downward stomp. Similar to Peach's. If you hit a grounded opponent with this and land you can combo into her jab.

Specials:
Neutral Special: Sets a cannon down and lights the fuse. The fuse takes about 5 seconds to burn down and then the cannon fires. You can move independently of the cannon during this and possibly try to move your opponent(s) into it.
If you go near the cannon and press B again Tetra will blow on the fuse, each time you do this makes the Fuse burn faster and makes the timer go down by one second. Can't be used in the air.
Forward Special: Calls one of the burlier members of the crew to throw an anchor at the opponent. You can direct where it goes and where Tetra is pointing shows where the anchor will go. Can be charged for distance. If you use it in the air Tetra will throw it herself. It can stick to the side of the stage and you must climb up the rope to get to the top of the anchor, which you can stand on. You and your opponents can climb on the rope/ stand on the anchor multiple times as long as the anchor is still there.
Downward Special: Tetra orders Niko to swab the deck, making the ground soapy. If anyone dashes across the soapy ground they will helplessly slide forward a distance. Niko sometimes accidentally uses the crew's soup instead, which will scald and stun anyone who steps in it.
Up Special: Holds a sail above her head as a wind current lifts her upward. If used on the ground, a sail post will spawn, dragging anyone it hits to the top while slightly damaging them. Then a sail will pop out which will knock the opponent back, slightly. Good for annoying your opponents with.

Taunts:
Up Taunt: Does some tricks with her knife.
Side Taunt: A random crew-member runs up and immediately gets on their hands-and-knees while Tetra scolds them.
Down Taunt: Turns her back to the camera, arms folded. Then looks back and does her signature wink and smirk.

Final Smash: Toon Zelda
She transforms into her Princess form and gains the light arrows. Unlike Twilight Princess Zelda's Final Smash, however, you can run around the stage with these and fire them yourself with the neutral B.

You can charge them. An uncharged shot stuns the opponent in an electrocuted animation (similar to their effect in the Ganondorf boss fight) before delivering decent knock-back. A charged shot does the same except the stun lasts longer and the knock-back increases. You can hit them during the stun, which won't knock them out of it and the combined knock-back of your attacks and the arrow will be dealt when the stun ends.

It lasts for quite a while compared to other Final Smashes to make up for it's lack of devastation. You're also vulnerable during it but you can fix that with...

Final Smash Down Special: Phantom
I haven't actually played Spirit Tracks and yes, I know they're not the same Zelda but if TP Zelda can have it in her moveset why not Tetra?

The phantom is similar to Giga Bowser and Giga Mac in that you're permanently armored (heheh) while in this form and all attacks do no knock-back and cause no flinching. The Phantom's attacks would be about as devastating as Robin's Levin sword.

Last edited:

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
So, the battle for the roster spot, Tetra vs Impa. They are quite literally the only possible reps left, Also Pirates vs Ninjas.

Although if the trophy tease is actually thing I'm thinking impas more likely, It's been proven true so far
Or Zant, if we're considering villains too. He got in Hyrule Warriors, so...

But seriously, personally giving all of my support for Tetra. She seems like she has so much potential as a playable character, and I think aside from Ridley and Mewtwo, a new Zelda rep is almost inevitable at this point. Seven Mario characters and five (possibly six) Pokemon characters? Zelda can't let Pokemon have more reps! Those three are like, Nintendo's biggest franchises, and considering Zelda's lineup hasn't really changed since Melee (well, Young Link was replaced with Toon Link, but they're essentially the same character,) I'm really suspecting SOMEBODY. Hopefully Tetra.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Or Zant, if we're considering villains too. He got in Hyrule Warriors, so...

But seriously, personally giving all of my support for Tetra. She seems like she has so much potential as a playable character, and I think aside from Ridley and Mewtwo, a new Zelda rep is almost inevitable at this point. Seven Mario characters and five (possibly six) Pokemon characters? Zelda can't let Pokemon have more reps! Those three are like, Nintendo's biggest franchises, and considering Zelda's lineup hasn't really changed since Melee (well, Young Link was replaced with Toon Link, but they're essentially the same character,) I'm really suspecting SOMEBODY. Hopefully Tetra.
As much as I love him I don't think he really has a chance, he's really not important enough and twilight princess is pretty old now. Him Midna, Ghirahim, Vaati and plenty of others are in the same boat, popular and well-liked just not important enough

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'd just like to mention that the trophy that appeared in the trophy quiz was Fi while ballad of the goddess was playing, I think this is hinting at a skyward sword character more than anything
Can't wait to play as Wryna :troll:

With Fi and Ghirahim out, and seemingly Impa, it seems like we don't really have other options than no Skyward Sword characters.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Can't wait to play as Wryna :troll:

With Fi and Ghirahim out, and seemingly Impa, it seems like we don't really have other options than no Skyward Sword characters.
Um, I was implying that Beedle is gonna get in :troll:

In all honestly that's not a terrible idea now that I think about it, He's been in like 5 games, That's more than tingle

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Wait a sec - why ain't I on the suporters list? I support of course! She's like my most wanted character! Trying to have hope... and when I really think logically about Tetra vs Impa I believe Tetra to be the better choice!

Adding Impa would kinda have another timeline which is fine but less consistent feeling than having Tetra to help Toon Link not look as unnatural! And WindWaker HD is more recent than Skyward Sword, and "Toon Shiek" (I believe Tetra) was already planned for Brawl! Maybe the team decided there wasn't enough time, but when they saw WindWaker HD they realized this is their perfect 2nd chance!

I don't mean to be mean to Impa supporters but she seems like Shiek with maybe a sword, whereas Tetra is known for being a clever bossy pirate princess! I imagine many of her moves to summon pirate henchmen, her recovery jumping off one of them, her entrance animation being carried by them (similar to Dedede), her side-B commanding one of them to grab and hold an enemy for a moment, such fun and unique possibilities with this character!

Edit: I had my doubts but knew if Sakurai was smart he'd pick Robin over Chrom and that turned out great so I'll do the same and believe Sakurai knows Tetra is the better choice!

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Wait a sec - why ain't I on the suporters list? I support of course! She's like my most wanted character! Trying to have hope... and when I really think logically about Tetra vs Impa I believe Tetra to be the better choice!

Adding Impa would kinda have another timeline which is fine but less consistent feeling than having Tetra to help Toon Link not look as unnatural! And WindWaker HD is more recent than Skyward Sword, and "Toon Shiek" (I believe Tetra) was already planned for Brawl! Maybe the team decided there wasn't enough time, but when they saw WindWaker HD they realized this is their perfect 2nd chance!

I don't mean to be mean to Impa supporters but she seems like Shiek with maybe a sword, whereas Tetra is known for being a clever bossy pirate princess! I imagine many of her moves to summon pirate henchmen, her recovery jumping off one of them, her entrance animation being carried by them (similar to Dedede), her side-B commanding one of them to grab and hold an enemy for a moment, such fun and unique possibilities with this character!

Edit: I had my doubts but knew if Sakurai was smart he'd pick Robin over Chrom and that turned out great so I'll do the same and believe Sakurai knows Tetra is the better choice!
Just throwing this out there, the roster was finalized long ago before wind waker hd was announced and since it's just a remake Sakurai likely didn't know about it

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Just throwing this out there, the roster was finalized long ago before wind waker hd was announced and since it's just a remake Sakurai likely didn't know about it
Possible...but maybe he heard the developers giving it serious consideration while he was thinking of who to replace Toon Link with...then maybe he heard about WWHD and decided not only could Tink be relevant again, but maybe he could try Tetra again... I dunno, just maybe, nothing conclusive...just hopes n dreams

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I highly doubt that Sakurai was simply unaware that Wind Waker HD was in development.
It is just a remake though, I doubt he gave it that much thought. I like the idea of tetra but I don't think WWHD should be used as an argument towards her inclusion

Edit: Just found out Wind Waker HD took 6 months to make, meaning it started development in march 2013, The roster was finalized sometime in early 2012

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
It is just a remake though, I doubt he gave it that much thought. I like the idea of tetra but I don't think WWHD should be used as an argument towards her inclusion

Edit: Wind waker Hd took 6 months to make, meaning it started development in march 2013, The roster was finalized sometime in early 2012
Even if WWHD is a remake, it's still going to be the only console WiiU Zelda game out by the time SSB4 is released (besides the spin-off Hyrule Warriors).

As for roster finalization;
a.) We don't know that for sure.
b.) It's probable and highly likely that Sakurai meets with the developers of series he intends to include before deciding upon the roster. How else would he have added Greninja? It may even be one of the reasons he added Rosalina, or decided to keep Toon Link.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Even if WWHD is a remake, it's still going to be the only console WiiU Zelda game out by the time SSB4 is released (besides the spin-off Hyrule Warriors).

b.) It's probable and highly likely that Sakurai meets with the developers of series he intends to include before deciding upon the roster. How else would he have added Greninja? It may even be one of the reasons he added Rosalina, or decided to keep Toon Link.
Still it only started development in march 2013 while I'm sure the roster was finalized sometime in 2012

Edit: Also this
“So I guess the answer to the question is that it wasn’t based on his popularity out of X and Y. The characters that we have here we decided were going to be put in the game a couple years back.”

http://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-roster-greninja-details/

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Edit: Just found out Wind Waker HD took 6 months to make, meaning it started development in march 2013, The roster was finalized sometime in early 2012
Ocarina of Time 3D is a remake, right? :troll: I do agree that the roster was decided before. But Tetra isn't irrelevant to me, since there's Phantom Hourglass and especially Spirit Tracks (although Tetra is not alive in this game, she is still important. Kinda).

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Don't we actually have proof that remakes are taken into consideration? I mean, why else do we have a Gerudo Valley stage on the 3DS?

Personally, I've always thought of Tetra as one of the more likely Zelda candidates; she's more recent than any other potential Zelda character, she's pretty important considering she's Toon Zelda, and she also complements Toon Link by giving him a partner to represent that part of the Zelda series. At this point, if we do get a Zelda newcomer, I think Tetra is pretty likely. It's really either her or Impa at this point.

Top Bottom