• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Agumon for Brawl

Coselm

Smash Ace
The debate of whether Pokemon or Digimon were better took up a good portion of my 7 year old life. I thought it would be interesting if we could finally live out the age-old battle of Pokemon v. Digimon.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Can your version of Agumon digivolve? If not then thats a problem. Agumon on his own isn't a very interesting character. His Pepper Breath is stuff weve seen before.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Please...just no.....does Digimon even exist anymore?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Please...just no.....does Digimon even exist anymore?
Season 5 came out recently. lulz

IMO, I think Pokemon and Digimon are equal (Pokemon > Digimon gamewise. Digimon > Pokemon showwise), but I can not imagine Digimon being in Brawl to be honest.

Where did Digimon originate from anyways? A handheld sort of thing?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Had Digimon started off as a game, theres no doubt in my mind that Sakurai would have given the series a few looks during his search for a Brawl candidate.

Its so sad. Some of the best characters out there started off as anime characters. =o(

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What company owns Digimon anyways? I'm pretty sure it was an anime before they made any games of it.
Bandai, and I was about to say the same thing, but I remembered that Digimon actually did originate from a video game. :dizzy: Atleast, I think those little tamogatchi-like things would be considered a video game...

Wow. He actually has more of a chance than those other characters like Masterchief or Goku. :laugh:

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Agumon, warp digivolve to...

ZOMG!

He doesn't deserve to be in Brawl...he can stay in his own crappy fighting game for the Gamecube.

Isn't the phrase "Battle Rumble" redundant?

Squadalah

Smash Apprentice
F*** all of you. Digimon is awsome and way better than Pokemon. Pokemon is completly gay with all the gay monsters based on random animals fighting each other in a gay world with gay humans and gay villains. Digimon has various monsters based on not only animals, but angels, demons, dinosaurs, legendary monsters, old legends, machines, robots, gods, items, you name it. There's even a Digimon that's a yellow piece of crap with a face and arms. And these monsters are badass. (Except the baby and in-training Digimon, their kinda gay.) And the Digimon cartoon is one of the best anime ever created with realistic human characters, epic battles, characters dying, engaging storylines and vicious villains. All Pokemon is about is this stupid kid goes around and enslaves gay monsters while fighting two idiots and their cat. AND DIGIMON ORIGINATED FROM A VIDEOGAME! THEY ORIGINATED FROM THE DIGIMON TAMAGOTCHI THING! Pokemon is for babies but Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh (Not the crappy 4kids version.) are for real men and women

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
F*** all of you. Digimon is awsome and way better than Pokemon. Pokemon is completly gay with all the gay monsters based on random animals fighting each other in a gay world with gay humans and gay villains. Digimon has various monsters based on not only animals, but angels, demons, dinosaurs, legendary monsters, old legends, machines, robots, gods, items, you name it. There's even a Digimon that's a yellow piece of crap with a face and arms. And these monsters are badass. (Except the baby and in-training Digimon, their kinda gay.) And the Digimon cartoon is one of the best anime ever created with realistic human characters, epic battles, characters dying, engaging storylines and vicious villains. All Pokemon is about is this stupid kid goes around and enslaves gay monsters while fighting two idiots and their cat. AND DIGIMON ORIGINATED FROM A VIDEOGAME! THEY ORIGINATED FROM THE DIGIMON TAMAGOTCHI THING! Pokemon is for babies but Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh (Not the crappy 4kids version.) are for real men and women
Epic win! =o)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Digimon were around before the show was made. And like Pokemon, each game and season of the show went downhill after the next, ie, every Digimon game after Digimon World became more and more unbearable, as did the Pokemon games. Same with the show, the stupidest Digimon came out after the original Digimon Adventures was over. Point is: Digimon World and Pokemon Red/Blue are some of the best monster-sims around, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Digimon over Pokemon, just for Darkmon. Monster Rancher is better than both (but sadly, follows the same basic path as Digimon and Pokemon, with a few exceptions. Monster Rancher 1 was fantastic, then Monster Rancher 2 came out and that was phenomenal (remains in my personal top ten games ever). Monster Rancher 3 was just a load of bullocks. MR 4 was slightly better, and the new one, MR EVO, can just suck it.

No Digimon will make it in. IF one did, it would have to be in the pendulums (the hand-held tomagachi like things) in order to qualify (no WarGreymon). Likely choice would be Agumon, but still, no chance, sadly.

If I had a say in the matter,

Darkmon for Brawl.

EDIT:

F*** all of you. Digimon is awsome and way better than Pokemon.
I like Digimon more, but that's not true about Pokemon being "gay" (I assume you mean ********, not homosexual or happy) and is just un-needed insulting people like that. Enjoy being banned again.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The Digimon TV show IS better than the Pokemon TV show.

No, seriously. >_>

**** it, WEREGARURUMON FOR BRAWL.

Corb

Smash Rookie
Digimon may have originated in video games, but Agumon did not. He first appeared in the Digimon Adventure anime. Since characters need to have originated in video games to be eligible, Agumon can't be in Brawl.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Digimon may have originated in video games, but Agumon did not. He first appeared in the Digimon Adventure anime. Since characters need to have originated in video games to be eligible, Agumon cannot be in Brawl.
.....Are you joking? Agumon was released in the FIRST wave of Pendulums, ie, one of the first Digimon ever created.

Top Bottom