• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aggressive or Spacey Wolf? Which do you prefer?

Ravin

Smash Lord
I found myself taking more of a liking to a aggressive Wolf. I have watched far too many videos of people constantly spaceying with the Bair in a half effort to play defensive and a slight post aggressive.
Too many Campy with the blaster into Fsmash constantly or rolling away, calling that a tactic.

I don't see many aggressive Wolfs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vAUaj8h1v4

This was a friendly. Yes I am well aware he isn't good, but it furthers my question of being more aggressive with Wolf.

What are your thoughts and how should Wolf be played?

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
I like to keep my distance sometimes, but Wolf is obviously the most lethal up close.

§witch

Smash Lord
Well, unless an aggresive wolf is good, then there's really no point. Wolf's bair spacing is one of the few things going for him...

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Its ez to be aggressive against a player that just rolls everytime u come at him.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It depends on your opponent. Wolf vs. Ganon is just amazingly one-sided. Wolf can (an should) be as aggrasive as he likes.

But when you're fighting somebody like Olimar, you have no choice - you just have to spam laster to win.

Thast's one of the good things about Wolf - versatility. He doesn't stand out anywhere but he's always at least good. That's what I like about him

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
Really depends on the character. Some you wanna space with your Blaster, others you space with Fairs and Bairs. Then, there are the ones which you have to space properly, but be aggressive when up close, such as Pit. Is there a specific match-up that your trying to improve on?

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Unfortunately letterbomb nailed it. Playing a spacing Wolf or an aggressive Wolf doesn't really matter... just play smart. Don't overextend yourself and get punished.

I like to play a spacing Wolf. With Wolf spacing is everything, I'm not too aggressive, I tend to focus more on stage control, getting control of the stage, maintaining it and then pressuring my opponent to the ledge.

But yeah, that's just my take on it. And aggressive Wolf and a spacing Wolf can be good, so yeah =/

tyler___

Smash Cadet
Looks pretty good to me. The only things i would do is conserve my Dsmash and i wouldnt use my up B to close distance or damage the opponent, it might rack up some damage but the predictability on it is ridiculous, its easily punishable.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
i don't actively chase the opponent with wolf
i let them come to me while i use blaster
when they get close i start using short range moves and shine
then i use a big knockback move, i don't follow and start the cycle again

Relhots

Smash Lord
Use both... it catches them off guard, cause after a while, they will suspect what will you do. so its good to change it up once in a while.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Different tactics for different opponents, I usually make up my strategy as I go anyway. The goal, ultimately, is to figure out what your opponent doesn't want you doing, and then doing exactly that. The more comfortable you are with your character, the better you can change things up. I've completely changed my tactics mid-match before and it completely throws off your opponent almost every time.

As Wolf, I like to force aggressive players defend, and defensive players to bring the offense, it knocks them out of their comfort zone and they are more likely to mess something up.

Ravin

Smash Lord
As Wolf, I like to force aggressive players defend, and defensive players to bring the offense, it knocks them out of their comfort zone and they are more likely to mess something up.
This is what I was looking for.

Thank you.

Top Bottom