• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aggravated with friend.

Prawn

Smash Master
sictransitpaul: its so much like
sictransitpaul: tedious work
sictransitpaul: i only stopped because i think im getting carpal tunnel
sictransitpaul: my fingers and wrists started killing
friend:: metaknight is hard to get good at too
friend:: like hes easy to play but once you're at this level hes just as hard if not harder than ice climbers
sictransitpaul: oh im not saying that ICs are harder
sictransitpaul: im just saying that people who think CGing to victory is a scrub and easy to learn tactic are very wrong
friend:: yeah thats true
friend:: but i can see where they come from because like
friend:: ice climbers are definetly easier to like master than met knight
friend:: so its annoying when someone with IC beats you
sictransitpaul: idk man
sictransitpaul: try tonight to master infinites
friend:: like its rediculous the ammount of skill you need to be a pro met knight f
riend:: i cant i don't have a working controller
sictransitpaul: Im sorry!
sictransitpaul: i thought you had one!
sictransitpaul: now i feel like a douche
friend:: no its ok lol
friend:: as soon as you learn the chaingrab and ****
friend:: IC will be easy to play
sictransitpaul: idk man
sictransitpaul: the CG takes a lot of learning
sictransitpaul: and desyncing(which im also getting alright at)
sictransitpaul: and keeping nana alive lol
friend:: like thats all you need to know for IC once you know that you're done sictransitpaul: is pretty hard.
sictransitpaul: no its not
sictransitpaul: at all
sictransitpaul: not even ****ing close.
friend:: the skill cap for learning metaknight is so much higher due to the fact that like

sictransitpaul: you are wrong
.friend:: his metagame is so advanced that theres so much stuff you need to learn
sictransitpaul: Im not going to argue whos skill cap is higher
sictransitpaul: but ice climbers has a giant ****ing learning curve.
friend:: MK too if you wanna be effective at all
sictransitpaul: i know im not saying hes easy.
sictransitpaul: im just saying
sictransitpaul: if you think ICs are really easy to learn
friend:: and no im pretty sure that once you learn desyncing and CG ice climbers gets extremely easy
sictransitpaul: then try it yourself.
sictransitpaul: no
sictransitpaul: not
sictransitpaul: at all
sictransitpaul: and you dont just
sictransitpaul: "learn desyncing"
friend:: really? because thats the whole strategy to the character
friend:: if you have it down then you're fine
friend:: well still what im getting at is that theres only 1 effective way to play IC
friend:: and thats with chaingrabs
friend:: so once you have that down you have 95% of the character down
friend:: ice climbers is ALL grabs
friend:: once you learn grabs you have 95% of the character down:: im not saying that grabs are easy
friend:: but once you master that theres nothing more to the character

Is this the general stigma on ICs?

Honestly, it makes me so angry :mad:

Also in case you were wondering he recently gave up Olimar to main Metaknight because he thinks he can't win with Olimar.

lain

Smash Master
That is sadly the general stigma they get.

The truth is that no one but Meep and I AFAIK do well consistently. Until everyone starts picking up IC's and suddenly cg'ing to death and desyncing insanely and blah blah blah, it's not that easy.

I think that both curves are very close to even. Just like the matchup.

Prawn

Smash Master
Usually when we argue(we're in the same shop, computer programming and web development, so theres a lot of nerd arguing), I say, "even lain doesnt pull off the infinites everytime, so you cant ban them, watch videos, sometimes they just aren't lined up right or you mess up.". But he still thinks they're easy to learn and stuff.

Next week our whole shop gets together for a mini-brawl tourny and smoke-fest. I'm determined to get the last laugh haha. By the way, is there any chance I could PM you or talk to you on aim about some ICs stuff? I'm getting so angry after 10+ hours of practice almost in a row haha

meepxzero

Smash Master
lol @ all grabs.... its the same as saying snakes game is all nades, diddys game is all bananas and mks game is all b moves. I wont lie grabs make us the most dangerous, but you can make that same stigma with any of the top characters in brawl.

Prawn

Smash Master
Agreed, it just sucks. He got 0-2d at the last Mass Madness with his olimar(barely lost to a toon link, then faced a metaknight and first game his controls were messed up somehow, crushed him second game and third game barely lost mostly cause of spamnado) and he just lost all hope in playing a lower ranked character. Now he insists on playing metaknight, it sucks.

lain

Smash Master
Wow. No offense but he has no idea what competitiveness or the metagame of smash is about.

Sure hit me up on aim. It's in my profile. :p

KRDsonic

Smash Master
The "once you learn chain grabbing and desyncing, they're easy to use" thing that guy said made me laugh so much.

Reminds me of how my piano teacher used to laugh at people who would say stuff like "yeah, that song is easy to play once you learn to play it", because that says nothing about difficulty to learn it, it just says that you can play the song without many mistakes after you've mastered it, same with Ice Climbers. Saying something that could be used in the exact same arguement for every other character (or every other thing in life, period) means absolutely nothing xD.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Most people have to put up with it. It's just people being ignorant toward Ice Climbers. For instance I have a friend who thinks IC's are just CG's and Blizzard. I keep trying to tell him he is really wrong, but he doesn't listen, so I just stop trying. Then there are people in my school (I'm 13 so of course none of them are halfway as good as I am in brawl) Who when I tell them I'm a really good Ice Climber player, they sorta jut look at me and laugh. So I invite them over my house, they get 3 stocked, then the next day someone else does the same thing. It's been happinging every year and I haven't lost once.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
listen guys. i´m the only ic main in the germanspeaking scene who is able to do the cg´s and all that stuff. and i´m the only ic main who does well on tourneys. and even i need to hear that things over and over again. it gets boring.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
"friend:: like hes easy to play but once you're at this level hes just as hard if not harder than ice climbers"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EPIC SERIOUSLY XD
This made my day lmao

Seriously just say this "Learn to lose kkthxbai"

I get attacked by people all the time with that stuff
i'm gonna post the next convo i get like that here :p

swordgard

Smash Hero

The truth is that no one but Meep and I AFAIK do well consistently. Until everyone starts picking up IC's and suddenly cg'ing to death and desyncing insanely and blah blah blah, it's not that easy.

I do well constantly, but nobody knows about it cause i never post about it :p

You can ask your favorite canadian players :p

Sieguest

Smash Master
Poor Nana, Poor Popo, where is the love? It seems like an epidemic, even in good old Texas! Just on friday, my friend tells me that the IC's are two one tracked characters! I proceeded to make him cry that day! (not literally)

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman

I have to completely disagree because when i first started playing ic i use to get ***** so bad its like i could not even learn to play them effectively because i would lose so quick. Metaknight has so many options if in doubt chip and tournado. Ice climbers have a much harder curv to learn because no one can just pick up ic and expect to win like with metaknight.

Top Bottom