• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Afraid of 1.0.6

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Dude, you don't need to act like that just because you're having a hard time in a MU, I myself have a hard time in certain MUs, but I don't think that's reason enough for me to just want nerfs out of nowhere for a certain move of that character.

If you want advice about how to handle the Ness Match Ups and punish those annoying PK Fires, just go to the Difficult Match Ups thread and we'll gladly do our best to give advice to you.

Last edited:

Tikao

Smash Ace
even with the gutting to SDI, EVERYBODY should be able to easily get out of it without getting grabbed, unless you get hit by it right in front of ness and if you get hit by such an slow and laggy move/projectile right in front of ness, then you pretty much deserve that.
it is pretty simple, if you get ***** by pk-fire, then that's your fault.

ness is a realy slow character without good mobility, you can simply outspeed him and destroy him that way + he has an unsafe recovery.

his bthrow without rage is weaker than it used to be, with rage it is obviously stronger, but so is EVERY killthrow in this game, and with rage there are a lot.

Ness is in no way op, he is pretty good, but if you know the MU, then you should be ok, there are not many MUs Ness realy dominates, unless the other character is bad in generell, but those characters get dominated in generell, so it's not realy Ness' "fault"

But in the end it is always easier to cry about a character and wanting them to be nerfed instead of improving and learning the MU.

Last edited:

Meccs

@Meccs_
PK Fire is not a good move. Unless your opponent doesn't know how to shield...

Last edited:

XCounter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CrossCounter
3DS FC
2981-7233-0181
Out of all of Ness's moves, I fail to understand why someone would complain about PK Fire lmao

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Of course I didn't look at the frame data, you don't need to to tell that it's got mad startup and endlag on PK Fire. Those were just off the top of my head guesses.

PK Fire is literally one of the easiest projectiles to avoid getting hit by in this game. Like, I guess maybe Pacman's melon is easier to dodge, and that's pretty much it.

If you'd rather cry for nerfs than get better at avoiding PK Fire, then stay salty my friend.

Plus, if we wanna nerf annoying ****, then gut Sheik's lagless fair.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
If only PK Fire wasn't so OP with its random shieldpoking qualities and ooooohhhh doing 9% on the first tic is cool oooooh OP unbeatable move no counterplay without SDI oooooohhhh

cadeo24

Smash Rookie
NNID
cadeo24
3DS FC
5172-2072-5345
I'm a Ness main and have been studying him for about a month now, PK Fire is probably the hardest move to pull off. Honestly if your opponent shields it too much they don't know how to dodge. It's a fairly easy move to avoid as long as you know what your doing. And when your playing as Ness the aiming has to be precise or else it's gonna contact too close or make no contact at all

Sonsa

Smash Champion
(Haven't read the whole thing, sorry)
His back-throw should be mostly safe, it's been strong in every game, right? If they wanted it weaker it probably would have been done by now. In the last patch, I believe the only major change to Ness was his PK Fire didn't activate on shield which is fair.

Um... I don't know, you generally hear he's good, but he only has a small share of representation in tourneys. I think he'll be fine, hopefully even a buff to speed his spike up a little bit, I loved landing it in past smash games, but it's kinda weird in this one... still doable, but...

ilysm

sleepy
Not activating on shield was the last patch to Project M, not Smash 4. It was indeed very fair.

(Though good heavens, imagine if it had--Ness would be breaking shields left and right with the increased shield decay and shield damage in this game. That would be so busted, haha!)

Last edited:

PMMikey

To be the best~
NNID
PMMikey
3DS FC
1478-6360-4387
Definitely want his dair to be like it was in project m also touch up his rising aerials. Just don't nerf the bobble head uair.

Edit: Lol I hope this kid is joking PKF is pretty bad, when I land it I always say "really?"

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
*Gimpable af
*PK Fiya requires a read (unless your facing a bad opponent)
*Weird mobility
*Bad neutral game

"He needs a nerf guyz!!!!"

Yea right, maybe if you try to LEARN instead of being SALTY. This wouldn't have happened...

Uffe

Smash Hero
Did the 1.0.5 patch do anything to Ness? The reason I ask is because it's about that time again where I'm going to be putting up before and after percentages for what was nerfed and what was buffed. I found a previous topic on the 1.0.4 patch and comparing Ness as of now to the 1.0.4, there were apparently some changes in percentage on his moves. Here is what I've just compiled:

Dash Attack - 4-6-10%
Jab - 2-2-4%

Up Tilt - 7%
Forward Tilt - 9% (10% diagonally up and down)
Down Tilt - Sweetspot 4%, 2% Sourspot

Up Smash - 9% Uncharged; 12% Charged
Up Smash Behind - 13% Uncharged; 18% Charged
Forward Smash - 18% Reg. Uncharged; 25% Reg. Charged, 22% Tipped Uncharged; 30% Tipped Charged
Down Smash - 12% Uncharged; 16% Charged
Down Smash Front - 12% Uncharged; 16% Charged

Up Air - 13%
Forward Air - 7%
Back Air - 15% Sweetspot; 8% Sourspot
Neutral Air - 11% Sweetspot; 7% Sourspot
Down Air - 12% Sweetspot; 10% Sourspot

Up Throw - 10%
Forward Throw - 11%
Back Throw - 11%
Down Throw - 7%

PK Thunder - 8%
PK Thunder Tail - +1%
PK Thunder 2 - 25% Close; 21% Far
PK Fire - +2%
PK Flash - 37% Charged

Compare here. I'm going to go about putting up when attacks KO later. Look specifically at his down smash. Oh, and it appears his b-throw was given an additional percent boost.

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Did the 1.0.5 patch do anything to Ness? The reason I ask is because it's about that time again where I'm going to be putting up before and after percentages for what was nerfed and what was buffed. I found a previous topic on the 1.0.4 patch and comparing Ness as of now to the 1.0.4, there were apparently some changes in percentage on his moves. Here is what I've just compiled:

Dash Attack - 4-6-10%
Jab - 2-2-4%

Up Tilt - 7%
Forward Tilt - 9% (10% diagonally up and down)
Down Tilt - Sweetspot 4%, 2% Sourspot

Up Smash - 9% Uncharged; 12% Charged
Up Smash Behind - 13% Uncharged; 18% Charged
Forward Smash - 18% Reg. Uncharged; 25% Reg. Charged, 22% Tipped Uncharged; 30% Tipped Charged
Down Smash - 12% Uncharged; 16% Charged
Down Smash Front - 12% Uncharged; 16% Charged

Up Air - 13%
Forward Air - 7%
Neutral Air - 11% Sweetspot; 7% Sourspot
Down Air - 12% Sweetspot; 10% Sourspot

Up Throw - 10%
Forward Throw - 11%
Back Throw - 11%
Down Throw - 7%

PK Thunder - 8%
PK Thunder Tail - +1%
PK Thunder 2 - 25% Close; 21% Far
PK Fire - +2%
PK Flash - 37% Charged

Compare here. I'm going to go about putting up when attacks KO later. Look specifically at his down smash. Oh, and it appears his b-throw was given an additional percent boost.
I was hoping for someone to do this. Good job Uffe.
But does Ness' dash attack REALLY do 20%? A part of me can't believe that.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I was hoping for someone to do this. Good job Uffe.
But does Ness' dash attack REALLY do 20%? A part of me can't believe that.
Ness' dash attack doesn't do 20%. It goes 4% > 2% > 4% = 10% as total damage. However, on his total damage, it comes out as 4% > 6% > 10%. I wish his dash attack did 20%. xD I'll have to rewrite this now. I've been mainly focused on the total damage rather than the standalone damage. I'm taking a break from when attacks kill. It kind of becomes tedious. I'd like to get done with it before tomorrow, though, because I want Mewtwo.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Yeah, his dash attack should really be 4-2-4%, which would give you 4--6-10% in total damage.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yeah, his dash attack should really be 4-2-4%, which would give you 4--6-10% in total damage.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d.
I feel it's better to go with total, though, because if you take Ness' d-smash into account and look at the standalone damage, it comes out as 10% rather than the total damage being 12%. It just looks confusing. I'll probably put these ">" symbols behind the numbers to show from "x% to y%". Or make a key so you can see what means what.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Nothing really. Ness's back throw was overpowered so they decided to nerf R.O.B.'s up throw instead.

Pryze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Apollon1an
Once again, looks like we came out of this patch relatively (If not completely) unscathed. What a relief.

Last edited:

PMMikey

To be the best~
NNID
PMMikey
3DS FC
1478-6360-4387
Yeah, I've been the lab and nothing that I can tell has been changed which is good, I was afraid that the bobble head uair was going to get nerfed.

Top Bottom