• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerudo control

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjPaH2xpP8&feature=channel

No guide has told me this. Most likely because it's way too obvious. >_>

Jeez, I can't believe I didn't know you can direct Ganon while diving with the opponent
in your hand.
Seriously, am I the only one? :embarrass
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Now for my questions:
Is there even more depth to the aerial Gerudo? (other inputs?)
Does damage% play any role?

This could lead into some crazy ****!!

Xena

Smash Rookie
Well, I knew you could grab people and go down with them (most Ganon's do), but I didn't know you could do it from the other side if they were right on the edge. Probably because I only get to play with the same people on campus every day and they know good and well to stay away from the edges when i'm Ganon ~.^ Hehe...

GimmieCookie

Smash Cadet
I knew about it, but I wouldn't reccomend it either.

- Too close and you risk death via your opponent sidestepping/whatever.

- Too far and you give more time for the target to react and punish.

But I don't use Gannon much, so I could be wrong.
And it is always satisfying when you do pull it off.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Yeah, I knew about this. Earlier today I did this to a Charizard on BF.

Gerudo is too good.

Edit: I'm almost certain that damage has no effect on Gerudo.

On a side note, I'm wondering about the potential of the "Non Suiciding" Ganoncide on Yoshi's Island's side platforms. If you were to know the timings of the platform coming up, could it be used constantly? There aren't any ledges to grab on like in the second to last Gerudo in that video, so they would die, right?

Blad01

Smash Lord
I knew this, but i've never tested it properly : If you space it correctly and miss, can you grab the ledge ?

Xena

Smash Rookie
Good concept Noobicidal, but, at least for me, every time I WANT one of those platforms to come up or to land on, they either don't show, or they go down as soon as I get close to landing -.- I find it better just to rely on the only platform that's guaranteed to be there. Maybe if you could make one show up... maybe... but still, getting someone all the way out there, on the edge of one of those platforms, AND managing to do it perfectly... still gonna take some luck... or a lot of free time, take your pick.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Good concept Noobicidal, but, at least for me, every time I WANT one of those platforms to come up or to land on, they either don't show, or they go down as soon as I get close to landing -.- I find it better just to rely on the only platform that's guaranteed to be there. Maybe if you could make one show up... maybe... but still, getting someone all the way out there, on the edge of one of those platforms, AND managing to do it perfectly... still gonna take some luck... or a lot of free time, take your pick.
I've not done any major research lately, so I'll see if there's some consistency when it comes to the platforms.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
- I'm talking about the inputs which can be done while sweeping your
opponent through the air.
Look at the different DI's in the 3 clips.. First clip is without DI, second is DI out, and last is DI in.

And like I said.. This can lead into crazy stuff!!

I'll play around with it..

Kishin

Smash Ace
I had no idea you could DI when under gerudo... I'm unsure if the % you have effects how well you can DI from gerudo.

If you space it well enough then even if you miss someone at the ledge you can DI right and grab the ledge. I remember this being mentioned in a thread somewhere about using this to mind game your opponent into a false sense of security or something of that effect.

I think the aerial gerudo spike at a ledge only works if your opponent DIs down during the effect so they miss the ledge. I am not even a bit sure about this though.

About the side platforms on Yoshi's Island, if you happen to ganoncide someone and the person you are ganonciding happens to hit the edge of one of those side platforms then because those platforms have no ledges then it will indeed spike them. I've experienced this myself and had quite the smirk when it happened. I'm sure someone around here has a video of it happening.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I had no idea you could DI when under gerudo...
Same here.. Everyone knows that you can DI during Bowsers claw, but I didn't know you could DI during the aerial FC.. lulz on me ^^
Though I don't know yet if the opponent can affect the Gerudo dive.

This is indeed yummie food for thought..

:034:

Smash Hero
I didn't know that (about the DI, that is), but the real question here is, "How useful could this be?" And the answer seems to be, "It doesn't really seem to matter much."

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I didn't know that (about the DI, that is), but the real question here is, "How useful could this be?" And the answer seems to be, "It doesn't really seem to matter much."
Just you wait!;)
I've already come up with a few (possible) scenarios in my mind..
I'll try and see if they are as effective as I believe they might be.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I can only imagine this being used on stages that aren't played seriously, like New Pork City (air choke from left side to possible floating limo on the bottom) or Skyworld (air choke from stage onto the moving plat at the bottom).

I never throw chokes out high enough to use this on say, Yoshi's Island, and to land on a support ghost.

And the risk doesn't seem worth it to use it on edges of stages with grab-able ledges.

I'll probably still only use air chokes to hit shielding edge guarders and ground-slamming DK's.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Sky World is played seriously.

I think if more tourneys allowed it into CP that its exploits would soon be revealed and make it banned, though.

I mean, we can aerial choke people in one hit to death from 0% under the right conditions.

Usefulness in general? Well, basically for the one thing in the vid: Of the times when you intercept a high recovery with Gerudo around the ledge, you can drift into the position where you put the opponent on the ledge.

I've forgotten now... if you do this on an ungrabbable ledge (Frigate's right side, for example), do you just fling them off, or is that situation just eliminated from the possible outcomes?

TP

Smash Master
Hey guys, I just sent Victra a PM. Let's not all bombard him with PMs, so let me take care of this. Z1GMA can PM him too, but for now let's keep this conflict small. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't ask.

EDIT: OK, the situation has been taken care of. Victra apologized (sorta >_>) and it seems there won't be any more trouble.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've found some sweet uses for this now..
I'll see if I can make a little mini vid of it. Stay tune! ;]

Top Bottom