• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aero Dynamics: a King Dedede combo video

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Something iv been working on for quite sometime. Its bugged me that a lot of people say that combos are nonexistent in brawl, and i intend to proove those people wrong. My videos not the best quality, but its fun to watch and DOES contain combos. Tell me what you think

Enjoy http://youtube.com/watch?v=PWQVcevlo7s

Muad'Dib

Smash Rookie
That was some nice edge work. Very entertaining. You make it very difficult for your opponent to get back on the stage :-).
Also, I don't know if I'd call DDD aerodynamic, but maybe he's not too bad if you compare him to a smooth sphere with a drag coefficient of ~0.4.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
lol "aerodynamic", my name is aero, and most of my combos are in the air lol. but agreed dedede isnt the most aerodynamic character :laugh:

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
Its bugged me that a lot of people say that combos are nonexistent in brawl, and i intend to proove those people wrong.
People say that because it's true. The overwhelming majority of your footage did not contain combos.

Don't get me wrong though, you had some very entertaining clips to watch. Just don't confuse "strings" with "combos."

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Most of the time I list parts of the video I enjoyed. I enjoyed all of this video. Thanks!

That was brave of you to take a ROB under Frigate like that.

Heavenly Cloud

Smash Apprentice
Wow your off stage game is rediculous. Really enjoyed it. I skipped out on it the first time i found it cause of quality, but glad i gave it a second chance.

Mooch

Smash Cadet
Amazing DDD. Don't even put the disclaimer about how you want to prove there are combos anymore. There will always be douchebags looking to bring you down when you make a great video like this. I'm surprised sliq isn't in here telling you how much you blow. Once again, amazing DDD, amazing video.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
I like how your so daring with going off the stage to kill an opponent

JCav

Smash Lord
that was a great vid, that off the stage game was awesome and the part with dk... yeah

full_95

Smash Journeyman
Amazing DDD. Don't even put the disclaimer about how you want to prove there are combos anymore. There will always be douchebags looking to bring you down when you make a great video like this. I'm surprised sliq isn't in here telling you how much you blow. Once again, amazing DDD, amazing video.
How in god's name do you have .02 posts per day? and why grace this thread with your presence? im not b!tching at you or anything, but dam, talk about lurking. haha

Mooch

Smash Cadet
I'm the most epic lurker that ever lived. No lol I dunno I usually only put my 2 cents in when I really feel I need to. I was watching some combo vids today and in almost every thread some *** was like "yea these aren't combos wtf are you doing never play brawl again" or some stupid crap like that. Compulsive comment I guess.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
haha, yea i saw the join date and 14 posts out of the corner of my eye and felt the need to comment. o well man, happy lurking, maybe we'll talk again in 3 years or so.

Corigames

Smash Hero
"I was watching some combo vids today and in almost every thread some *** was like "yea these aren't combos wtf are you doing never play brawl again" or some stupid crap like that."
That was probably me, because I"m never impressed by the crap that gets posted here.

Anyway, I said, while clicking on the link, "If there is one chain grab in this video, then I'm going to stop watching." Well, 4 seconds in and now I'm debating whether to stick to my word or not. Continuing...

I'm guessing that the shield button didn't work on any of your competitor's controllers? They seemed to act like when they are off the stage, the only answer is to get hit by every move you throw out there. Not the best idea, if I were to say.

It also seems that your opponents don't have the foresight to assume that you are going to use that mallet. I guess they are waiting for you to kick them to death every time. I guess that's OK though, it let's them use their "take everything to the face" strategy a lot.

Yeah, so that whole movie was D3 back airing over and over into a character controlled by a person that left to go to the bathroom. Sweet. No. It was boring, repetitive, and didn't make you look any better than the time before I saw this video. If one person had air dodged even one of those back airs, you would have completely been screwed. That's it.

Anyway... it was edited nicely.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Dammn what crawled up your as$ and died? it was for entertainment value you idiot. All of those combos were completely legit, and i would love to play u and show u sometime. or are you one of those people that cant let go of melee and just lurk on the boards looking to talk down on people for no reason other than to make yourself feel better? get a life n00b :)

Corigames

Smash Hero
Oh, cry a little more for me. I don't throw a parade for everyone that thinks they are just **** unbelievable, sue me.

I would love to play you, and would love to own you anytime. And guess what? I wouldn't make a COMBO VIDEO of it because there wouldn't be a combo. Did you look at what I posted? Did you notice that I wrote it out with spelling, grammar, with clear problems listed, and a compliment on your editing? No, you just want to blow your e-load on me because you figure that chain grabbing with Dedede is worthy of praise by everyone.

When you get better, make a video. When I meet you at a tournament, record it and make a video. Until then, don't get too bent out of shape because someone dislikes your pathetic video.

Oh, and, get a life n00b :)

Samus-T

Smash Lord
hah there were how many chaingrabs in my video? like maybe 3,4? i watch other ddd videos and all they do is chaingrab. you didnt have to criticize my video just because you found a chaingrab. i bet you havent even placed in a tournament. i dont think you've ever even seen me play in a match and you say you can "own me" lol.

Corigames

Smash Hero
So, you are going to sit there and assume that I have never placed in a tournament, can't own you, and that I am only ridiculing you because you chain grabbed a few times and think that you deserve a pat on the back, yet you never met me and you called me an idiot, I require attention, and that I have no life?

Yeah, I do like melee more. Yes, I do lurk here a lot. And even if I didn't have a life or had never participated in a tournament would that, ultimately, change the fact that if one person had air dodged just one of those back airs it would have ruined you? No.

And by the way:
"i dont think you've ever even seen me play in a match and you say you can "own me" lol."

Yeah, I have. I sat through 6 and a half painful minutes of you playing. And, guess what? I think I would own you. I tell you what. When I go to the next world class tournament, I'll make sure to MM you. I'll give you double what I should if you pull off a combo while doing it :D

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The airials remind me of jiggalypuff. awesome vid. =P

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I find it ironic that most people hold the sentiment that combo videos are supposed to be collections of good sh*t working against decent people, and then come into threads complaining about how 'better players' would have dodged and such. Combo videos are supposed to be for entertainment; if you wanted completely unbiased and competent match footage, go to the 'Tournament Videos' section of the board.

Constructive criticism is fine; being overly harsh for the sake of ragging on a Brawl combo video is not.

As for the video itself: not a bad showcase of WoP power. I agree with whoever mentioned you taking on that ROB under Frigate; that was ballsy, and to be honest I was surprised you came out on top. Well done there.

Corigames

Smash Hero
SO I guess it's ok if I set a controller to run at me and I beat the **** out of that person while I record it all. Then I can post it here and have a bunch of people applaud me for actually pulling off combos in Brawl.

I'll get right on that.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
Dammn what crawled up your as$ and died? it was for entertainment value you idiot. All of those combos were completely legit, and i would love to play u and show u sometime. or are you one of those people that cant let go of melee and just lurk on the boards looking to talk down on people for no reason other than to make yourself feel better? get a life n00b :)
10laughsoutloud

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
I love how everyone who complains about Brawl videos not being 'combo videos' weren't getting upset whenever someone released a Melee 'combo' video that mostly contained this newfangled 'string' idea.

Some Melee characters had playstyles that weren't even condusive to real combos, but they called them combo videos anyway. Hell, a vast majority of Melee combo videos featured strings that were very escapable, but they looked impressive.

Get over yourselves, 'combo' videos have been composed of strings since Melee. Complain about Brawl not having real combos elsewhere, but don't make fun of someone for calling his video a combo video.

/rant.

Its The Jinks

Smash Cadet
finally a d3 vid actually worth watching good stuff at 3:45 the rob chase waz funny . But lol people saying how you could easily air dodge those moves, that is true but this is a combo vid and it is suppose to be entertaining, they just wana see hits that lead to death because even in melee, if you were to di towards your oppenent it would help the combo keep going. Most of them are easily to escape from but combo vids are meant to be about editing and looking flashy. Im just saying a statement combo vids are combo vids and tourney vids are tourney vids.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I agree completely with you on the "n0 c0mb05 en bawrslzz!111" these people obviously aren't trying hard enough. But when i saw the title i was like "YEHHSZZ DAFT PUNK music in a combo vid!". I was wrong but good ****, nice to see the hits synced to the music at times. And superb edgeguarding.

The last clip was pure punkage...mindgamez don exits!

Top Bottom