• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aerial shine to bair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
ive seen it done a few times, but i see no posts about it. just looking for some general information such as frame leeway, characters it works on, ect.

takieddine

Smash Master
I know that you have to hit with the top part of the shine to connect the bair.

from my experience with falco, its much easier done at really high percents like 200+

SCOTU

Smash Hero
for starters, it works on everyone.
For seconds, it's not really worth it - the bair by itself is better
For 3rds, i don't have frame specifics for it (yet).

Brookman

Smash Hero
I did it once, pretty casually, and almost accidentally. It was fun, but it's really just a waste of time.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
That thing is just for cool looking purposes. nair>nair>jump>shine turn around>bair that's the sexiest combo ever. I'm sure it can work on almost every char but not sure of the percentage, other thing that you should keep in mind when doing this is that you must be spaced correctly so that you hit him with the top part of the shine then JC and bair as fast as you can but imo shine turn around>bair is more accurate.

psss ask da shiz wiz for more info on this

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i know its a waste of time, i was just bored and had been meaning to ask about it. actually i saw it for the first time at FCD and was kinda freaked and then saw it recently in a vid so i decided to ask.

edit:: oh yea, i did it. you just have to be fast, and using a trick i learned from shiz, its not that hard.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
lol what trick he said to you? he only told me that he and his brother keep speed on invented it

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
This isnt that new. You just have to be extremely fast and hit with the top part of the shine. Earlier some1 mentioned they didnt know what percent for each person... y should it matter because shine has the same knockback regardless of what damage you are at. It does work on every character, im sure of that.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
y should it matter because shine has the same knockback regardless of what damage you are at.
I don't know in what percentage you can combo into shine>bair but i'm sure Up-throw, uptilt and nair are good set uppers

Brookman

Smash Hero
up throw and shine - bair. It's really pretty simple. You can even turn around in the shine and then bair if you want to be REALLY SPECIAL.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Its basically not that useful, and the only time ive ever seen it done in real life was by my crew member who is a falco player in general and fox secondary. He thought he was falco so he did shince >> bair, and then when it hit we were like wtf lol.

Peace

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
the trick that i learned from shiz is actually really simple and probably a lot of people do it, but i never really thought about it. basically when you want to cancel your shines really fast into a fulljump (or aerial jump) just use the control stick. press down and then up (down for the shine) and after you hit the b slide down to the cstick for the bair.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
That thing is just for cool looking purposes. nair>nair>jump>shine turn around>bair that's the sexiest combo ever. I'm sure it can work on almost every char but not sure of the percentage, other thing that you should keep in mind when doing this is that you must be spaced correctly so that you hit him with the top part of the shine then JC and bair as fast as you can but imo shine turn around>bair is more accurate.

psss ask da shiz wiz for more info on this
aww i thought i invented this!! you know, the whole nair > shine turn around > bair thing...

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Shizwiz does this alot to end pillar combos at over 90-100. Full hop to shine-turnaroudn bair.
It's very hard... I found that up throw can be a good set up for it but still... I bair alone can do the job if you connect it properly

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
depending on your opponent's di, uthrow can be hard to follow. if you throw right after the grab they might not di. Thats an easy shine bair right there.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
the trick that i learned from shiz is actually really simple and probably a lot of people do it, but i never really thought about it. basically when you want to cancel your shines really fast into a fulljump (or aerial jump) just use the control stick. press down and then up (down for the shine) and after you hit the b slide down to the cstick for the bair.
Use the control stick--an awesome trick. I'm glad someone discovered this or I might not have figured it out. :chuckle:

This technique is stupid.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Edit:

Shai, sorry about that. Thought it was falco thread. But yeah, not to useful for Fox. But is random and can be unexpectedly good.

If the question woulda been for falco forums and I was getting same replys.... I woulda been a little frustrated, lol.

Thanks for the correction Shai.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Shiz I thought this thread was about Fox's shine=> bair. That's what I was talking about when I said it was stupid.

I know it's a good tactic for Falco. With Fox it just doesn't seem worth it because you get an extra 4ish damage and IMO it is much harder to do consistently.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Its the same **** thing. If you fullhop at an opponent they might expect a nair. Pause in midair with a shine for a splitsecond then do the revese bair.

Its useful with both characters. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean it isn't good bro.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Its the same **** thing. If you fullhop at an opponent they might expect a nair. Pause in midair with a shine for a splitsecond then do the revese bair.

Its useful with both characters. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean it isn't good bro.
That's not what he's talking about. Read the thread. This is about the shine=> bair COMBO, not using shine to stall/position for bairs, which I do frequently, by the way.

Fox's shine => bair COMBO is significantly harder than Falco's and much less useful IMO.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
This is a trick I want to have down I've only been able to get it a few times and one in a crazy *** combo I did one time. Yes it isn't a move that is useful during a match but if you play technical, might as well go for it plus it feels good when you do get it.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
That's not what he's talking about. Read the thread. This is about the shine=> bair COMBO, not using shine to stall/position for bairs, which I do frequently, by the way.

Fox's shine => bair COMBO is significantly harder than Falco's and much less useful IMO.
lawl. i can be so stupid sometimes. My bad, I didn't realize he meant to hit with it first. Ya, in that sense its useless as hell.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
can we just let this die already? seriously, all this **** was addressed a long time ago, its getting highly redundant, and nothing new has been added. its a flashy technique that looks cool but is entirely worthless. end of story. done. no more posting >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom