• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice & Critiques, please.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I finally have a vid, yay.
Well yeah, I just picked up Marth about a month ago, and actually got to record a match vs my friend who happens to be wayyy better than me. ^_^;;;
So yeah, my Marth sucks and PR is a beast.

Keep that in mind, and I'd love any advice and/or critiques any of you out there could give.

Looking over the vid, I can see; NEEDS MOAR NAIRS/FAIRS.
Yeah. I was playing weird. Stage johns perhaps?
Whatever. I type too much. Here's the vid.
More to come in the following week or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvuKwn4Gmew

Brainjack

Smash Journeyman
um....aerials? shffls? l cancels?

yea those are probably the biggest ones lol, and more wd, i know you can do it cuz i saw you wavehog but yea, more movement, you pretty much just stay on the ground walk around (not even much dash)

also, lol, ys, no stage johns for marth

but i guess not too bad for a month....work on more basics tho

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Yeah, I realize I didn't aerial much in that match. Not really sure why tbh.
I think it was the small stage. Idk. I usually do spam the **** outta Fair and sometimes Nair.

I wish we actually got a vid of me looking good on FD or something. XD

Thanks for the critique either way. ^_^

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Cheap bump;

I meant stage johns as in the reason I was playing weird, not because I lost. I didn't expect to win. ^_^

I play a lot different usually, maybe because it's a small stage vs Falco?

Open to any more critiques. Also, going to read the thread bout getting around the laz0rz.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Woah, the quality was better than I thought. All right, let's see if I can find anything helpful to say.

If you get a grab on Falco at zero percent and he doesn't go for a platform, chaingrab until he goes onto a platform, then tipper him with a utilt or fsmash. At lower percents, unless you can get a tipper, don't go for the fsmash, especially near the center of the stage. Grab instead, and rack up his damage and move him towards the edge where you can edgeguard him.

After Falco's second jab (you can tell it's the second jab because it'll be the opposite hand from his first jab) you can always shieldgrab him, so long as you react fast enough.

Ledgestall when you're on the ledge. You need those invincibility frames for ledgehopping or ledgedashing.

Wow, that combo sucked for you. You should really DI out of that... or at least tech.

Dair edgeguard isn't really a great option against Falco.

Don't panic on the recovery, and save your double jump, especially against Falco.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Woah, the quality was better than I thought. All right, let's see if I can find anything helpful to say.

If you get a grab on Falco at zero percent and he doesn't go for a platform, chaingrab until he goes onto a platform, then tipper him with a utilt or fsmash. At lower percents, unless you can get a tipper, don't go for the fsmash, especially near the center of the stage. Grab instead, and rack up his damage and move him towards the edge where you can edgeguard him.

After Falco's second jab (you can tell it's the second jab because it'll be the opposite hand from his first jab) you can always shieldgrab him, so long as you react fast enough.

Ledgestall when you're on the ledge. You need those invincibility frames for ledgehopping or ledgedashing.

Wow, that combo sucked for you. You should really DI out of that... or at least tech.

Dair edgeguard isn't really a great option against Falco.

Don't panic on the recovery, and save your double jump, especially against Falco.
Thanks a lot elvenarrow, really helpful post.
I'll keep these things in mind and most likely have more matches up this weekend.

^_^

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
Do you even watch your opponent? You seem to be just doing whatever. Don't shield when your idle just because it's falco.

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
i would also not recommend busting out random fsmashes falco could easily punish you for spaming it. also only reverse upb out of your shield, off the ledge or if you are 100% you will get. the lag/fall time you could get comboed like before and there goes 1 stock. counter works great for when edge gaurding, and the lasers.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
The biggest thing that stuck out to me was your extreme lack of aerials. The size of the stage shouldn't scare you that much. Practice your SHFFL aerials first. You need work in other departments too, but I think its best if you focus on your aerial training first. Personally, I think this is something you should get under your belt before playing actual matches.

Top Bottom