• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advantages to Lucario's grab release?

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Don't know why I never used them before. I was able to "chain grab" a Charizard with it. What else can you use the release for?

Samuelson

Smash Lord
I don't think Lucario's grab release is really useful. You might be able to grab release to dash grab if your opponent doesn't expect it or maybe GR to Force Palm (Ive been experimenting recently). Lucario's grab range is way to small to make his GR really useful though :(

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I don't think Lucario's grab release is really useful. You might be able to grab release to dash grab if your opponent doesn't expect it or maybe GR to Force Palm (Ive been experimenting recently). Lucario's grab range is way to small to make his GR really useful though :(
No offense to Sam, but I think it has some decent potential, albeit it being somewhat risky in nature. Like he said, FP can come out of it, dash grab, but I've also seen AS, regular/strutterstepped Fsmash, fair approach, and sometimes ftilt or dtilt. Off the edge, though, I saw a match where Azen used the edgegrab, which caused his opponent to whiff what would have worked if he'd been thrown, with a fully charged AS edgeguard to boot. It was painful to see >.<.

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Grab release off the edge to fair or dair is good. Even better if you can land the stage spike. Try to hit your opponent's farthest side from the stage with the dair hitbox. Works great against Wolf, Ganon, Link, etc.

Timbers

check me out
Unless you've grabbed someone on the ledge, then it's pointless to release them. Just do your pummels and throw them for a free 10%, from there you can chase them.

Grab release is bad for Luc. His jabs are slow, his ground speed is meh, and his grab range is bad.

Nic64

Smash Lord
could have situational use on the edge, but that is pretty uncommon, better to take the throw damage 99% of the time IMO

kriatevPit

Smash Cadet
yea all good points but now maining fox and lucario, pit and IC as seconds never let anything go passed without trying it. if ya hear bout it try it abnd if it does promote it and spread the word if not let other ppl bring the bad news ;P

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Can you even pull of a F-smash fast enough after a release?

@timbers
what about f-tilting then? Im more then sure that ftilt is faster and would be a better choice.
-t2

Top Bottom