• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced Flash Tactics *strats sec. up*

New name for the semi-scar?

• Total voters

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Telestepping is a lot easier on YI for me, I'll work on it if I find the time though xD

Something for YI and lylat (or wherever places are sloped), ever sideB'd and landed without the hitbox coming out, and with this nice slide thing? It's actually useful for getting past people waiting for you near the edge and readying a counter.

:059:

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
...What, Ishiey? Maybe Im just tired, but I barely understood that lol.
Btw Asaph I can say now;
I can't do lightfall or telestepping as if its second nature yet, but I have done both on YI quite a bit, so it's DEFINITELY possible...Although it might be one of a few that might be hard to get down to something you can do consistently...

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Telestepping, I'm not worried about. It should be possible on all stages.

It's lightstepping I'm curious about, which I've done only once on YI (brawl), and even then, it wasn't on purpose.

JCav

Smash Lord
i believe that the spot to lightstep on yoshis is below the usual spot you can do it

also, if you shine on the slope while falling, you will waveland and grab the edge :D

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I like keeping names the way they already are, so I voted for semi-scar.

You other people can call it what you want, but I'll still always say semi-scar :D

Also, is Lightstepping anymore useful than telestepping? I'm good at telestepping, but is there any reason to ever lightstep?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I got lightstepping to work on YI, but I suck at these things so I didn't get it too consistent >_> It's not too difficult though.

Personally, lightstepping is more useful for edgeguarding purposes, I've seen some interesting things done with it. In essence though, lightstepping and telestepping are the same exact thing in different locations...

I still haven't updated that post from before ._. Man I really need to start getting on top of things.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
lol....Is Ishiey spread too thin? Ishiey needs to relax....Do what seagull does. Act like an idiot...oh wait....he's not acting, is he? >.> :p

perfectedidiot2

Smash Cadet
Random testing yields, weird results.

Well apparently both lightstep and telestep cancel suffer from 25 frames of bslag upon a normal or 0 lagged landing

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235394

For example:

If you lightstepped and did a 0 lagged fair you would suffer from 25 frames of lag because the bslag hasn't been "cancelled"

If you lightstepped and did an improperly landed bair its landing lag of 8 frames would replace the bs lag of 25 frames. In other words it would be faster to improperly land a bair out of lightstep/telestep cancel than to do an 0 lagged air attack.

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Yes, just if you use an aerial that way, that there isn't landing lag caused by it, you will have the bslag and not the lag of the aerial.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
That's useful... but sadly, FFing the fair wouldn't help too much since it gives us more landing lag than regular BSL, coupled with the time we saved in the SH it would come out about even... Whatever, I'm going to try out more ledgehopped uair for a while, see how that turns out.

And Asaph, I'd say that the strats section is pretty good, except you're missing that blaster planking draws the opponent close so you can scar to safety. I'd mention that, it's a good use if you want a safe return to the stage.

Top Bottom