• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADHD Pulls off clutch comeback vs ZeRo - SKTAR2

Djent

Smash Champion
It's a funny kind of hype, though. I've come to embrace the ****tier aspects of this game, because when people triumph over them it's a twofold victory.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
so glad that obese mexico man bat got his ass beat in the most embarrassing way. learn to P L A Y smash and not G A Y smash

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
the only thing that could have made this better is if ADHD would have won with 1% in the lead.

Luigi player

Smash Master
^ That is uncalled for.
I agree though. If Zero won it wouldn't be justified in any way. Fate didn't let him win I guess, because he wouldn't have derserved it at all.
He only camped and ran away. ADHD didn't run away, only when he needed to pull bananas. Zero only ran away and camped on the edge/ledge, because it seemed like he couldn't win it otherwise.
Chicken out, time out. It's the only way he could've won, which is really really stupid.

The saddest part is he could've easily won if he didn't SideB at the end, but like I said fate was on ADHDs side this time.

It's not that I don't like Zero, but I'm hating the playstyle after he saw he had no chance besides getting the last hit and running away. So glad ADHD won.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I actually think Zero is A LOT better vs most people when he just runs in and fights (kind of like me).

The way me and Zero think (and Otori) is that it's more efficient to abuse the 8 minute timer for logical purposes, but we often do better just rushing in. (me vs Brood game 1 vs the rest of the games when I camped for example).

TreK

Is "that guy"
As much as I dig the clip, I only fear one thing : that Zero does not take this as him getting beaten for doing the wrong thing. If he thinks that without that derpful side B he'd have won, there will be no reason for him to change his playstyle against Diddy, and that would suck.

TL?

Smash Ace
I really wonder why some of you follow the competitive scene if you hate players for using effective strategies...

Sashimi

Smash Ace
I really wonder why some of you follow the competitive scene if you hate players for using effective strategies...

Clearly it's not very effective...

But I don't hate anyone for trying to time people out. I just think it's boring for other people to watch, and funny when it backfires.

TL?

Smash Ace
Clearly it's not very effective...

But I don't hate anyone for trying to time people out. I just think it's boring for other people to watch, and funny when it backfires.
It clearly is effective, just not perfect. The fact that we all enjoyed seeing it backfire so much suggests that it typically doesn't backfire.

Sliq

Smash Master
I can't be the only one to think it's pathetic that this is a hype moment, right?

Sliq

Smash Master
Wow 2 stocks at the end of a time out. Sounds brutal.

Top Bottom